Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10678 10679 [10680] 10681 10682 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998682 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160185 on: June 20, 2022, 08:15:34 pm »

Pointedly, there is buy-in to that mess from folks pretty high up the sociopolitical ladder. Their imagination has done more to put us where we are in terms of world hunger and whatnot than doing anything to solve it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #160186 on: June 21, 2022, 01:07:16 am »

I was looking for a reason to shoehorn in Battlefield Earth into the convo, and what do you know, that too is a weird alien movie
Sientologi
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160187 on: June 21, 2022, 01:35:57 am »

I was looking for a reason to shoehorn in Battlefield Earth into the convo, and what do you know, that too is a weird alien movie
Sientologi

David, where's Sharon?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160188 on: June 21, 2022, 02:40:31 am »

I bet the reason we've never talked to aliens is because they think we're boring.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160189 on: June 21, 2022, 04:01:41 am »

Over the last couple months I've become pseudo-left handed, or pseudo-ambidextrous. My right elbow is still recovering from the hairline fracture I suffered last year, and it doesn't hurt but it still feels like I shouldn't be putting any pressure on it, so I've just been using my left hand for everything important. Using it for a lot of things that require dexterity was awkward at first, but now it feels somewhat natural.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #160190 on: June 21, 2022, 05:37:04 am »

There was some early 2000's alien invasion movie about that, where lizard aliens were inciting global warming as a way for us to terraform for them.  I don't remember much except that one of the aliens was disguised as a human and used a pocket singularity grenade to escape the main character at one point.

In fact I got it initially confused with the V (for Victory) mini-series, which I thought was made in the early 2000's but apparently was made in the early 1980's!  It must have been 2 decades old when I saw it, and I thought it was new.

I am good at watching film

But yeah I'm surprised we don't see more stories where global warming is a plot by xenos.  It gets passed around conspiracy circles sometimes but such people tend to resist the idea of global warming, or the globe, in the first place.

The 80's one wants as daytime afternoon reruns when I was young, but iirc there was a post-00's attempt at a remake.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160191 on: June 21, 2022, 10:58:20 pm »

someone has apparently been telling my grandmother i've been running a red light in my room (i.e. advertising for prostitution in the most rock stupid way possible, which, just. No, on several levels starting at practical) at night

and my non-verbal reaction just, like. Honey, 1, I don't get nearly that much play, 2, you literally couldn't pay me to fuck anyone that would be a customer for that in the county I live in -- they way too damn poor and too damn std ridden to be able to afford the floor price on that one

this is what happens when old people talk to drug addicts, i guess, i'unno what the hell's going on with this one
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #160192 on: June 23, 2022, 01:06:20 am »

I have been totally unable to connect to bay12games.com, and also wikipedia, all week. My phone, my laptop, neither work.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160193 on: June 23, 2022, 10:38:48 am »

What did you do to anger jifodus??

Hmm... When 125 out of 180 of pages in, you start doubting a history book because of the misuse of a single word... I mean I knew this was sorta written for a less academic target audience, but no dear bbc life, ivory sculptures and fancy manuscripts can never be Kleinkunst, I see that you tried to say miniature artpieces but kleinkunst is art made without or with minimal use of tools, basically cabaret.
let

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160194 on: June 23, 2022, 04:27:30 pm »

I bet the reason we've never talked to aliens is because they think we're boring.

this is an underrated post
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160195 on: June 24, 2022, 11:47:31 am »

this is an underrated post

I thought it was an understated concept.  I think aliens are downright revolted by us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #160196 on: June 24, 2022, 03:03:39 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
The Toad's Banhammer has awoken from its slumber!
"Repeatedly bothering people with offsite drama"
 ???
ripperino I guess
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160197 on: June 24, 2022, 03:05:51 pm »

I always get a bit sad when I don’t recognize the name that got banned, but having been involved in the conversation that got lagslayer (I think it was them) banned, and having the occasional distasteful conversation with some of the other people that got banned, I don’t know if I should wish these things upon myself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160198 on: June 24, 2022, 04:55:45 pm »

Damn, I really thought we'd be able to go a year without anyone getting banned. For some reason, I keep deluding myself into thinking that Toady has finally banned all the crazy people only to get proven wrong.

I assume the strange names are upper boards folk.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160199 on: June 24, 2022, 05:19:49 pm »

Damn, I really thought we'd be able to go a year without anyone getting banned. For some reason, I keep deluding myself into thinking that Toady has finally banned all the crazy people only to get proven wrong.

I assume the strange names are upper boards folk.

The banned person joined this year.  So...
It also puts this conversation in an all new light.
Pages: 1 ... 10678 10679 [10680] 10681 10682 ... 10974