Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10681 10682 [10683] 10684 10685 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996377 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160230 on: June 30, 2022, 07:23:19 am »

Sperm Whale
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160231 on: June 30, 2022, 07:26:16 am »

Hump Back Whale

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160232 on: June 30, 2022, 07:58:13 am »

So I had a workplace accident in the middle of April. I had medical leave until half of May. Afterward, I gave medical documentation to my boss, as requested.

Today, I got a request from the wages office to give them the documentation. So I had to go to the boss, get the documentation coppied, and deliver one of the copies.
I kept one copy this time, so that if anyone else needs it, I still have it.

I am mostly surprised they waited until today to request it, rather than end of May.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #160233 on: June 30, 2022, 10:43:52 am »

So it was yesterday.  I know the thread is 'Re: Things that made you go "WTF" today o  O', but it was yesterday.

So it was yesterday, and I was watching Polar Bear on Disney +.  And I realized fifteen minutes in that the mother was thinking in retrospect from when she was young, and had two boys.  Then, five minutes after that, I realized she was probably too exhausted from hunting to feed her cubs, and was abandoning them.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160234 on: June 30, 2022, 10:57:15 am »

I practiced motorcycling today. I drove through the nearby streets, and had fun with it. It is surprisingly similar to plain cycling, just much faster and effortless.

But I will never forget how powerful vehicles with engines are. I may be young, but I am not overconfident at all, even though I should be. I do have plenty of experience with bicycles and going real fast with them, but the sheer speed increase of an engine is something unique to it, and it is unforgettable.

The motor we have is small and old (but very well taken care of). But don't let that fool you, it is a very powerful. Like, me, my two smaller brothers and my dad can all climb on it and it will still speed up in a second and keep it, no prob.

It's sooooo faaaaast! It's just like that. I literally recoil when I accelerate with the thing. And thats freaky for me.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160235 on: June 30, 2022, 11:16:22 am »

I didn't know it was possible to change your username....

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160236 on: June 30, 2022, 11:20:02 am »

It's pretty rare since, AFAIK, only ToadyOne can do it for us.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160237 on: June 30, 2022, 04:13:19 pm »

Indeed. Ever since the Toadening, our name-changing rights have been heavily restricted. That we may not abuse such forbidden powers again.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160238 on: June 30, 2022, 04:33:56 pm »

The question is: what powers does Novel Scoops, I mean Novel, I mean Scoops Novel, hold over the Toad to be able to do so willy-nilly.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160239 on: June 30, 2022, 05:57:17 pm »

Oh huh I hadn't noticed that, just the avatar change.  Funny.

Brought to you by exercise-induced endorphins:

Many people ponder the precise definition of a sandwich.  But what exactly is a BLT?
Does it have to be on italian bread, any bleached flour, or can it even be whole wheat?
Can the lettuce be spinach?
Can the tomatoes be... cucumbers?
Does the bread retroactively become more italian if one adds lots of olives and green peppers?

All I know is that the "Italian BLT" I ordered did not, apparently, qualify for Subway's daily deal.  I didn't quibble, I was floating on endorphins and eager to eat my bacon-salad-in-a-long-breadbowl.  Extra mustard.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #160240 on: June 30, 2022, 06:19:02 pm »

Oh huh I hadn't noticed that, just the avatar change.  Funny.

Brought to you by exercise-induced endorphins:

Many people ponder the precise definition of a sandwich.  But what exactly is a BLT?
Does it have to be on italian bread, any bleached flour, or can it even be whole wheat?
Can the lettuce be spinach?
Can the tomatoes be... cucumbers?
Does the bread retroactively become more italian if one adds lots of olives and green peppers?

All I know is that the "Italian BLT" I ordered did not, apparently, qualify for Subway's daily deal.  I didn't quibble, I was floating on endorphins and eager to eat my bacon-salad-in-a-long-breadbowl.  Extra mustard.
Its all right there in the name.

If its an Italian BLT then it needs to be italian in some way (the bread will do, although if its made in italy or the dude making it is italian then the bread can still be anything) and be made with something that starts with a B, a L, and a T.
Since spinach and cucumbers don't start with a L or a T you cannot replace the lettuce or tomatoes with them. What you propose is a BSC, which is entirely different.

If you made it out of Baloney, Legumes and the Tears of an Italian chef then yes, it would still be a Italian BLT, although I imagine the close minded people at Subway probably would neither make that sandwich nor honor the BLT deal on it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160241 on: June 30, 2022, 06:36:46 pm »

What you propose is a BSC, which is entirely different.

I went to Subway and ordered a sandwich and came out with a degree!

Or

Those corporations really are making the job market overqualified for everything. You can get degrees in sandwich shops now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160242 on: July 01, 2022, 04:42:05 am »

Chief executive topping manager with 5 years of extensive experience in layering.
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160243 on: July 01, 2022, 06:10:40 am »

Chief executive topping manager with 5 years of extensive experience in layering.

I, too, have years of experience with topping subs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160244 on: July 01, 2022, 08:58:35 am »

So I had a workplace accident in the middle of April. I had medical leave until half of May. Afterward, I gave medical documentation to my boss, as requested.

Today, I got a request from the wages office to give them the documentation. So I had to go to the boss, get the documentation coppied, and deliver one of the copies.
I kept one copy this time, so that if anyone else needs it, I still have it.

I am mostly surprised they waited until today to request it, rather than end of May.
Nefarious answer: Your workplace's policies are designed to fuck with you, since many bosses would have lost your medical documentation by now.
Realistic answer: It was probably sitting on the desk of someone at the wage office since May, and they just now got to looking at it.
Pages: 1 ... 10681 10682 [10683] 10684 10685 ... 10973