Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10703 10704 [10705] 10706 10707 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999676 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160560 on: August 16, 2022, 04:43:35 am »

The cane is stronger then the pen!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160561 on: August 16, 2022, 02:40:50 pm »

"Southern gentlemen" on their way to participate in civilized government:

The cane is stronger then the pen!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 02:44:55 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160562 on: August 16, 2022, 05:08:09 pm »

...and people think WE have problems Today.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160563 on: August 16, 2022, 05:14:54 pm »

Well shit I might be fucked then because I've never had chicken pox.

You can still get the vaccine bro. I had to get it in order to go to grad school even though I had chicken pox and have got the scars to prove it. Just go get vaxxed, you can thank me later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160564 on: August 16, 2022, 05:40:31 pm »

Watching a rather good light infotainment video on youtube.

I'm slightly upset by their definition of 'life'
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 05:42:02 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160565 on: August 17, 2022, 03:23:18 am »

Well shit I might be fucked then because I've never had chicken pox.

You can still get the vaccine bro. I had to get it in order to go to grad school even though I had chicken pox and have got the scars to prove it. Just go get vaxxed, you can thank me later.
Think I had to one of those to go to school.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #160566 on: August 18, 2022, 08:46:27 am »

So, apparently it's a big "scandal" in Finland that the PM, a woman in her thirties, was partying with her friends and a video leaked of it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11123023/Finlands-glamorous-PM-Marin-Sanna-36-seen-dancing-wildly-celebrity-friends-leaked-video.html

Quote from: The Daily Mail
Party PM! Finland's glamorous Prime Minister Marin Sanna, 36, says she has 'nothing to hide' as MP calls for her to take a DRUG test after leaked video showed her dancing wildly with celebrity friends

Note that the claims about drug use are based on an interpretation by some right-wingers/populists who said that you could hear in the video people talking about "jauhojengi" (powder gang). It's more likely that it is "jallujengi" (jallu is a type of booze). So, now people want the PM to go to drug tests (as if they'd show anything anymore since the video is a couple weeks old by now).

It's more likely that the problem here is that we have a young woman as a PM. It's never been as big an issue when male politicians go partying and things get a bit wild (especially from the populist parties).

The only problem I see is that some jerk posted the video of a private event at a private home online. That's like some really dickish behaviour. (Also, I couldn't care less even if the PM would've taken some drugs, which I don't believe is the case.)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160567 on: August 18, 2022, 09:33:52 am »

Is this 1950? The woman could be drugged out of her mind as long as she does her job... We need a direct pipeline from belgium to finland so I can blow my smoke in these people's faces.
let

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #160568 on: August 18, 2022, 09:35:06 am »

Someone forgot to check if the right to party was in the Constitution

You gotta fight for your right to party!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160569 on: August 18, 2022, 09:39:38 am »

I mean, the calls are politically motivated.  That's really the rub of it.

They see a chance to pressure her.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #160570 on: August 18, 2022, 10:06:31 am »

I mean, the calls are politically motivated.  That's really the rub of it.

Of course. It's quite obvious (especially when you take into account who have been making these calls).

Though, I was honestly quite surprised that Timo Soini (former leader of the populist True Finns) said something like "most of us have probably at some point been drunk with our friends".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #160571 on: August 18, 2022, 10:33:38 am »

Note that the claims about drug use are based on an interpretation by some right-wingers/populists who said that you could hear in the video people talking about "jauhojengi" (powder gang).

You have to be utterly naive to believe this. We all know what she means.

(Also, I couldn't care less even if the PM would've taken some drugs, which I don't believe is the case.)

Jokes aside, that is a really awful opinion. I want my politicians as sober and not indebted to organised crime as possible, please.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160572 on: August 18, 2022, 10:48:26 am »

Ah yes because high society buys their drugs in a alleyway, and every dealer has direct ties to don corleone.

just... *rolleyes* give joe biden, or trump, or one of these old white farts some psychedelics and it might be the first time you witness trace amounts of consciousness coming from them
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160573 on: August 18, 2022, 11:02:31 am »

How dare she not be grey and bland like every other politician.

Unless there’s evidence she’s taken drugs it’s a bit cheeky for her opponents to accuse her of taking drugs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #160574 on: August 18, 2022, 11:06:39 am »

Ah yes because high society buys their drugs in a alleyway, and every dealer has direct ties to don corleone.

Please, advice me on where high society buys their ethical cocaine. Oh they still buy it from people who get it from Colombia? You don't say.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10703 10704 [10705] 10706 10707 ... 10974