Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10729 10730 [10731] 10732 10733 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999146 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160950 on: October 03, 2022, 03:37:30 am »

The "e" key on my laptop has completely stopped functioning now... It's been a bit fiddly for a while, but this seems to be the moment it truly gives up the ghost. Which is... unfortunate.

Doubly unfortunate given that I don't currently have a USB keyboard to back it up, triply unfortunate in that my login password contains at least one "e", so if I don't get a replacement keyboard set up shortly I'm gonna be in a bit of a pickle :P

And if you're wondering how I managed to write this out without the functioning key, well... Ctrl-V. Yeah.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160951 on: October 03, 2022, 04:30:16 am »

And if you're wondering how I managed to write this out without the functioning key, well... Ctrl-V. Yeah.
That's how I handled dead keys on my old laptop, did you know that widows has a onscreen keyboard, while it is the same amount of pain in the ass to use as the pasting method it does allow you type in your password on the computer on start up even with a dead key.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160952 on: October 03, 2022, 06:35:33 am »

A lot of this smart stuff really just silly.
Yesterday I silently mumbled and grumbled to myself when I saw my supermarket is selling smart feeders and waterers for cats and dogs, special offer for Animal Day.

If you're too lazy /too busy too feed animals twice per day, don't get a pet.
Eh, they can help with consistency that can be good for pets, actually. It's something that can be beneficial even for folks that can otherwise manage feeding/etc. Something that both helps the pet and lets the person focus more on other aspects of pet care isn't a silly thing, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160953 on: October 03, 2022, 07:04:17 am »

The "e" key on my laptop has completely stopped functioning now... It's been a bit fiddly for a while, but this seems to be the moment it truly gives up the ghost. Which is... unfortunate.

Doubly unfortunate given that I don't currently have a USB keyboard to back it up, triply unfortunate in that my login password contains at least one "e", so if I don't get a replacement keyboard set up shortly I'm gonna be in a bit of a pickle :P

darn now how are you going to call for a medic in TF2
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #160954 on: October 03, 2022, 07:04:26 am »

A lot of this smart stuff really just silly.
Yesterday I silently mumbled and grumbled to myself when I saw my supermarket is selling smart feeders and waterers for cats and dogs, special offer for Animal Day.

If you're too lazy /too busy too feed animals twice per day, don't get a pet.
Even for attentive pet owners they are useful for training, as you can use them to train pets into changing what time they expect food. Very useful for young cats who want to wake you up every 4:00 a.m. because they are naturally crepuscular; with a timed feeder you can slowly push their expectations of food forward without having to personally wake up every 5:00, 6:00, 7:00 a.m.

Otherwise I actually agree. Too many people get animals because they think they are cute but don't understand the responsibility they entail. It's why I have two cats now even though I am a dog person. Because my fam keep getting cats that they grow irritated of and then I end up having to look after them. At least they have a loving owner in me now but I too, am like a giant cat, who wants only to be left alone when I am sleeping >:(

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #160955 on: October 03, 2022, 07:35:09 am »

That infers that there is some giant being that thinks you are really cute and keeps poking you on the nose when you're sleeping though
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #160956 on: October 03, 2022, 08:33:47 am »

That infers that there is some giant being that thinks you are really cute and keeps poking you on the nose when you're sleeping though
My tiny mini meow boops my nose when I am sleeping, so we take day and night shifts to ensure all noses are booped. So far I have to pretend to be sleeping so he only boops my nose once

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160957 on: October 03, 2022, 09:00:18 am »

I keep a complete alphabet saved in a text document, along with some emojis.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160958 on: October 03, 2022, 09:12:48 am »

bolo
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:09:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160959 on: October 03, 2022, 12:11:45 pm »

A power outage somehow changed my BIOS settings so that my computer booted from an older hard drive that still has Windows 7 on it, and one I don't really know why I keep connected. Took me almost an hour to find the problem and fix, most of which was just waiting for Checkdisk to finish. It also set my system clock ahead 2 hours.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160960 on: October 06, 2022, 07:20:40 am »

"e"

An addendum:

I had to do a restart as part of installing the USB keyboard, and ever since then my computer has been clamoring repeatedly (incessantly even) for another restart. I left it alone for a couple hours today, and coming back to it I see that it's taken matters into its own hands and rebooted independently.

The kicker? My laptop's E key works fine now.

Motherfucker was a software issue. Not hardware. Somehow.

This post written normally, with the offending key acting like nothing ever happened.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160961 on: October 06, 2022, 07:26:41 am »

You've offended the machine spirits, and hopefully now youve been properly mystified.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160962 on: October 07, 2022, 03:52:43 am »

Did you make sure to make a sacrifice to the machine god to thank it for fixing your keyboard?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160963 on: October 07, 2022, 07:15:08 am »

Nah, the Omnissiah is a fickle bitch.

Which is probably why it's stopped working again. Ah well. Good thing I've got this extra keyboard now eh wot?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160964 on: October 07, 2022, 07:38:20 am »

you should build them a little arena and have them fight to death for your favor

let the new blood earn their position with violence
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 10729 10730 [10731] 10732 10733 ... 10974