Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10814 10815 [10816] 10817 10818 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996868 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162225 on: March 17, 2023, 04:22:37 pm »

I didn't recognize it and similarly googled it, and I don't think I've ever seen them before. Only thing they performed in I think I might have seen was the '98 godzilla movie.

Rest in peace, though. 60 ain't young, but it ain't particularly old, either.
You never saw any of the John Wick movies?
Last thing I remember him in was as Wesker in Netflix Resident Evil (aka, the only good part)

A real damn shame
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162226 on: March 17, 2023, 04:40:25 pm »

I think the first thing I remember encountering him in was actually Horizon Zero Dawn, ‘cause I thought his voice acting was excellent.

It’s an unfortunately recent thing also, since the only other thing I saw him in was, as TV said, one of the only good parts of the RE series, the other being Paola Nunez.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162227 on: March 17, 2023, 05:13:01 pm »

You never saw any of the John Wick movies?
I more or less stopped watching TV or movies somewhere around the early 00s, iirc, with extremely rare exception (almost always due to something someone else was watching, not due to actual inclination). It's been long enough I don't even remember exactly when it tapered off. 2014 would have been like a decade after that point, heh, so no, haven't seen the John Wick movies.

Only sorta' knew they existed... for some reason I think I thought they were video games of some sort.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #162228 on: March 17, 2023, 05:47:08 pm »

Sam Neil has a diagnosis of angioimmunoblastic T cell lymphoma.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162229 on: March 18, 2023, 01:14:40 pm »

Whenever you have trouble with dating people, without fail, assume you live in a garbage can and use old mayo as shower gel.  And the only thing that's getting in the way.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162230 on: March 18, 2023, 01:27:37 pm »

Whenever you have trouble with dating people, without fail, assume you live in a garbage can and use old mayo as shower gel.  And the only thing that's getting in the way.
Lol

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162231 on: March 18, 2023, 05:10:26 pm »

I tried Tiktok today. I was on my brothers phone, and he had Tiktok installed (no way I am downloading chinese spyware).

I think this is what blobfishes feel when they depressurise, because ÊÜĞH-
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #162232 on: March 18, 2023, 06:29:01 pm »

It's too late, your brother is now a chinese spy bot
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162233 on: March 18, 2023, 06:38:17 pm »

Last night, right as I was about to go to bed, I found a camel cricket(also known as cave or spider crickets) on my pillow. I threw my slipper at it, but I don't know if I killed it, it pretty much disappeared from view, and I haven't seen it since.

Last year, we had a pretty sizable infestation of these. I never went into the basement, but apparently there were a lot of them, plus plenty of encounters in the bathroom and kitchen. Oddly, almost never in my room. They're a bitch to kill and have tendency to leap at you aggressively when you try. I've been seeing mixed articles on whether or not they bite.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #162234 on: March 18, 2023, 07:28:45 pm »

I've only seen them try to jump away, not towards me on purpose. If one lands on me it bounces back away immediately. I doubt they have any notable bite.

Why kill them? They just look sorta creepy cute and make a loud cricket sound. But I think they only do that outdoors, in the grass.

At least, if it's the same critter. Googled cave cricket and it looked identical to the ones I've seen. I bet all crickets look sort of similar.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162235 on: March 18, 2023, 07:39:33 pm »

It's too late, your brother is now a chinese spy bot

Well, was good to know 'em!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162236 on: March 18, 2023, 08:06:32 pm »

I've only seen them try to jump away, not towards me on purpose. If one lands on me it bounces back away immediately. I doubt they have any notable bite.

Why kill them? They just look sorta creepy cute and make a loud cricket sound. But I think they only do that outdoors, in the grass.

At least, if it's the same critter. Googled cave cricket and it looked identical to the ones I've seen. I bet all crickets look sort of similar.

These ones don't chirp, they're also pretty big compared to the chirping ones I've seen. I have no idea why the jump towards me, as far as I can tell they're supposed to jump away from me. As for killing them, they are an invasive pest, capable of damaging fabric at least.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #162237 on: March 18, 2023, 09:34:01 pm »

Huh, guess the very loud chirping from the grass outside my door was from a different species than the little hoppers on my floor.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #162238 on: March 18, 2023, 11:19:40 pm »

I was wondering what those were! We had a few of them in our last apartment, nicknamed 'jumpy boys'. Seeing as they mostly just hung out in the bathroom, we left them alone. I did find one on the bed once, and apparently me turning on the light was enough to make it scramble to the bathroom again.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162239 on: March 19, 2023, 12:35:37 am »

They look like contorted grasshopper monsters bred by Sauron.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 10814 10815 [10816] 10817 10818 ... 10973