Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10825 10826 [10827] 10828 10829 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997244 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162390 on: March 31, 2023, 09:51:01 pm »

i'm kind of regretting not yet having started that anti-anxiety medication because whoooie is it feeling claustrophobic having work, a partner, needy pets, anxious family, and inclement weather to grapple with all at once

also, spending three hours a day on the phone with someone is just hard. it'll be better once i've moved and we won't need the phones any more, but hell, my personal time has kind of evaporated with as much as we chat and as much prep as I have to do for the move.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162391 on: March 31, 2023, 10:05:35 pm »

also, spending three hours a day on the phone with someone is just hard.
That... that would rapidly drive me to suicide, I think, or something similarly extreme. I start chafing if I'm on the phone for more than like 10 minutes, 3 hours a day repeatedly would drive me up several different kinds of walls. Hopefully that'll clear up on the quick for you, yikes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162392 on: April 01, 2023, 04:10:12 am »

That depends on the situation. For many moving out and setting up your place is just the begging of new phase where personal time becomes inexistent e.g. needy pets are nothing compared to kids.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #162393 on: April 03, 2023, 10:40:59 am »

New relationship, lots to talk about. Admittedly, three hours is a bit of an outlier and I definitely let my frayed nerves speak out of turn for me, but it will be better once I've moved, and I've enough wherewithal to take time out to indicate when I need to do introverting.

It's just... really busy right now and finding personal time is difficult.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #162394 on: April 03, 2023, 11:49:23 am »

New relationship, lots to talk about. Admittedly, three hours is a bit of an outlier and I definitely let my frayed nerves speak out of turn for me, but it will be better once I've moved, and I've enough wherewithal to take time out to indicate when I need to do introverting.

It's just... really busy right now and finding personal time is difficult.

I'm in a long distance "situationship" with someone right now, who has kids. I feel like I'm on the opposite side. I'd kill for 3 hours of her time. I barely get chats most days. I know she's got a lot of shit going on constantly, but that doesn't make it easier on my end. Your SO might be the same; they don't have anything to do but think about you, despite you not having all the time in the world to think about them.

Maybe try to compassionately assert you're overwhelmed and remind them you'll be living together soon, and you just need some you time.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #162395 on: April 06, 2023, 03:14:35 pm »

So with the Book Depository closing down, some of the stuff I've ordered, like gifts for friends got cancelled out of the blue. Left scrambling for an alternative way to get it I tried their affiliated site AbeBooks, and they do have stuff but they also charge shipping. For some reason tho, shipping a single hardcover book costs more if I'm doing it from the UK to Bosnia than it does US to Bosnia, and in both cases it more than doubles what I was paying for on Book Depository (which had free shipping to boot).

I guess that explains why they're shutting down I guess, but it's kinda fucked that doubling the distance halves the shipping cost for some reason :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162396 on: April 06, 2023, 03:56:54 pm »

In the UK the postal service is privately run and I think recently stopped sending things internationally (possibly temporarily) so they’re probably charging more than the publicly run USPS, that only needs to be able to cover the cost of sending the package rather than put money in shareholder pockets.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162397 on: April 06, 2023, 05:19:21 pm »

Holy crap a single 11% ABV beer is kicking my ass right now.  Maybe I'm on too empty of a stomach? Even though I'm having it with dinner.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162398 on: April 06, 2023, 05:33:57 pm »

Even 6% beer can do it to me.

Actually, Im very fond of hard kombucha, and thats like 4.5%

Markets closed tomorrow, so this is my friday lol
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #162399 on: April 06, 2023, 08:03:05 pm »

At 11% most beers start tasting more like booze to me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162400 on: April 07, 2023, 04:58:02 pm »

Idle curiosity got me to open some vacation shilling junkmail, shortly turned morbid curiosity as I looked through it. Bundle of loose papers, maybe 20-30 pages of the stuff, pictures, etc. Kinda' lazy shit on the face of it, basically

Thing that stood out more than that, though: There was one (1) asian couple shown. Every single other person in those pictures was white. Even the ones in crowded foreign locals. Between them all, probably 70-80 individual people were shown, from a rough eyeball, maybe up to a hundred. All but two were white, with all of one meaningful tan between the lot of 'em.

And I'm just like. Tell me you have problems without telling me you have problems, spam mail senders.
Ask not!
Ask!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #162401 on: April 08, 2023, 11:05:14 am »

Maybe they know from your metadata they bought along with your email address that you are white?
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162402 on: April 08, 2023, 12:12:03 pm »

This was snail mail (the, uh, loose papers bit mostly precludes email, incidentally), not even addressed to me personally :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162403 on: April 08, 2023, 12:42:54 pm »

Your computer doesn't print each email as they come in?  Weird, maybe a network issue
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162404 on: April 08, 2023, 02:30:25 pm »

Your computer doesn't print each email as they come in?

I think that's called a fax machine
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 10825 10826 [10827] 10828 10829 ... 10973