Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Mafia Board Attendance Rank System - Quarter 0  (Read 16336 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Board Attendance Rank System - Quarter 0
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2010, 11:46:11 pm »

*Meaningful glance at thread's title*
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2010, 12:05:40 am »

I see it -- but a person unfamiliar with the idea or history behind it may not, or may be insufficiently informed by the title alone. I think a (nonspoilered) paragraph prominently explaining what it is and is not, and what's its purpose would be beneficial...

...just a suggestion, 's all'm sayin'.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2010, 01:47:40 am »

Measuring attendance of mods or in fact awarding points or whatever for modding seems like a bad idea to me. This is a tool for modders to see if players are likely to flake or need prodding. Modding doesn't imply or guarantee either, so it should be ignored in the attendance ranks.

I think renaming the thread to just "Mafia Board Attendance Tracking" would help things out. The ranks can stay, obviously, I just don't want to scream to every potential noob "Hey, we're ranking you!" which may be a little off-putting. It's not a big deal, I just think every little thing at this point would help. Zathras's little paragraph would probably help more, for instance.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2010, 02:21:31 am »

I agree that "Mafia Board Attendance Tracking" may be a better title for the thread.
~z

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2010, 05:55:43 am »

I agree that "Mafia Board Attendance Tracking" may be a better title for the thread.
~z
I disagree with Attendance Tracking. It sounds more invasive than anything else. You should think more logically and try to simplify the name to something like Mafia Board Attendance if you're truly going to argue about the ill psychological effects of a thread title.

Plus, the name of the thread was already changed to reflect that the thread is for attendance only. Not only that, but that message is now FIRST LINE BOLDED in the first post. It would take some kind of MEGA MORON to misunderstand. I have a certain expectation on the intelligence of any person that visits these forums, and I should hope they know that Attendance Rank System would Rank their Attendance with some sort of System, click the link, read that first bolded line and reinforce their previously thought notion.

If you don't think that's enough, I shall be very sad for mankind.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2010, 06:55:31 pm »

Okay, so the first iteration of the NSBM-like is up, and as I stated in there I want it to have a special bonus to damaged ranks.

I was thinking that when people signed-up, they would state if they are playing for the rank boost. If they are, the mod would keep track of their activity, scum or town, and at the end of the game make a subjective yes or no.

If this is fine with you Web, what do you think the bonus should be? 1 rank? 2 ranks? Insta-'A' rank?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2010, 07:09:35 pm »

Okay, so the first iteration of the NSBM-like is up, and as I stated in there I want it to have a special bonus to damaged ranks.

I was thinking that when people signed-up, they would state if they are playing for the rank boost. If they are, the mod would keep track of their activity, scum or town, and at the end of the game make a subjective yes or no.

If this is fine with you Web, what do you think the bonus should be? 1 rank? 2 ranks? Insta-'A' rank?
When was this agreed on? Am I out of some sort of loop?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2010, 07:16:57 pm »

When was this agreed on? Am I out of some sort of loop?
Ooops, I guess it wasn't. I proposed it at the start of this thread but it doesn't seem to have been discussed.

I can drop that portion, its not really necessary, especially with quarterly periods.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2010, 08:10:17 pm »

This sounds like Boot Camp Mafia that ran a while back. Eduren, you might want to look that up to see how it was handled.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2010, 09:05:35 pm »

This sounds like Boot Camp Mafia that ran a while back. Eduren, you might want to look that up to see how it was handled.
Oh, I forgot about Boot Camp.

Edit: Hell, I played in Boot Camp. Man I have a bad memory.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 09:07:41 pm by Eduren »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2010, 12:26:57 am »

~z
I disagree with Attendance Tracking. It sounds more invasive than anything else. You should think more logically and try to simplify the name to something like Mafia Board Attendance if you're truly going to argue about the ill psychological effects of a thread title.

Plus, the name of the thread was already changed to reflect that the thread is for attendance only. Not only that, but that message is now FIRST LINE BOLDED in the first post. It would take some kind of MEGA MORON to misunderstand. I have a certain expectation on the intelligence of any person that visits these forums, and I should hope they know that Attendance Rank System would Rank their Attendance with some sort of System, click the link, read that first bolded line and reinforce their previously thought notion.

If you don't think that's enough, I shall be very sad for mankind.

It's not about misunderstanding what the thread is about. I just don't want to make it quite so obvious that every player gets ranked. I dunno, maybe other players don't find rankings to be so off putting and/or players that are worried about how their attendance is going to be ranked probably shouldn't be joining games in the first place. I'd still change the name to "Mafia Board Attendance", however. Occam's Razer and whatnot.

There still seems to be some confusion about the difference between activity and attendance. A lack of activity means you aren't posting often. A lack of attendance means you aren't posting at all. The former is called active lurking and the latter is just plain old regular lurking. The attedance system does NOT and SHOULD NOT track activity! Punishing poor activity is bad since active lurking is a legitimate strategy while lurking isn't. I guess that's why I'm against the S-ranks, by the way.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2010, 05:05:07 pm »

By my count, four games have ended recently and are not reflected in the tracking yet. JanusTwoface & GryphGlyph, I respectfully suggest you post here or PM wuba with a list of players, prods and replaces from Sorcerer's, AZD, QB & CybridII, so they can be added... or if not, please let it be known that you'd rather those games not be included, rather than let this thread languish.

Do we want a new tracking board, or not?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:07:26 pm by Zathras »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2010, 06:02:15 am »

Seriously. Mods, post your games. We want tracking!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2010, 08:57:39 am »

Beginner's Mafia XVII:

Perfect attendance:
Flintus10
Mindmaker
Ottofar
Azure Sepulchre
Murphy

Prodded and got replaced:
ragnarok97071: Requested replace due to not liking Mafia
Spade: Force replaced due to flaking

Replaced in:
Jetsquirrel
KaminaSquirtle (After he died same game)
NativeForeigner (Got one prod)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2010, 02:09:32 am »

This Post Intentionally Left Blank.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:29:42 pm by Zathras »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8