Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Game Over  (Read 25402 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rules: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=67732.0

Players:
Toonyman
Ottofar
Jokerman-EXE - DEAD
Toaster
Mr. Person
Zathras - DEAD
Azure Sepulchre

Days are 48 hours. Each player gets one extension per day of 12 hours. After the first 3 players are eliminated, extensions will increase to 24 hours. See the sign-ups thread for all other rules, as it may have changed since you last looked.

Anything in Italics is solely for flavour purposes, and the names assigned to each part are random (for the opener). After that, appropriate names will be chosen based on actions taken during the day (like the person delivering the first or last vote will be the person to get the "kill" for the lynch)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 05:55:48 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Day 1
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:30:30 am »

The Cybrids have made huge strides on Venus. The humans have struggled to hold on, and have offered little resistance to the relentless machine advance. A final battle results in the fall of the last human colony, and some scattered survivors have joined together in the wreck of an Imperial Starship that was wrecked during the battle, but still provides something resembling a functional life support system.

You have met up on the ship under various circumstances, and many of you are rightly suspicious of each other. In addition to the constant cybrid spies taking your defenses down from the inside, the conflict between rebels and Imperial loyalists still simmers as hot as ever. All three groups consider members of the other groups enemies, and enemies are not someone you can afford to have around when your life is on the line.

As you gather, muttered conversations begin, but not one of you even feels like mentioning how you came to be here, on this ship. And then something happens that, while not unexpected by many, sets those quiet suspicions flaring to life.

"Oh god!" says ToonyMan, stumbling backwards at the sight of the body, nearly doubling over and gagging. It's not a pretty image - the man had obviously been hit by one of the Cybrid's blink weapons. While there was no entrance wound, the opposit half of his body had exploded outwards, covering the walls.

Azure Sepulchre begins to mutter to himself, and starts casting suspicious glances at the others. Mr. Person and Toaster run into the room, a little bit late to the party but no less shocked.
"What the hell is going on here!?" yells Mr. Person at those standing around the room staring at the corpse. "What the hell just happened?"

Elegy looks at him with troubles eyes. "None of us saw it, unfortunately. We came running in when we heard the scream, to find this... murdered man." He runs fingers across his chest in the standard blessing for the dead.

Jokerman-EXE moves forward, slowly. "We should at least find out who he was." he explains, as he reaches into the mans pocket and pulls out a badge. "Howard Dethy", it says. "Imperial Officer, First class."'

Toaster steps forward. "Whoever he was, he's dead now. And we need to focus on the present. Has anyone seen anyone else on the ship?"

Azure Sepulchre looks away from the body and says "There's only once entrance to this section I could find, and I think I was the first one here."

Toaster responds. "And I was the last one. I saw noone pass me on my way in."

Jokerman-Exe perks up a bit. "Perhaps the ships computer is still operational. That would help us figure this out. Ship, are you active?"

"I A-M. I AM. ACTIV-*brrzzzzt*IVE."

"Well, then, tell us who killed this man!" Elegy yells at the walls.

"I AM. I. I AM So-RRY. MY Vi-*brrrzzzt*DEO capabilities ARE. CORR- CORR- CORRUPTED. BUT YOU. YOU. YOU ARE. Only. ONLY. THE ONLY. SEVEN. LIFE FORMS. Det-DET-det-DET-*brrzzzt*ECTED ON THE SHIP."

Each of you looks at the others. There were, in fact, only seven of you. Perhaps the computer was wrong, but it seemed like one of you had to be the killer.

"Computer?" says Mr. Person. "Can you completely seal off this section?"

"*brrzzzt* YES. IT IS DONE."

"Good idea." says Jokerman-Exe. "No one should be allowed to leave until we find out whats happened here, for better or worse, and eliminate this murderer."

ToonyMan finally picked himself up off the floor, looking pale. "Yeah, well? How do we know it wasn't you?"

Quickly, the room devolved into bickering, and the bickering quickly grew heated.

7 strangers, refugees, the last known remnants of human society on Venus, and one of them was a murder, a cybrid Trojan. And so quickly did they turn at each other, that the Trojan began to suspect that his work would be far easier than he had imagined possible.

It is now the dawn of day 1. 48 hours on the clock.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:25:22 pm by GlyphGryph »

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 11:34:56 am »

ToonyMan, why you tryin' to put the blame on me in the flavor? Got something to hide?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 12:01:21 pm »

Person, assuming you were a rebel, would you rather lynch a cybrid or an imperial the first day?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 12:55:25 pm »

Azure, would you rather be cybrid or a rebel?

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 01:18:57 pm »

Cybrid, easily. Working on your own against a disorganized, fundamentally split group just screams fun to me. But out of curiosity, why did you neglect to mention the Imperial's in your question?

Joker, why ask such an intristically pointless question that couldn't possibly give you much in terms of useful information? How dare you make a mockery of the sacred rite of the RVS!?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 01:27:54 pm »

ToonyMan, why you tryin' to put the blame on me in the flavor? Got something to hide?
It's flavor, the MOD themselves say it doesn't meant dooky.  Nothing to hide no.

Toaster, what would you do as a Cybrid?  Hypothetically of course?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 01:30:57 pm »

Systematically set the town against themselves while I destroyed them from the inside, of course.  Then I could munch on their tasty brains.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 01:42:43 pm »

Ottofar, why leave out imperial from that choice?
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

The Overseer

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 01:46:40 pm »

te te testing testing  8)

The Overseer

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 01:49:06 pm »

Oh bonkers, there's another Overseer.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 01:50:38 pm »

Is this a trick or are there really two of you?  Both those posts are from the same account.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 01:54:35 pm »

That means that there's a player able to take over the Overseer's intercom, I believe.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 02:12:57 pm »

Ottofar, why leave out imperial from that choice?

Rebels are minor scum and the Cybrid are major scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 03:18:39 pm »

Otto, if you could choose, which cybrid type would you like to be?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18