Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This game, that guy...  (Read 514 times)

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This game, that guy...
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:54:15 pm »

Hello there.

You know, I like doodling. When I doodle, I tend to draw characters from various media. Sometimes I strive for perfection. Sometimes I just let it flow. Perfection isn't a very fun thing to go for so I enjoy the free-form variants a whole lot more. Thing is, I can't really control when that'll work. Inspiration has always eluded me. Can't see it but sometimes I feel it. Sometimes it's just there and seeps out without my knowing and the result usually puts a smile on my face.

Ok, I may be rambling at this point.

This thread!
How about we post our creations here. Show and tell, if you will. There are no set standards. Stick-figures with big ol' heads, sad women in noir settings, fluffy kittens sitting on the moon... anything goes! As long as it's a character from some... let's say game. Yes, characters from games. That'll do. Tell a lil' story too if you feel like it. Share!

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This game, that guy...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 01:58:22 pm »

Doomguy.

Drawn from memory. The likeness is minimal, yes, this I know, but this is however the picture that my mind painted when I thought of that little HUD head in Doom 1/2.
A like to animate it in my mind. Looking left, right, forwards... frowning, looking shocked. All of that stuff! Doom's a wonderful game from the past that's left some serious imprints in my head. Fond memories, even.