Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Video Similar to "Did You Know" - Subject Matter: Anonymous.  (Read 1049 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
A Video Similar to "Did You Know" - Subject Matter: Anonymous.
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:03:17 am »

So, I've an assignment to create a visual argument (basically, an ad) for my ENG 105 class at ASU.

Something that immediately struck me as fun to do would be to imitate this video and have a video with random facts about Anonymous, tending towards the good. I also need some help.

I need:
  • The effects used on the text in this video to be identified.
  • I also need the name of a program that will allow me to make these effects, preferably full-featured and free.
  • In formation about what Anonymous (/b/) has done, preferably about events where Anonymous has stopped terrorists, murderers, nutters, and the like, as well as information on Anonymous activism (like Project Chanology) and its effects, positive or negative.

There's also some other information that I need, but I can get it myself easily. This is information I need help finding.

As a sort of incentive, I intend to post the video on YouTube once completed, and will give full and complete credit to all who aid me in this endeavor.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Video Similar to "Did You Know" - Subject Matter: Anonymous.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:40:35 am »

Rules 1 and 2 are against you on this.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 07:52:48 am »

Pffft, I disregard the rules.

Seriously, I need help on this.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 10:16:14 am »

How much drawing do you do? Or modeling? The two easy (kinda) ways to make text do that are to draw it, and then warp/move it as a layer in an animated picture (GIMP, a free program similar to Photoshop, can do this) or to texture the letters onto some animated panes in a 3D modeling program (my freebie recommendation here is Blender or Milk), which would probably be faster and more precise- but only if you've dabbled in 3D modeling/animating before or are willing to sit down for a few hours figuring out how to.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »

I do a fair bit of work with the GIMP and have both Autodesk Inventor 2011 (amazingly good at it) and 3DSMax 2011 (still learning). The two Autodesk products are student versions I got through my old high school.

Thanks for the help, tho, Sensei. Now I just need information to put into the fancy text.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 10:31:13 pm »

NSFW site, but this page is clean. http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Anonymous
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.