Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Badass bookkeeper  (Read 1153 times)

chaosprime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://lostsouls.org
Badass bookkeeper
« on: October 23, 2010, 05:03:16 pm »

After a forgotten beast utterly wiped out my last fortress, I wasn't happy to see one, a giant quadruped made of sandy loam, show up in this game.  I thought I had sealed off the cavern where it popped, but nope.  So it makes its way in and dwarves start wandering past it; it kills my legendary armorer, and I see my bookkeeper on her way.  I go to cancel the jobs that are bringing dwarves in this direction, and come back to find this:

My bookkeeper laughed at its attacks and one-shot decapitated it.  (I wonder if it helped that she was using a mining implement and the FB was made of sandy loam.)  I don't know if she is the baddest bookkeeper ever, but she sure is in my world.
Chaos
Lost Souls: text-based RPG
MUDseek: MUD search

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Badass bookkeeper
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 06:11:57 pm »

It probably helps that your bookkeeper appears to be a former miner.  What level is her mining skill? (mining skill doubles as the weapon skill used for picks.)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

chaosprime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://lostsouls.org
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 06:23:15 pm »

Ha, yes.  She's a legendary miner.  It all becomes clear now.
Chaos
Lost Souls: text-based RPG
MUDseek: MUD search

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 07:03:20 pm »

Ha, yes.  She's a legendary miner.  It all becomes clear now.

That was my thought.  I really wish that you could draft miners and have them use picks as weapons.  That would be a lot easier than having to train up people to use axes and hammers and such.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 11:17:49 pm »

I've been drafting miners, disable mining so they drop their pick, draft them, then assign specific weapon: steel pick on their uniform.  No bugs that way. I haven't played enough with it to tell if its super effective or not.

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:21:11 pm »

You guy's forget that his bookkeeper is also at least a third level monk that took the deflect arrows as her bonus feat. Unarm her for maximum effect.
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?