Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Will we defend the Toady?  (Read 37744 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Will we defend the Toady?
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2010, 05:11:26 pm »

On the subject of elitist. How elitist am I if I managed to get YASD (Yet Another Stupid Death) right before the exit on Nethack, ruining the only time I EVER came close to Ascending?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2010, 07:49:57 pm »

Out side of The Malazan Book of the Fallen this is the first time I have heard the word "ascend" used that way. Holy shit, is Steven Erickson a rogue-like game player?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2010, 08:02:12 pm »

possibly. Nethack has been in developement for 20 years or so (next update is 'when its done', though its perfectly fine now)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2010, 10:08:11 pm »

On the subject of elitist. How elitist am I if I managed to get YASD (Yet Another Stupid Death) right before the exit on Nethack, ruining the only time I EVER came close to Ascending?

Do tell.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2010, 11:39:38 pm »

It is really just a specific mall,where DF players are congregating, so as to drill a hole deep into the mantle, withdraw magma, and then kill elves Canadians with it.

Sir, I would like to point out that a large number of the people on the Bay12Chamions donation page are from Canada, in cases where a city, province/state, or country are mentioned.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2010, 07:43:57 am »

Clearly the answer is to magmify some small country/region that A) Nobody has internet in and B) Nobody cares enough about to ruin our trade relations with the Americas for their Dr Pepper shipments.

...does Luxembourg have internet?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2010, 12:10:22 pm »

So I don't really know where the thread went, read the first page then skipped to 14...

So I don't know if this is still on with the current topic, but...

DDoSing is stupid and causes more trouble than good. I've been part of a large Minecraft server that has it happen all the time and it's killer on servers.

I do not believe anyone has the right to behave that way. It's wrong. People play the game, because they like it. It takes time to program a game and even more time with you have to deal with attacks against your company. They're acting like a big bunch of greedy nobles.

I would defend both Toady and Notch. They have produced working on producing both exceptional quality games in spite of big game developers and make decent money. However Notch does make a whole lot more...

The whole learning curve to Dwarf Fortress is probably its best defense. There is no reason for anyone to want to attack Toady, because of it's a donation game. You can play for free and have all the content, but donating makes it just that much sweeter... to know you helped, even if it is just a little.

Minecraft has a VERY tiny learning curve and this allows any run of the mill 13 year old to do whatever he pleases. (See griefers) I help out in a creative server. http://cstminecraft.tk/ Which is presently not working for me... Been a part of them for 3-4 months now and enjoy everyone's company aside from the constant flow of griefers. However the ban hammer quickly resolves that issue. I also play on one of the really big Alpha (SMP) servers... http://godcraft.com/ who even though they are pay to get in, still under go a small flow of griefers. It angers me that people would do such things. Enough about MC though.

I've been a part of DF much longer than MC and would most definitely should the need rise assist Toady best I could (as far as I'm aware he lives maybe 15 minutes away from me?) Especially after having the chance to meet him, he really is a wonderful guy. I wish I had the chance to meet Notch when he was up in Bellevue or whatever. Is like a 2 hour drive to where he was at and didn't have the time... :C

Both people worth rescuing during the zombie apocalypse, however I would spend time rescuing DF community members (you guys all rock, even with the slight case of insanity dwarfanity) before I even thought about MC people.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2010, 03:16:26 pm »

Now that would be an interesting question.
Who would fare better during a zombie apocalypse, DF players or MC players?

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2010, 03:18:12 pm »

Well, they both use the same tactics: block off the enemy by surrounding them with blocks.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2010, 04:55:59 pm »

Yes, but the DF player would include a draw bridge, and a tunnel network for access to fluids, and a trade depo.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2010, 05:02:30 pm »

Yes, but the DF player would include a draw bridge, and a tunnel network for access to fluids, and a trade depo.
and a lever to use the bridge with
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2010, 05:03:18 pm »

And then use the draw bridge as a weapon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2010, 05:06:18 pm »

And then use the draw bridge as a weapon.
*SMASH!*
*chinkchinkchinkchink*
*SMASH!*
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

SolEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2010, 09:22:34 pm »

Dont forget the magma. Never forget the magma.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2010, 04:31:54 am »

Now that would be an interesting question.
Who would fare better during a zombie apocalypse, DF players or MC players?
MC players have zombies and skeletons. DF players routinely take on GODDAMN AMPHIBIOUS ZOMBIE WHALES. A run-of-the-mill zombie apocalypse would be a piece of cake.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16