Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Way too much estimated "created wealth"  (Read 667 times)

Nate879

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Way too much estimated "created wealth"
« on: January 21, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »

A few minutes after starting my game, right after I set up the basic workshops, the estimated "creates wealth" is 18900.  Almost all of that was in "architecture".  All I had done was build workshops and dig out rooms.  I did import a few different types of weird-colored rock, though.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don''t.<P>The ultimate fate of the universe.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Way too much estimated "created wealth"
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

I dont know, but I think that natural walls are counted as architecture.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:13:00 pm »

Probably you have HIDDENFUNSTUFF underground, that contributes some to your architecture. Don't go looking for it yet though  ;)

Nate879

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »

What is HIDDENFUNSTUFF?
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don''t.<P>The ultimate fate of the universe.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

Things hidden in the mountain. I don't want to spoil it for anyone casually glancing at this topic though, so you'll have to follow this link if you want to know more. Or go dig for it yourself!

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 05:53:00 pm »

In fear of spoilers, I don't want to read your link, but: is HIDDEN FUN STUFF something you know about at embark time, like aquifers, or do you have to accidentally find it?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »

HIDDEN FUN STUFF technically means underground rivers, underground magma, and adamantine.  Not aquifers.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 09:05:00 pm »

Och, you bastard.  You didn't have to go and do that to him!

At least that's not all the HFS.  I will inform you, however, that all HIDDEN_FUN_STUFF is highly dangerous and entertaining.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 09:24:00 pm »

Though, those three things are very well know and talked about HFS.  It's all the stuff that was standard in the 2D version.

Lord Licorice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

I didn't know adamantine et. al. was supposed to be HFS until reading that it was HFS here on the forums, since most 2D succession games I saw elsewhere always told players not to mine any adamantine to avoid the too-deep game over (which no longer happens, so I can talk about it freely, ha!).  Part of my interest in first learning the game was learning WHY adamantine was dangerous (again, the 2D version), and I ran into a lot of other HFS while I was reading the wiki and so forth.

I'd say going into the forums for any game is asking to have spoilers laid out plain for you; it's simply a risk you run on the internet at large, and the more narrow the topic, the more likely you are to be spoiled (like Harry Potter forums...)  Fortunately, despite everything I've said, the OP will still have no idea of the, uh, interesting things that can happen when you find glorious adamantine in this iteration of the game. Spoiler UBB Code tags would be nice, though.

Derp.