Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Re-installing Internet Explorer  (Read 6175 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re-installing Internet Explorer
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2010, 01:04:06 pm »

Anything thats exactly like IE6 is IE6.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 01:06:15 pm »

pretty much.
Or are you talking about something that looks like IE6 but has extra features like tabs? because thats different,and probably possible to make as a skin for something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 04:45:43 pm »

Reasons why I like IE6:
-Startup speed

I don't know if startup speed is better, but its performance in general, especially with scripting (i.e. most websites) is complete trash. This isn't a good reason.

-Interface simplicity and consistancy of appearance with the rest of Windows XP

How does Firefox, for example, not have "interface simplicity" or "consistency of appearance with the rest of Windows XP"? Even IE8 does 99.9% of the time, especially if you put the menu bar back on top (not sure how it is by default).

-When you launch a new process, it actually launches a new process

There's no good reason to need or want multiple processes of a modern browser open, unless it's a situation like Chrome where each tab is its own process. There's a lot of overhead having multiple instances of the same browser for no reason, and it doesn't help you avoid total crashes because 1) IE6 is going to be more prone to crashing in the first place, 2) modern browsers allow you to restore your session in the case of a crash anyway, and 3) at least in certain modern browsers like Firefox, a plugin crashing (which is the most common thing) won't even crash a tab, much less the browser instance.

-I do NOT seek out the kind of site that might try to exploit security flaws, so "better security" is far less of an improvement

You think people "seek out" those kinds of sites? They don't. Unless you stick to the same really tiny handful of sites and never venture anywhere else, you are at risk.

A lot of people have the audacity to think that they're somehow "above" people who get malware on the Internet. Nobody is. I work in IT and I know I'm not. You aren't special just because you have common sense enough not to go on obviously-screwed-up sites, and you're worse off due to the fact that your browser is insecure and antiquated.

Your reasons are few and petty and basically amount to excuses. You just plain don't want change, I think.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2010, 08:07:54 pm »

Obviously you have not used IE6 recently enough to argue against it. Of all the IEs, I like it the most, so I use it. Period. Furthermore, if someone else wants to, they have the right to use it, because as previously mentioned, it's the corperations that still use it that are holding the internet back, not the individuals. Argue all you like, but that will remain a fact.
Eh?
Eh!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2010, 08:15:03 pm »

Eventually, Microsoft will stop supporting it.
Then what?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2010, 08:19:40 pm »

Obviously you have not used IE6 recently enough to argue against it.

Yes, I have. I use IE6 every single time I install Windows XP onto a computer, which is often. Please don't make baseless accusations like that.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]