Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Should I just stop talking to this girl?  (Read 25215 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Should I just stop talking to this girl?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 10:46:59 am »

Fuck not having a webcam. Seriously.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There, that's him. I'm guessing fourteen, possibly fifteen.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 10:48:01 am »

As a bit of advice, whether it's a girl's period or not, you should never assume it is, ever, period (okay, terrible pun, sorry). You don't want to start getting into a habit of blaming anything a woman does as 'probably just on her period' instead of actually giving her credit as a living, breathing person who has her own feelings and issues. I imagine you really didn't know one way or the other, but there are people who act like that and it's terrible.

IIRC he's 13 but "young" is good enough for the thread's purposes.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 02:53:16 pm »

Well, to clarify, she was the one who proposed the library. I originally said somewhere like Starbucks and to just hang out and talk there.
the first thing women go to when a random man is acting odd is not, in fact "is their penis bothering them today" (even though I'm sure some men have some real problems with that)
God, that made me laugh. Thank you, sigged, though I did take into account what you said.

I was really sick yesterday, but I'm better today, so I probably didn't make the OP in the best state of mind.

She was all fine and dandy when she was talking to another guy, though! I don't know what's up with her, is what I'm trying to say.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 02:58:24 pm »

Sometimes the world just doesn't revolve around you.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 03:28:24 pm »

No. Just keep talking to her until she loves you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 03:29:27 pm »

But to entertain the possibility of the period conclusion: I can only really speak for myself here, but even on my worst days, I'm just in a whole lot of pain and discomfort and don't want to deal with anybody for a day or two. After that, everything goes back to normal.

For science: I tend to be in pretty much no pain, but I get really tired.  Often nervous and grumpy, too, for about 24 hours.  That, and I seem to sort of... shift status for a couple of days.  Forget to stop pretending to be submissive, or something.

She was all fine and dandy when she was talking to another guy, though!

Then I'm guessing she needs her space.  Most people really need a little time off after heavy-duty talking for two days straight, especially if they're trying to figure out how they feel about you.

The other thing is that you really don't want to be in a scenario where she's "agreeing" and "willing" to hang out with you.  Trust me, that's horrible.  So I'd make yourself a bit scarce, and wait for a bit until she wants to hang out.

Or, alternatively, you could actually talk to her.  I suggest not starting with "Sooooo, any orifices been leaking recently?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 03:34:10 pm »

maybe this can rectify some problems:

other than that, just calm down dude she'll be your friend still. my chick friend neighbor still talk to each other since high school but i dunno about visiting each other in our houses, that kinda creepy and sending out the desperate message (course thats how i feel but you ask for opinions). and don't blame everything on hormones (really her period? that like asking does getting punch in your balls feels good), maybe she needs a hug?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 03:40:52 pm »

But to entertain the possibility of the period conclusion: I can only really speak for myself here, but even on my worst days, I'm just in a whole lot of pain and discomfort and don't want to deal with anybody for a day or two. After that, everything goes back to normal.

For science: I tend to be in pretty much no pain, but I get really tired.  Often nervous and grumpy, too, for about 24 hours.  That, and I seem to sort of... shift status for a couple of days.  Forget to stop pretending to be submissive, or something.

The other thing is that you really don't want to be in a scenario where she's "agreeing" and "willing" to hang out with you.  Trust me, that's horrible.  So I'd make yourself a bit scarce, and wait for a bit until she wants to hang out.
Well, you put it in quotation marks, so what do you mean? I didn't really catch what you meant there.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 03:45:59 pm »

What I mean is that if she's only willing to hang out with you, rather than wanting to (in general), it means that your relationship is unequal: she's doing you a favor, and that sort of relationship tends to be unstable.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 03:47:54 pm »

What I mean is that if she's only willing to hang out with you, rather than wanting to (in general), it means that your relationship is unequal: she's doing you a favor, and that sort of relationship tends to be unstable.
so you are saying she pities him?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 03:48:44 pm »

What you need to do is give her a favor in return. Uphold the balance of the cosmos.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 03:50:29 pm »

so you are saying she pities him?

Not necessarily.  Maybe she just thinks she's building up karma, or something--she's doing what he wants now, so she can ask him for help in a time of trouble later.  But in any case, a long-term thing of any sort where she's doing all the giving and he's doing all the taking will be problematic.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 03:54:40 pm »

I'd say let her be for the next couple of days. Make conversation very short, keep to just a warm hello, then scadiddle. She'll come to you when she wants. You've obviously let her know you like her, now cool it or she'll slip through your fingers. Don't press it.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 04:02:05 pm »

It's not all implausible. I dated a girl for 4 years. A week before her period and during her period, she'd be reaaaaallly cranky and hate me for no reason. And then apologize profusely for her behavior later on. I broke up with her eventually, because I can't stand to be around a girl who's a complete bitch for two weeks a month.

It is possible.

Most of my point, however, is that the first thing women go to when a random man is acting odd is not, in fact "is their penis bothering them today" (even though I'm sure some men have some real problems with that), so my hope would be that he'd learn to accord this girl a bit more respect until proven incorrect.
This must've been the problem. She was thinking that your penis was bothering you.
what

Can't really give any help, though. If she acts like she doesn't like you, she might not like you. I'd say get to know her but most people here think friendship territory is bad.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 04:06:02 pm »

Well, to clarify, she was the one who proposed the library. I originally said somewhere like Starbucks and to just hang out and talk there.

This is her picking somewhere more impersonal because she doesn't want to lead you on into thinking it is personal.

This is her talking more casually to other people than you because she's uncomfortable around you (because you're making her uncomfortable). That you couldn't recognize that right away is a problem on your end.

I don't know what's up with her, is what I'm trying to say.

Yeah, that was pretty clear already. Go with what Tylui said man, just chill.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6