Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Should I just stop talking to this girl?  (Read 25193 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Should I just stop talking to this girl?
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2010, 09:03:06 pm »

Show her this thread.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2010, 12:37:33 am »

There's two quotes I want from this thread. Not sure which I'll take, but both made me audibly laugh.

Dude, my grandma is bipolar. Like, actually diagnosed. She's crazy as fuck.

Is so-and-so diagnosed or internet diagnosed? Kids these days have a tendency to go around saying they have OCD and shit when they don't. She might just be... you know, a teenage girl? Its perfectly normal for a thirteen year old boy to not understand a girl. No men understand women.

I don't really have a solution to your problem though. I don't really see a problem. I mean, if you want to date a bipolar girl with a dad who likely owns numerous firearms, more power to ya.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2010, 12:41:51 am »

I'm 90% sure she's diagnosed-diagnosed, but now that you mention it she might either A) be self-diagnosed or B) just have it very minorly. I've only seen her get manic angry once and that was at someone else, so there you go.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2010, 12:43:02 am »

Or she could be on medication...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2010, 12:44:35 am »

I didn't know there was medication that treated Bi-Polar Disorder?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2010, 12:46:48 am »

. . .

To the internet research-mobile with you, doodabuddy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2010, 12:54:01 am »

I typed up a post I thought was funny and it didn't go through :( I'm not going to attempt to re write it
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2010, 08:35:10 am »

There's medication for pretty much every known mental disorder. The effectiveness of these treatments vary, but there's somthing to be done for them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2010, 12:40:38 pm »

There's medication for pretty much every known mental disorder. The effectiveness of these treatments vary, but there's somthing to be done for them.

Yeah.  Bipolar disorder is one of the better-documented disorders, since it's a mood disorder.  There's an array of medications often used to treat it; originally just lithium, now moving into drugs like Abilify and so on.

It doesn't fix the problem (pretty much all of the drugs have a lot of nasty side effects), but it does damp down on the extreme moodswings and keep the person in question from doing really stupid shit.

That's what I've heard and read, anyway.  A bunch of people thought I was bipolar, but then it turned out I was just low on omega-three fatty acids on top of a normally cranky personality and situational stuff ^_^;;

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2010, 01:18:57 pm »

I think the solution to this thread is to stop trying to teach the kid new things.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2010, 03:47:13 pm »

Hey man, whatever works.

The best advice I think I can give, x2, is for you make a decision and act on it. Things will happen for better or for worse, you'll learn from those things, do better next time and so on. It's called life. I haven't experienced it myself, but eventually I hope to get the 'learning' part down.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2010, 01:28:59 am »

Almost got in a girl's pants. Damn close.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2010, 01:44:53 am »

Almost got in a girl's pants. Damn close.
To be fair, in hindsight she probably has an STD or likewise, considering how ready she is to, eh, you know. So thank god I didn't do that.

e; Welp, might as well lock this unless I have reason to open it up again. Hoot.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2010, 09:28:53 pm »

Well, might as well provide some closure.

I talked to her today, asked her if she wanted to come over to see my brother's new puppy. She just looked at me like I was crazy and slowly shook her head. I'm done chasing her, so that's that. I'm done.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]