Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Modding LCS, little problem  (Read 2212 times)

Oscuro1987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] Modding LCS, little problem
« on: October 27, 2010, 02:23:21 pm »

Hi !
First thanks for this awesome game, this is way better than most recent attempt at political crime games lol.
I recently downloaded the sources from the SVN, I tried to mod things here and there, though when I try to build those modded sources, it gives me the following error message, for each file to build :
"1>g:\users\oscuro1987\desktop\lcs-dev\trunk\src\cmarkup/Markup.h(169) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afx.h': No such file or directory"

Tool used : Microsoft visual C++ 2010 Express. I know there is a problem including afx.h with express editions, but did anyone of you find a wayaround to this ?

Thanks in advance !

CORRECTION : I mistaken, I use visual studio 2008 express not 2010 express.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:40:47 pm by Oscuro1987 »

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding LCS, little problem
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:36:46 am »

You could try defining MARKUP_STL.

Oscuro1987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:50:00 pm »

It seems it has already been done, the problem is that there is no AFH.H in the express version of visualC++

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 05:29:04 pm »

Are you sure? Looking at the code, it shouldn't try to include afx.h if MARKUP_STL is defined.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 01:56:21 pm »

I wish I could help here, but since the markup stuff was added since the last time I touched the code, the only advice I can give is that if nothing else works, you could go back and check out an earlier revision; for example, revision 396 is 4.01.4, and I don't think Markup.h was in it at all. I would only do this if you can't get it to work -- you'll be missing all of the changes that have been made since the last major release.

Oscuro1987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 02:30:13 pm »

aww.. Well this is a very good idea but as you said I won't have your updates :s.
But I'll try anyway, and eventually fix my problem with cmarkup thing !
Thanks ! :)

EDIT : or i could try to reproduce the updates you made, but I don't dare.. I don't have your skill lol
EDIT 2 : indeed, the latest 4.02b wasn't compilable with my tools (because of afx.h), 'cause express versions of visual c++ doesn't have that :s. I reverted to 396 as you said now it works, thanks !! :))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:41:48 pm by Oscuro1987 »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: [RESOLVED] Modding LCS, little problem
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 10:27:16 am »

Oh, they weren't my updates, or I probably could have offered a better solution. :) I don't know what the purpose of all the most recent changes were, since I haven't worked on the game in awhile. It's just that if someone took the time to make them, I hate to suggest sidestepping them except as a last resort.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RESOLVED] Modding LCS, little problem
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 04:15:58 pm »

Version 4.02 was before I added CMarkup to LCS and CMarkup is the only part that uses afx.h (if MARKUP_STL is not defined) so you shouldn't have had a problem with 4.02.

Did you try compiling with parameter /DMARKUP_STL ?