Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That went poorly for the necromancer  (Read 3114 times)

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
That went poorly for the necromancer
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:26:24 pm »

A dwarf necromancer had attacked my fort along with a small group of his elf zombies.

My defenders had cut a few of them down when the necromancer advanced to raise some of his fallen minions.

The necromancer was promptly slain by his elf left hand, elf right hand, and elf neck.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: That went poorly for the necromancer
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:46:20 pm »

I wish that "I badly draw your reports!" thread was still around.  This would be so funny.  I can't draw, or I'd do it myself.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:49:36 pm »

I wish that "I badly draw your reports!" thread was still around.  This would be so funny.  I can't draw, or I'd do it myself.
+1

Although Im not a fan of necks yet.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 07:42:53 pm »

I think the "necks" are actually heads and the dismemberment function is just being a bit quirky.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 08:05:33 pm »

I think the "necks" are actually heads and the dismemberment function is just being a bit quirky.
The upper body is the root part.

In DF, if you chop off a hand, it is not called "finger". If you sever an arm at the shoulder, it is called "<victim's> <right/left> upper arm", and is not named "hand". The head is mounted on the end of the neck-tentacle, so severing the part at the neck names the severed part after the bit closer to the root.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 05:10:28 am »

A biting elf neck... And I thought I'd seen everything
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

quarague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 05:27:51 am »

While this is hilarious it still seems like a bug if a necromancer and his raised minions are not in the same party and start fighting each other. Did you report it?
More importantly, ... , making the project pointlessly difficult and requiring greatly overcomplicated means to set up  ...
from Sphalerite