Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 165826 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 07:49:18 am »

I'ma put my email in for the beta. I'm presuming this is the beta for English translation.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 09:31:32 am »

Put my e-mail in too, this looks really nice... I can't really tell from the screen shots but I'm assuming this is tick or turn based (havn't seen anything that declares it's either of those or real-time so... maybe I'm just blind :P )

When the english version is done we totally have to set up a Bay 12 village. Would love to see how our play styles change from the first time we play where we're mostly running around like chickens with our heads cut off picking up anything that isn't glued to the ground to some actually organized dwarvish contraption that repairs barricades and passes out ammo :P

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 01:36:35 pm »

The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.
Oh man, I lawled.

Looks like a cool game. Looking forward to English version. Although a name like "Die2nite" causes me to rage.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 01:39:51 pm »

Huh. This kind of fits an idea I had for a Zombie survival MMO. Cool.

I'll probably try it out once it has an English version.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 01:53:08 pm »

Sounds awesome but I don't want to put my email in, so just posting to watch.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 02:21:13 pm »

It looks like we probably won't be able to get a whole town to ourselves, perhaps a bay12 faction within a town?  And if we can get a private village with less than 40 people, I suggest we pull suicide shenanigans to get hero mode for the whole group since the screenshots imply most jobs are restricted to heroes.  Unless, of course, it's a temporary thing.  Hrm....
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 02:28:46 pm »

Om nom nom brains

Seems interesting

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 02:30:05 pm »

, I suggest we pull suicide shenanigans to get hero mode for the whole group
An Hero?

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 02:35:13 pm »

Put my e-mail in too, this looks really nice... I can't really tell from the screen shots but I'm assuming this is tick or turn based (havn't seen anything that declares it's either of those or real-time so... maybe I'm just blind :P )

When the english version is done we totally have to set up a Bay 12 village. Would love to see how our play styles change from the first time we play where we're mostly running around like chickens with our heads cut off picking up anything that isn't glued to the ground to some actually organized dwarvish contraption that repairs barricades and passes out ammo :P

Not really sure if i translated it right, but you may choose your village only as a hero. You get 6AP every day, this number can be increased by pills that make you addicted to the point you die in pain and through drinking water and eating food
(i guess to make rations a vital component for everybody). Also you have to return to village before dusk or else you stay locked out till dusk and have to take care of yourself in the desert somehow.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 02:45:15 pm »

Hero? Is this some premium thing? Please no.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 02:48:29 pm »

They have to make money somehow.
Shoes...

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 02:52:34 pm »

Bit from column A and bit from column B. Sure you can spend an indeterminate amount of money to buy temp hero status, but you get the same status I think from simply being the last survivor in a village. Not sure what all heros get to do, but for sure they get to pick their villages apparently (grr! That's a pain in the behind actually) and they also get a nifty power or something. Like on guy can sneak past zombies and another counts as two people for combat calculations (at least against zombies). Dunno what the third profession was... but it doesn't look to be as big a deal as it is for other browser games (especially since this browser game is actually cooperative, so more heroes should mean longer games, unless they're Lawful Stupid or something)

Disclaimer: All this is off of the french review in the first post after a having google horrible mangle it into a form of english

over all it seems 'meh' to me. IF you don't want to spend money then you'll just have to learn to be the last survivor I suppose. Like Cthulhu said they gotta make money somehow :P

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 02:55:35 pm »

Hero? Is this some premium thing? Please no.

You become a hero for some time if you manage to survive as the last man from village and yes you can buy that status. A hero has biger inventory and can perform one hero task per day- scavenge something important, kill one zombie with his bare hands, move (i guess back to village) an endangered character. They claim its not a destabilizing feature since other characters can only gain from their presence and heroes are usually welcome in every village.

Oscuro1987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 03:27:57 pm »

Ouais je connais ce jeu il est bien mais j'ai dû arrêter lol. J'devrais m'y remettre en fait :)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 03:31:12 pm »

Ouais je connais ce jeu il est bien mais j'ai dû arrêter lol. J'devrais m'y remettre en fait :)

???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 127