Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 165823 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1860 on: January 30, 2011, 12:43:35 am »

getting 100 points does not mean you live longer, it just means the griefers and noobs are more skillful and griefing and being nooby, which counters the skilled players.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: January 30, 2011, 01:51:47 am »

That's odd, since I was sure Disturbed Plaine made it to day 26 first.

We did. That's rather odd indeed.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 05, 2011, 01:39:46 pm »

What? How do you get defense that high?

Also, is there a limit to how much you can build? If everyone was in sync could they build everything the game had to build?

stoney834

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 05, 2011, 02:01:10 pm »

What? How do you get defense that high?

Also, is there a limit to how much you can build? If everyone was in sync could they build everything the game had to build?

There is a limit, it took the wooden theatre of on high about 21 days to build every building except useless ones like the catapult and I think the drilling rig.  After that we had to build all the temp defences each day and scavenge for more defensive items.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: February 05, 2011, 03:35:23 pm »

Defense items and a fully upgraded Defensive Focus are key. Ideally you'd have scavengers bringing in 10+ def items a day.

All of the really successful towns had fully upgraded Search Tower, Defensive Focus, and Upgradable Wall. Which other items got upgraded (Watchtower, Pump, etc) really depended on the town and it's specific situation.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 23, 2011, 05:49:27 pm »

Damn...this game is evil sometimes.

Day 24 attack: 3625 and 3878 zombies

Day 25 attack: Predicted between 4550 and 6550 zombies

The Min on that is higher than most towns get at day 27 or 28. It's ridiculous.
Come play Mafia with us!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: February 24, 2011, 04:06:57 am »

It would be interesting to see how far a group of 30+ scavengers, the rest being either scout or guardians in a kill team, who got lucky with their special sites (ie water type and defensive item types) could get. Seems that the end days scale up pretty fast though.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Chrissy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 24, 2011, 05:45:23 am »

How come some of your towns don't show up on the Die2Nite site leaderboards??

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 27, 2011, 07:10:12 am »

Wooden Theatre was counted as Season 0, before the actual rankings started.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 16, 2011, 06:04:05 pm »

Been playing this a lot with a few friends. It's a pretty cool game..my only problem with it is that if anyone holds anything that has any use at all in their chest people start to freak out about how it is needed for the town.

I really love the strategy and the cooperation needed to survive though. Pretty cool game.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: September 15, 2011, 04:36:36 pm »

Anyone still playing this?

I've still got about 23 hero days to use up, and I'd rather play with people I can trust not to be idiots. The last random town I joined failed hard.
Come play Mafia with us!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: September 15, 2011, 06:16:22 pm »

Anyone still playing this?

I've still got about 23 hero days to use up, and I'd rather play with people I can trust not to be idiots. The last random town I joined failed hard.
Sometimes. Not very often though.
People are too stupid, and I don't feel like playing long enough to get to the higher Soul towns.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: September 15, 2011, 06:22:15 pm »

I was part of an awesome mega-coalition, but I missed the last town jump they did due to work. :(
Come play Mafia with us!

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: September 25, 2011, 06:28:27 am »

Is there a coalition for Bay12?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: September 26, 2011, 01:07:40 am »

Just started playing this, found it through Mini Troopers link. I think this game would be quite awesome with a good coalition, where everyone coordinated in real time via IRC or something. Could easily work together on a lot of stuff, coordinate who goes where at the start, instead of everyone running off to the nearest spot.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127