Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 166616 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1875 on: September 26, 2011, 01:35:17 am »

We managed to pull that off a few times, IRC and everything. It worked very well, though we had a tendency to get shafted on maps.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1876 on: September 26, 2011, 08:30:48 am »

I'd be up for a new B12 run.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 26, 2011, 08:33:37 am »

Season 3.  I've played a single round, it has changed a heck of alot and yea, there are big maps.  Big enough that the game has to resize its map.

It seems to be alot harder now, considering you gotta rely on the RNG to open up buildings...  Basically our old plans are useless in this new season...  Its more of a lets wing it with what we got type of game now.

Premades are maxed at 20 players now.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1878 on: September 26, 2011, 08:49:56 am »

Specifically you can only have 20 townspeople who join as a coalition OR choose the town from the menu. The other 20 must be randomly placed in the town.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 26, 2011, 09:20:25 am »

Specifically you can only have 20 townspeople who join as a coalition OR choose the town from the menu. The other 20 must be randomly placed in the town.

Which usually means you're 20 competent players fighting a losing battle against the stupidity of 20 others... ::)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 26, 2011, 10:56:35 am »

So they've just increase the amount of randomness in the game?

:/ the fact it was always just random how long you could last because of the water and defensive item buildings was the reason I stopped playing.
Have a load of premium days left too.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1881 on: September 26, 2011, 11:01:49 am »

So they've just increase the amount of randomness in the game?

:/ the fact it was always just random how long you could last because of the water and defensive item buildings was the reason I stopped playing.
Have a load of premium days left too.
That is part of the game... Skill and cooperation play a large part in how well you deal with the random shit that is thrown at you.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 26, 2011, 11:15:21 am »

That is part of the game... Skill and cooperation play a large part in how well you deal with the random shit that is thrown at you.

It's not part of the game. The skill and cooperation is the randomness is not, it's just randomness.
After you organise there is nothing you can do to effect the long term survival further than the randomness allows, your input to the game means nothing after this stage.
You end up knowing after the first few days approximately how long you can last and that is just dull.

[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 26, 2011, 11:16:43 am »

Yeah. I was part of a really good coalition in seasons 1 and 2. It was a bit frustrating, since we'd do everything right and then get buried by the game throwing record numbers of zombies at us while other towns skated by with half the attack numbers. Still, we were proud of how we'll we'd done and had a lot of fun.

I'd be up for trying a bay 12 group. At least with 20 decent people you can sort of convince the idiots to go along with you. A few will always screw things up, but most of them die early.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 26, 2011, 11:17:18 am »

It's not part of the game. The skill and cooperation is the randomness is not, it's just randomness.
After you organise there is nothing you can do to effect the long term survival further than the randomness allows, your input to the game means nothing after this stage.
You end up knowing after the first few days approximately how long you can last and that is just dull.

Yep some games are like that... where once you know how the game actually works they become dull...

Advanced Wars for example.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 26, 2011, 11:18:28 am »

Yep some games are like that... where once you know how the game actually works they become dull...

Advanced Wars for example.

True,

It's just a shame because I enjoyed this game and felt it had potential.
And I'm still hoping it will improve, if only to use up my premium days.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 26, 2011, 11:31:55 am »

My ingame nickname is Leatra (y'know, like this one). If you guys are in a coalition send me an invite.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1887 on: September 26, 2011, 12:24:11 pm »

I'm guessing you don't like roguelikes either. They're largely dependent on random events and how you deal with them. I can see your line of reasoning up to a certain point, but players who know what they are doing can deal with random events better than people who are disorganized or new to the game.

The entire premise of the game is that you're going to die anyway, so make the best of it and have fun.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 26, 2011, 05:16:19 pm »

I figure the only really bad part with Season 3 is that you gotta rely on RNG to survive the night when camping.   
90%10% chance of dying if you stack the defenses.  I'd rate it as the least fun way to die, other then glaring bugs...  Since you know... its not really preventable and camping is required to get blueprints to unlock buildings.

EDIT: Inverted the values.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:20:03 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 27, 2011, 05:13:39 am »

I'm guessing you don't like roguelikes either. They're largely dependent on random events and how you deal with them. I can see your line of reasoning up to a certain point, but players who know what they are doing can deal with random events better than people who are disorganized or new to the game.

The entire premise of the game is that you're going to die anyway, so make the best of it and have fun.

I love roguelikes, but your missing the point. Roguelikes generate random content an events and who you deal with them effects your long term survival.
Die2Nite the random events dictate how long you'll last and nothing you can do effects that.

In the first case there is game play, in the second it's just a dice roll.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127