Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127]

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 165847 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1890 on: September 27, 2011, 08:44:23 am »

I'm guessing you don't like roguelikes either. They're largely dependent on random events and how you deal with them. I can see your line of reasoning up to a certain point, but players who know what they are doing can deal with random events better than people who are disorganized or new to the game.

The entire premise of the game is that you're going to die anyway, so make the best of it and have fun.

I love roguelikes, but your missing the point. Roguelikes generate random content an events and who you deal with them effects your long term survival.
Die2Nite the random events dictate how long you'll last and nothing you can do effects that.

In the first case there is game play, in the second it's just a dice roll.
Well then... don't play it and stop posting in the thread about it I guess? Why are you here if you hate it?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: September 27, 2011, 09:01:30 am »

If you read what I wrote earlier you'd have seen I used to like it. I'm mostly just watching for changes and hoping it returns to something more enjoyable.

The more recent posts where just to explain my dislike of pointless randomness. Besides hate is too strong a term, disappointed with how it's evolved is more accurate :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1892 on: September 27, 2011, 09:21:13 am »

Alright.

Anyway, does anyone want to do a new town soon?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: September 27, 2011, 10:11:30 am »

I recommend everyone at least run a town or 2 before we do the coalition.  Cause it is very different from season 1/2...

Considering how our older megatowns were run/coordinated by people with a few towns experience. 
Granted, its nice having puppetspeople who do whatever you say, they should at least have a general idea of what they are doing.  Plus, coordinators/opinionators need to at least have an idea.  (3-6 coordinators and as many people as possible giving input.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1894 on: September 27, 2011, 10:16:21 am »

Yeah. I've done a few dry runs in this season already. I like some of the changes, I'll admit. I also dislike some, but it's still a fun and playable game.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: September 27, 2011, 11:21:12 am »

Hmm. Actually, I should probably hold off on joining a new game until Oct. 11th. I'm going to be out of town for a few days the weekend before, with no way to get internet. No point in joining a town just to die of dehydration partway into it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: September 27, 2011, 12:29:02 pm »

Hmm. Actually, I should probably hold off on joining a new game until Oct. 11th. I'm going to be out of town for a few days the weekend before, with no way to get internet. No point in joining a town just to die of dehydration partway into it.

These days, most people are hard-pressed to have town last 15 days so you might be good if you start soon

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 27, 2011, 12:32:38 pm »

Well, in that case if people want to start up a town I'm up for it. I've still got quite a few hero days, so I can start a coalition if we need one.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 27, 2011, 01:30:08 pm »

10 people in the town I play at just died because of dehydration...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 12, 2011, 06:15:09 pm »

So, for some reason, I just found this thread. I've been playing for a little bit under the same name I have here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: October 20, 2011, 11:14:22 am »

This is what people discuss at the town forum if you land on a shitty town.

It's not that bad though. A guy called mrbanishment told us that if we don't shun him he will do some damage. We shunned him right away after his threat and he just cost us around 4 APs to open the door he kept closing. Crisis averted!
I wish every bad player was kind enough to warn us like that.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127]