Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mail-order brides  (Read 682 times)

jmrt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mail-order brides
« on: October 07, 2006, 08:31:00 am »

(Well, in that case it was a mail-order groom, but the title was more catchy ths way   ;) )

In the year of 1060, the Count Consort of Zonkidet failed victim to an insidious assassination plot by a Communist mole.

(I kid you not -- a giant mole made it past my lines of traps, popped from ambush right next to my Count Consort in his bedroom and slaughtered the poor bugger on the spot. It then made for my Countess, but I was able to get one of my champions there first.)

And guess what happened next spring ?

Right: a new Count Consort arrived. So it seems a noble can order a new husband from the mountain homes whenever she feels lonely.

That guy won't be hard to please, since his predecessor's appartments are still there. Except of course for the mausoleum -- gonna ruin the symmetry of my catacombs' arrangement.

... by the way, is there any way to know which squares of an engraved wall are masterpieces ?

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mail-order brides
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 11:11:00 am »

here i thought this was another spam bot topic for me to be an arse in.

but yeah, if a noble dies, they send a replacement with the next wave of immigrants it seems.

i wonder if this works for the king, too...

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 07:50:00 pm »

Heh and your champion listened to you in a timely manner?  Pretty cool =)

Zomg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 08:13:00 pm »

My Baron ordered a new, same-gender consort after his steel-mandating female spouse had an unfortunate accident. It turns out he likes snails for their turgidness and oysters for their valves.

Wahnsinniger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 12:23:00 am »

Just be happy the Countess herself didn't die. Then you would have gotten a new Countess AND a nes Count Consort. Really makes for a lot of useless nobles hanging around.