- 5 (31.3%)
 Tidalis and  Puzzle Quest Galactrix  
- 1 (6.3%)
 Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 01, 2010, 09:34:50 pm

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Virtual $25 burning a virtual hole in my virtual pocket  (Read 4615 times)

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual $25 burning a virtual hole in my virtual pocket
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 06:01:19 pm »

I say spend it on some virtual flame-retardant pants so you don't get into this predicament again in the future  :P

Don't own either of the Eschalon games myself, but I do like the premise behind them. I'd say go for that if you already have the first one, good games just never bought it for some reason haha.

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual $25 burning a virtual hole in my virtual pocket
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 08:42:20 pm »

I bought the first Eschalon on a whim, and enjoyed it enough to go for the second when it came out.  If you like old school, turn based grand adventuring you'll like these.  Story's a bit stock, but enjoyable enough, and there's plenty of different ways you can play the game.  The leveling/skills system is one of the best parts, and each character felt pretty distinct to me.  The art was good in the first, and even better in the second (wandering through a forest, at midnight, in the pouring rain while trying to keep a torch light so I can see where I'm going is pretty cool.)  For some reason, forests seem to slow down the game engine in both versions, otherwise it's pretty solid.

I haven't finished BII yet, but the first had at least two endings and enough hidden things and easter eggs to get a couple replays out of.  Well worth the money, imho.
Fefeshnelmargalip
Pages: 1 [2]