Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Most Anticlimatic Battles Ever  (Read 50402 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Most Anticlimatic Battles Ever
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 03:13:03 pm »

I wanted to make a epic battle between a Dwarf and a Goblin in Object testing mode. So I spawned both with good skillz and weapons, only to discover that, instead of a dwarf, I had spawn a Demon. There was no fight.

How
the
hell
did
you
do
that
TELL US

Object
Testing
ARENA
You
normally
can't
spawn
DEMONS

YOU
CAN'T?
LOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER THE GATES!!

HELL
NO!
WE
WANT
TO
TALK
THIS!

IT'S A REFERENCE DAMMIT!!
KEEP TALKIN'!!
KEEP BUILDIN' THA PYRAMID!!

OK

:D
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 03:15:01 pm »

One FB was a blob of steam, and the first warrior at the scene arrived alone and whacked him once, into a piece of tissue that fell into the water. That was a Legendary AxeLord who came in with the Queen, and I'd never seen him in action before. Somehow I don't feel like I got a good demonstration of his skills.

Harudoku

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼«☼Dwarf Fortress☼»☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 03:19:00 pm »

I feel as if I should break the pyramid.

'Nuff said!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 03:19:38 pm »

One FB was a blob of steam, and the first warrior at the scene arrived alone and whacked him once, into a piece of tissue that fell into the water. That was a Legendary AxeLord who came in with the Queen, and I'd never seen him in action before. Somehow I don't feel like I got a good demonstration of his skills.

YOU
ARE
NOT
TALKING
THIS!
YOU
ARE
BANNED
FROM
THIS
THREAD
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

iron_general

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 03:37:51 pm »

A mrks dwarf killed a steam clown with one strike,
 of his Leather shield

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2010, 03:56:45 pm »

Fascinating.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2010, 04:02:44 pm »

I wanted to make a epic battle between a Dwarf and a Goblin in Object testing mode. So I spawned both with good skillz and weapons, only to discover that, instead of a dwarf, I had spawn a Demon. There was no fight.

How
the
hell
did
you
do
that
TELL US

Object
Testing
ARENA
You
normally
can't
spawn
DEMONS

YOU
CAN'T?

HELL
NO!
WE
WANT
TO
TALK
THIS!

KEEP TALKIN'!!

OK

[size=100pt]STOP TALKING THIS LOUD! PEOPLE ON OTHER THREADS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NOISE! EVEN PEOPLE ON OTHER FORUMS CAN HEAR US![/size]
(Dang, that doesn't work.)

Mine was probably:
"The carp misses you!
You rush at the carp.
You have been encased in ice.
The carp has been encased in ice.
The carp has been encased in ice."

And I hoped to have an awesome fight <.<

Divine intervention by the dark, evil carp god.

Well, the carp are all dead, so I think I won.
You also died, so...no. Sorry.

YOU
ARE
NOT
TALKING
THIS!
YOU
ARE
BANNED
FROM
THIS
THREAD

[size=100pt]NO! HE! ISN'T![/size]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2010, 04:07:45 pm »

From someone else : A FB spawned in caverns, he/she sent the whole army at it. They all died. Then a stray cat killed it.

All hail Mittens!  Beware his deadly purring!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2010, 04:15:09 pm »

here's one i had:

My first ever Megabeast was a Hydra. It didn't have a scratch on it. My military consisted of 15 wrestlers at the time. I sucked it up, hoped for the best (failing that, some Fun) and sent them out to meet it.

They pulverized it in about 30 seconds.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2010, 04:41:45 pm »

How
the
hell
did
you
do
that
TELL US

Object
Testing
ARENA
You
normally
can't
spawn
DEMONS

YOU
CAN'T?

HELL
NO!
WE
WANT
TO
TALK
THIS!

KEEP TALKIN'!!

OK

WHAT
HAVE
I
CREATED

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2010, 04:46:30 pm »

My first ambush, all the goblins rushed my woodcutter... right into my cage traps, a few seconds later that same woodcutter is shived by a goblin thief.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2010, 04:53:13 pm »

Just had a huge Anti Climactic battle...

The Fifth Battle of Cloisteredwood.

The Army is under strength, replacements have still not been found for the six dead at the fourth battle of Cloisteredwood. A huge great Goblin force arrived, about 55 total, up against my 38 dwarf soldiers. In the Fourth battle of Cloisteredwood, if it hadn't been for a mad war dog the fortress would of been over run, and that was only 40 goblins.

The goblins approached in 4 groups.... the first was ambushed by the north tower, three go down. The rest run away. Kind of set the tone. Another group was fired at by the walls, two died, the rest ran away. Another group ran away BEFORE it got to the walls. The last group was the only one that managed to get near me, but my champion swordsdwarf killed all of them. End of siege.

Seriously, I was expecting like a huge battle..... stupid Goblins. Excluding the group that attacked the gate I count 8 dead goblins, and at least 1 was wounded. (With the group at the gate that'd be 21 dead Goblins).
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2010, 04:55:30 pm »

Just for grins and giggles I spawned two dwarves in the testing arena, giving one superdwarvenly skills and high master in hammerdwarving, adamantine armor, and the other dabbling in swordsdwarf and leather armor.  I'm ready to see some hammer golf when I see the hammerdwarf dodge a blow... Into the lava. >:( I hope Armok kicked his ass when he got to Dwarfhalla.
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2010, 04:56:00 pm »

How
the
hell
did
you
do
that
TELL US

Object
Testing
ARENA
You
normally
can't
spawn
DEMONS

YOU
CAN'T?

HELL
NO!
WE
WANT
TO
TALK
THIS!

KEEP TALKIN'!!

OK

WHAT
HAVE
I
CREATED

THIS IS A MASTERPIECE PYRAMID BY NIGGY. IT MENACES WITH SPIKES OF AWESOME.

My first ambush, all the goblins rushed my woodcutter... right into my cage traps, a few seconds later that same woodcutter is shived by a goblin thief.

Hilarious. Bloody hilarious.

Just had a huge Anti Climactic battle...

The Fifth Battle of Cloisteredwood.

The Army is under strength, replacements have still not been found for the six dead at the fourth battle of Cloisteredwood. A huge great Goblin force arrived, about 55 total, up against my 38 dwarf soldiers. In the Fourth battle of Cloisteredwood, if it hadn't been for a mad war dog the fortress would of been over run, and that was only 40 goblins.

The goblins approached in 4 groups.... the first was ambushed by the north tower, three go down. The rest run away. Kind of set the tone. Another group was fired at by the walls, two died, the rest ran away. Another group ran away BEFORE it got to the walls. The last group was the only one that managed to get near me, but my champion swordsdwarf killed all of them. End of siege.

Seriously, I was expecting like a huge battle..... stupid Goblins. Excluding the group that attacked the gate I count 8 dead goblins, and at least 1 was wounded. (With the group at the gate that'd be 21 dead Goblins).

Chicken goblins are the best kind of goblins, after the ones plummeting to their doom.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2010, 05:27:06 pm »

I would like to inquire as to the methodology you employed in order to produce such an effect.
I used the highly utilitous resource commonly referred to as the Object Testing Arena.
But that cannot be! I am familiar to a certain degree with the Object Testing Arena and am at the conclusion that such a feat as spawning demons is impossible within the aforementioned Object Testing Arena.
Is that so? I was previously unacquainted with that conclusion.
I would like to take this propitious opportunity to shout in a very loud tone indeed, "LOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER THE GATES!!"
I outright refuse! I and the entity of prior quoters whose opinions I represent would greatly prefer to continue speaking in this fashion.
I am frustrated that you did not recognize the reference of which I was producing. I would also like to take the opportunity to promote the continued extended quotation of this structure commonly referred to as a "quote pyramid".
I will comply with what you have requested, and I am delighted at the notion!
I am in shock and horror at this monstrous structure. I would like to inquire any readers as to what action I have just committed, and what the ultimate consequences of said action might be.
I shall respond to your inquiry, Niggy. My response is to a highly approving effect. You have committed the action of producing a quote pyramid, one of which I appraise as possessing a masterful quality. I would also like to add that it simply bristles with tremendous javelins of glorious awe.
Now that's more like it. Roundin' up the neighborhood quote pyramidsts, Gnauga-style.

In hindsight, this is astonishingly appropriate for a discussion on anti-climatistic events.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:31:33 pm by Gnauga »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12