Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Most Anticlimatic Battles Ever  (Read 50392 times)

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
Re: Most Anticlimatic Battles Ever
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2010, 05:34:29 pm »

I wanted to make a epic battle between a Dwarf and a Goblin in Object testing mode. So I spawned both with good skillz and weapons, only to discover that, instead of a dwarf, I had spawn a Demon. There was no fight.
I would like to inquire as to the methodology you employed in order to produce such an effect.
I used the highly utilitous resource commonly referred to as the Object Testing Arena.
But that cannot be! I am familiar to a certain degree with the Object Testing Arena and am at the conclusion that such a feat as spawning demons is impossible within the aforementioned Object Testing Arena.
Is that so? I was previously unacquainted with that conclusion.
I would like to take this propitious opportunity to shout in a very loud tone indeed, "LOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER THE GATES!!"
I outright refuse! I and the entity of prior quoters whose opinions I represent would greatly prefer to continue speaking in this fashion.
I am frustrated that you did not recognize the reference of which I was producing. I would also like to take the opportunity to promote the continued extended quotation of this structure commonly referred to as a "quote pyramid".
I will comply with what you have requested, and I am delighted at the notion!
I am in shock and horror at this monstrous structure. I would like to inquire any readers as to what action I have just committed, and what the ultimate consequences of said action might be.
I shall respond to your inquiry, Niggy. My response is to a highly approving effect. You have committed the action of producing a quote pyramid, one of which I appraise as possessing a masterful quality. I would also like to add that it simply bristles with tremendous javelins of glorious awe.
Now that's more like it. Roundin' up the neighborhood quote pyramidsts, Gnauga-style.

In hindsight, this is astonishingly appropriate for a discussion on anti-climatistic events.

I would've sigged that, but it's way too big. Also, seems there's a second-generation pyramid here.

Nah, still good ol' first. But your summation is one of the funniest things I've seen lately regardless.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:37:35 pm by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2010, 05:35:50 pm »

Oh God what is this I don't even
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2010, 05:44:57 pm »

I wanted to make a epic battle between a Dwarf and a Goblin in Object testing mode. So I spawned both with good skillz and weapons, only to discover that, instead of a dwarf, I had spawn a Demon. There was no fight.
I would like to inquire as to the methodology you employed in order to produce such an effect.
I used the highly utilitous resource commonly referred to as the Object Testing Arena.
But that cannot be! I am familiar to a certain degree with the Object Testing Arena and am at the conclusion that such a feat as spawning demons is impossible within the aforementioned Object Testing Arena.
Is that so? I was previously unacquainted with that conclusion.
I would like to take this propitious opportunity to shout in a very loud tone indeed, "LOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER THE GATES!!"
I outright refuse! I and the entity of prior quoters whose opinions I represent would greatly prefer to continue speaking in this fashion.
I am frustrated that you did not recognize the reference of which I was producing. I would also like to take the opportunity to promote the continued extended quotation of this structure commonly referred to as a "quote pyramid".
I will comply with what you have requested, and I am delighted at the notion!
I am in shock and horror at this monstrous structure. I would like to inquire any readers as to what action I have just committed, and what the ultimate consequences of said action might be.
I shall respond to your inquiry, Niggy. My response is to a highly approving effect. You have committed the action of producing a quote pyramid, one of which I appraise as possessing a masterful quality. I would also like to add that it simply bristles with tremendous javelins of glorious awe.
Now that's more like it. Roundin' up the neighborhood quote pyramidsts, Gnauga-style.

In hindsight, this is astonishingly appropriate for a discussion on anti-climatistic events.

I lol'ed.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2010, 05:55:20 pm »

I once tried co check how deadly kickass much of a DESTROYER would a buffed up epic dwarf hero soldier be with an "ok" steel equipment.

So I opened the arena, created a dwarf in the middle of the arena, gave him legendary +5 skills on most combat skills (including kicker and biter just for fun), modified his stats so that it's 6k each runesmith, and faced him off against about 40 "average" humans (skill range 5-7 in combat skills, spear men, hammer men and some crossbowmen with iron or leather equipment). I was hoping to see him ANNIHILATE them but it all ended with one crossbow bolt (THE VERY FIST ONE) that pierced the skull and the brain killing my UBER dwarf instantly.

I even wanted to make a forum thread about it but was too ashamed of what happened...
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2010, 05:59:17 pm »

I once tried co check how deadly kickass much of a DESTROYER would a buffed up epic dwarf hero soldier be with an "ok" steel equipment.

So I opened the arena, created a dwarf in the middle of the arena, gave him legendary +5 skills on most combat skills (including kicker and biter just for fun), modified his stats so that it's 6k each runesmith, and faced him off against about 40 "average" humans (skill range 5-7 in combat skills, spear men, hammer men and some crossbowmen with iron or leather equipment). I was hoping to see him ANNIHILATE them but it all ended with one crossbow bolt (THE VERY FIST ONE) that pierced the skull and the brain killing my UBER dwarf instantly.

I even wanted to make a forum thread about it but was too ashamed of what happened...

YOU
SHOULD'VE
GAVE
HIM
A
HELM
:3
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

MacMahoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2010, 06:08:55 pm »

I was having FUN with a fort with massive sieges within the first few years. I was going to take a trip down to happy FUN times with all the training materials my cage traps were providing. I had a huge siege with multiple groups of mounted goblins and two groups of trolls.I expected to capture some of them all kill the rest in a massive battle with my axedwarves. Then the elf leader of the goblins leads a charge though my well and drowns. everyone ran. Now the sieges are weak.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2010, 06:34:18 pm »

The forgotten beast Bronzespider McFleshEatingBlood has arrived!

Send the whole military out, an axedwarf lops off a toe to create a spray of blood that sends almost the entire military to the hospital with fingers and toes and feet and eyeballs rotting out of their sockets left right and center.

The beast follows them inside, I lock a door, it tries another path--and walks right into a cage trap.
That one is fake.
Forgotten beasts don't trigger cage traps unless a GCS web is on it.

I'm not familiar with FB, due to my love for 40D, but if it passed out on the cage trap, wouldn't it be caught?
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2010, 06:47:20 pm »

They have [NOSTUN].
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2010, 06:49:14 pm »

As far as I know, the only way to catch one is to utilise GCS. Which is, as we all know, !!fun!! more often than not. Though with a few designs the !!fun!! chance is minimal.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2010, 07:53:11 pm »

Had a zombie ettin come visit, and one of my dwarfs punched it in the leg - just one punch in the leg, "bruising the fat" I think - and it died.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2010, 07:59:36 pm »

I arrived to an old fortress of mine which i abandoned after the first year. Of course, ariving on site, i noticed something wierd. There were no dwarves to talk to. While this would have unwavered me in just so circumstances, i noticed, there was not a single dead body anywhere. In fact, there was what seemed to be a trail of blood leading into my fort, with the occaisionall body part (ear, finger, teeth)  being an adventurer of course i would do the most logical thing in my position. I followed it. It led straight down into my vault, where my draw dropped.
It sat there, atop a pile of mutilated the carcasses of the dwarves. The walls of the room were covered in blood and pretty much every object in there was covered in blood and vomit. Being the adventurer i was, i rushed in and punched it in the snout to establish dominance.

The & explodes in gore!
What?

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2010, 08:01:36 pm »

I once had a fire demon in a neighboring goblin fortress who shot a cone of flames at kobold invaders and, when the ground was set on fire, promptly died from the heat.  I was looking forward to the siege when they would all become hostile :(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 08:04:18 pm by ISGC »
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2010, 08:02:54 pm »

I arrived to an old fortress of mine which i abandoned after the first year. Of course, ariving on site, i noticed something wierd. There were no dwarves to talk to. While this would have unwavered me in just so circumstances, i noticed, there was not a single dead body anywhere. In fact, there was what seemed to be a trail of blood leading into my fort, with the occaisionall body part (ear, finger, teeth)  being an adventurer of course i would do the most logical thing in my position. I followed it. It led straight down into my vault, where my draw dropped.
It sat there, atop a pile of mutilated the carcasses of the dwarves. The walls of the room were covered in blood and pretty much every object in there was covered in blood and vomit. Being the adventurer i was, i rushed in and punched it in the snout to establish dominance.

The & explodes in gore!
What?
No force in the world can withstand the almighty force of Problem Sleuth running gags.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2010, 08:44:03 pm »

i remember having some stray dogs kill a FB made of fire

first one dog... then sevral dogs joined in on the curb stompage

iirc, the FB composed of fire burnt himself
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2010, 09:05:45 pm »

How
the
hell
did
you
do
that
TELL US

Object
Testing
ARENA
You
normally
can't
spawn
DEMONS

YOU
CAN'T?
LOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER THE GATES!!

HELL
NO!
WE
WANT
TO
TALK
THIS!

IT'S A REFERENCE DAMMIT!!
KEEP TALKIN'!!
KEEP BUILDIN' THA PYRAMID!!

OK

:D

WHAT
HAVE
I
CREATED

THIS IS A MASTERPIECE PYRAMID BY NIGGY. IT MENACES WITH SPIKES OF AWESOME.
YOU
SHOULD'VE
GAVE
HIM
A
HELM
:3

Okay, seriously, stop. Can you start a new thread to yell in?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12