Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World generator crashes on maps with large site cap and pop caps?  (Read 1204 times)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop

I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's just the way world generator works but if you build a large map and set site tap after civ creation and population cap after civ creation to maximum values or no cap values.
world generator crashes every time, every single time, seems like anyway.
With odd error reports about speech and music not being generated.
is this normal? I mean I can understand if it is but I'm just a little confused.

if these values need to be set at very VERY particular values why are you allowed to make them what ever you want XD ?? lol

The weird thing is if you make a 17x17 small map you can have all these values maxed out at 100000 and it doesn't have a problem at all ???

here is a crash report of the last crash (small map) with no cap set to both civ site cap and population cap on a 17x17 map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and this was in the error log and its not always the same entity.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World generator crashes on maps with large site cap and pop caps?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 01:53:09 pm »

Is the game modded? If so, do you have EVIL creatures assigned to civilizations with a DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE that isn't DARK_FORTRESS? This has caused crashes for me in the past.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
Re: World generator crashes on maps with large site cap and pop caps?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 01:57:25 pm »

Is the game modded? If so, do you have EVIL creatures assigned to civilizations with a DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE that isn't DARK_FORTRESS? This has caused crashes for me in the past.

Shit!! I do I will begin looking into this immediately

Cuz yeah I have one evil entity and I have them set to everything but dark fortress