Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 93

Author Topic: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation  (Read 267838 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 04:30:06 pm »

Random fortress name: "Longcat"

Now I just need to find a way to build fortress Tacgnol on the other side of the river.

I tried to do Ceilingcats. the best I could get was Catceilings.

'One does not simply drive Tankcat into the Goblin fortress...'

anyway, I have these as river names:

Lunchnightmare
savage tummy (I lie how this one was right nearby the one above)

Gerbilskewers
Floodpolished the dangers of Dating
Amuseache the Ears of Sucking
Violentbarb the Tactical Lard

these two seem to go together as well:
The Cruel Girdle
Crevicetugs
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 04:33:40 pm »

Random fortress name: "Longcat"

Now I just need to find a way to build fortress Tacgnol on the other side of the river.

I tried to do Ceilingcats. the best I could get was Catceilings.

'One does not simply drive Tankcat into the Goblin fortress...'

anyway, I have these as river names:

Lunchnightmare
savage tummy (I lie how this one was right nearby the one above)

Gerbilskewers
Floodpolished the dangers of Dating
Amuseache the Ears of Sucking
Violentbarb the Tactical Lard

these two seem to go together as well:
The Cruel Girdle
Crevicetugs

Floodspoiled the Dangers of Dating should've been right next to Inkstunt the Convenient Baby.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 04:39:59 pm »

I remember seeing the Hills of Vomit while checking around a newly-genned world. Sounds like a swell place.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 04:56:53 pm »

I remember seeing the Hills of Vomit while checking around a newly-genned world. Sounds like a swell place.

Try keeping your dwarves indoors for a few years, then let them out. You will have a mini-version of those all for yourself.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 04:59:10 pm »

My artifact grate named "Stranglesqueezes"

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2010, 06:09:31 pm »

The Hammer of Speech reminded me that my current expedition is named The Crystal of Speech, but I made up some mythology about dwarven sentience to go along with it.

One of my dwarves has the last name Helmarch.  I know what it's supposed to be, but I can read it Hel-march if I want.

A dwarf got possessed and made a bituminous coal earring(only coal was used in the decorations) called The Bewitched Abysses.  It scares me.  Even more so when I checked back and saw that the stream near my fort is Bewitchedscorched.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2010, 06:16:30 pm »

My artifact grate named "Stranglesqueezes"

This is what happens when you try to stuff your (or a goblin's) head through it.

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2010, 06:17:14 pm »

So one day I'm playing DF (one of my first forts) without previously knowing about the random name generators or even that I could change the name of my fort... and when I read the text for the game starting... and the name of my fort...I saw this:

PADDLESEALS

I LAUGHED SO HARD. Paddleseals? REALLY!?  :D :D :D :D Ahahahahaha!

FORT PADDLESEALS. WE HAVE A BOOMING SEAL CUB LEATHER INDUSTRY AND A MASSIVE SEAL-KILLING MECHANISM IN OUR ANTECHAMBER. WELCOME ABOARD.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2010, 06:19:36 pm »

So one day I'm playing DF (one of my first forts) without previously knowing about the random name generators or even that I could change the name of my fort... and when I read the text for the game starting... and the name of my fort...I saw this:

PADDLESEALS

FORT PADDLESEALS. WE HAVE A BOOMING SEAL CUB LEATHER INDUSTRY AND A MASSIVE SEAL-KILLING MECHANISM IN OUR ANTECHAMBER. WELCOME ABOARD.

But remember, warranty void if seal is broken.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2010, 06:36:59 pm »

A goblin civilization called Tode Sost, or "The Disloyalty of Wheels." how can a wheel be disloyal? We can't even MAKE wheels!

And now we know why we can't make them. They're disloyal.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 03:56:36 am »

A new one:
An ocean titan named Covema Drinkbuds. Drinking buddies, woohoo!

And a newer one: The Oceanic Sea. You don't say...

Also:

PADDLESEALS

Hope you don't meet The Immortal Seals then.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 07:14:26 am by NewSheoth »

Leeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Wab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 09:10:27 am »

Urist Nutwhipped is my favorite dwarf name. I also got a really epic-sounding soldier with a ton of titles, "Kubuk Siegedcrystals the Rainy Guardian of Containers". What does it even mean? :o
"Asen Zoz, 'The Gravel of Pondering' - This is a Alunite Harp. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of Blossomeven the Cold Tactics the perfect precious fire opal in Precious fire opal."

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a prerecorded message.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 10:15:32 am »

I once had a forgotten beast named Nom.  Not funny eh?  Think how the name gives the translation immediately after?  Now think of how FB names tend to translate as the original name?  Funny naow? ^,^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q
Cat heads, cat heads, roly poly cat heads,
Biting at the dorf necks, now I have dorf heads.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 01:49:22 pm »

Some squads I have right now...

The Bolts of Fleeing.
The Trampled Boulder-Children

And, fittingly, my siegetime conscripts,
The Merchants of Defense.

Is the first one a marksdwarf squad?

As a matter of fact, they are. And though I may not remember much fleeing, 5 of their original 7 members got killed. Maybe they should have.

I also got a really epic-sounding soldier with a ton of titles, "Kubuk Siegedcrystals the Rainy Guardian of Containers". What does it even mean? :o

He's the dwarven patron saint of buckets.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2010, 02:13:54 pm »

I once had a forgotten beast named Nom.  Not funny eh?  Think how the name gives the translation immediately after?  Now think of how FB names tend to translate as the original name?  Funny naow? ^,^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q
Urist Eatsalot cancels drink: Interupted by NOM NOM NOM!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 93