Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do Chances of a Mood... depends on skill level...?  (Read 2204 times)

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
Re: Do Chances of a Mood... depends on skill level...?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 05:56:52 pm »

The chances of getting a Strange Mood is based on the amount of space you've mined in your fortress. If you haven't had a Strange Mood in awhile, mine some more.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 07:11:23 pm »

do you have a source for that info?

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 07:22:56 pm »

do you have a source for that info?

It's in the DF Talk archives, I forget which.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 07:25:48 pm »

Seems logical, I usually get moods the season after a large mining project.  though I'm not sure if that is the trigger, I've heard others say it is tied to time....
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Corew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 07:51:41 pm »

check wiki -40d- about moods for full explanation. However ... now seems outdated, but i try to follow that guidelines

Finally a dabbling armorsmith poped... but too much 50% chances failures are 8 or 9 moods... in several forts.

Im pretty sure a) skill ponderates somewhat in deciding what dwarf moods and b) armorsmith and most metal skills also infraponderate somewhat.
Pages: 1 [2]