Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 83802 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Night 5: The most thrilling night yet]
« Reply #375 on: December 13, 2010, 12:23:23 pm »

>>> Vote Count <<<

Day Ends: 14 Dec 2010 @ 5 pm EST

Notes
Shorten: 1/3 (Jokerman-EXE) to shorten to 5pm EST today
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.

Jokerman-EXE (3) - Jokerman-EXE, KaminaSquirtle, Toaster
Toaster (2) - lemon10
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
lemon10 (0) -

Not Voting:

Let me know if I missed anything.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Night 5: The most thrilling night yet]
« Reply #376 on: December 13, 2010, 02:59:35 pm »

toaster
Joker is voting himself as a last-ditch effort to make people think twice about him, especially since the votes were unanimous against him.

...wat.

Lemon, I never thought I'd say this in the course of this game, but I think you're right this time. Too bad it's MyLo.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Night 5: Self-inflicted cricket wound]
« Reply #377 on: December 14, 2010, 05:03:51 pm »

>>> End of Day 5 <<<

Jokerman-EXE (3) - Jokerman-EXE, KaminaSquirtle, Toaster
Toaster (2) - lemon10
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
lemon10 (0) -

As the day stretches on, the calls of the crickets get louder... and LOUDER... and LOUDER... and LOUDER...

Suddenly there are crickets everywhere, covering the walls and ceiling.  You all dive for cover with the lone exception of Jokerman-EXE.  Even in his last moments, he doesn't raise a hand to defend himself.

When the crickets finally leave, nothing is left of Jokerman-EXE but the bones of his left pinky, bearing his official Pinky Ring of Innocence. It's strange that he'd give his life like that, being innocent and all... It's going to be a long night.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]
« Reply #378 on: December 15, 2010, 03:10:21 pm »

Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II

When you come to breakfast in the morning, no one is surprised to see lemon10 the Green isn't there to join you.  No matter where you look, you can't seem to find him.  Oh well, judging by the look of things, he was innocent anyways.

At least he seems to have had the chance to cast one last spell though, as KaminaSquirtle is glowing with a healthy glow of Life Magic.

"Well, that's it then," KaminaSquirtle says, turning to Toaster, "The end.  Any last words?"

Toaster only has a chance to stammer "What? How? I thought it was ..." before KaminaSquirtle's Life Magic Enhanced Magic Missile(TM) slams into him.  All alone, KaminaSquirtle basks in the glory of having fulfilled his duty to the ideals of Dark Sorcerers everywhere.

Dark Sorcerers Win!

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Assists (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 5 (click to show/hide)

Dead Chat
Dark Sorcerer Chat

It got a little dead there at the end (especially with Jokerman-EXE basically signing his own death sentence, not that it would have likely changed anything if he *had* changed his vote), but I think that was a rather successful round. 

A hearty round of applause to KaminaSquirtle, he did an excellent job.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 15, 2010, 03:33:09 pm »

Well damn.  Well played, Kamina.

I don't blame you, Lemon- even I could see how scummy I looked there at the end.  At least you know I was being honest, at least.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 15, 2010, 03:39:16 pm »

Yeah, good game. Us corpses were cheering for Kamina quite loudly by the end. He certainly did very well. Congrats, Kamina, well played and well deserved win; also props to Janus, it was well run, and the powers were interesting.

But yeah, shame on all for falling into uselessness and mass-lurking by the end. The last week was soporific. You should have known (and done) better, dudes!

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 15, 2010, 04:09:15 pm »

Good game, all.  It got seriously slow during the end, but there was no way I was going to complain about it.  Once lemon got suspicious of Toaster, I knew I pretty much had it.  I was kinda busy, so I missed a nk there, but at least no one (alive) noticed I hadn't logged on during that time.
Basically my strategy was play as if you're town.  And it seemed to have worked.  My bussing of seemed to have gained me some credibility, and after he was dead I could basically play as a townie, since I didn't have any reservations about killing anyone.
Yeah, good game. Us corpses were cheering for Kamina quite loudly by the end. He certainly did very well. Congrats, Kamina, well played and well deserved win; also props to Janus, it was well run, and the powers were interesting.

But yeah, shame on all for falling into uselessness and mass-lurking by the end. The last week was soporific. You should have known (and done) better, dudes!
Well damn.  Well played, Kamina.
Thank you.  I'd say I've improved my scum game quite a bit since that BM.  I no longer suck hugely!  Yay!

But seriously, I can't believe how well I did.  I remember only one point at which point someone (I think it was IronyOwl) was suspicious of me.  I didn't think I was that good.

It's kinda the opposite of Paranormal 17.  In this one I was scum and not suspected, and in that one I was town and heavily suspected.

Let me say again, good game!  It was fun, for sure.
Quote from: IronyOwl
Once again, you feel the power of Life Magic running through your veins.  This time, you feel even stronger than before. You're not sure that there's anything that can ruin your day today...

(Also, you look like the hulk)
And good flavor!  XD  How did we not notice that?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2010, 04:24:32 pm »

Quote from: IronyOwl
Once again, you feel the power of Life Magic running through your veins.  This time, you feel even stronger than before. You're not sure that there's anything that can ruin your day today...

(Also, you look like the hulk)
And good flavor!  XD  How did we not notice that?

If you mean not mentioning the hulk bit in the main thread, it was mentioned in that day's opening post.

The lack of Nirur Torir seems somewhat offset by IronyOwl's recent growth spurth. He seems much larger. And greener. And lifelike. Wonder what that means?

I had to be careful when you got the same thing later (Night 3). 

In your flavor, you basically used your Avatar of Life / HULK-ness to tear IronyOwl apart on Night 3 (SO ANGRY), but in the Day 4 opening post IronyOwl could have been torn apart *or* blown up.  Didn't want to accidently give away the fact that the Avatar of Life was the killer.  Not that anyone even mentioned it anyways. :)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2010, 04:54:48 pm »

Heh, when I was reading/catching up prior to my (shortest ever) replace, I did think the new BIG CAPITALISED IRONYOWL looked hulkish, but didn't make anything of it at the time. Also, when capitalised, IronyOwl looks like "Iron Yowl", which to me invoked images of a fat Darth Malak (jowls, not yowls, but that's the image I got)... overall, the IRONYOWL AVATAR OF LIFE thing was the stuff of nightmares...

Speaking of flavour, was there something significant about Nirur being only "apparently" dead, placed there motionless, instead of obviously killed like the others? At the time I thought there was a hidden clue there, but I couldn't make anything of it.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2010, 04:57:37 pm »

Speaking of flavour, was there something significant about Nirur being only "apparently" dead, placed there motionless, instead of obviously killed like the others? At the time I thought there was a hidden clue there, but I couldn't make anything of it.
Nope. That one was purely flavor. And proof that the Dark Sorcerers are not only poets, but sadistic poets. :)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2010, 05:37:04 pm »

Big jerks.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2010, 05:40:47 pm »

I choose to take credit for this victory despite the fact I didn't do well by any stretch of the imagination.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 15, 2010, 08:37:45 pm »

Every scum chat reads like my fan club.

Anyways, that was some good scum work, KaminaSquirtle. You earned that win, even after the town decided to sleep its way through the last few days.

lemon10, why didn't you use the Avatar of Life power on me during Night 1? I would have been aliiiiiive on Day 2. Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 16, 2010, 01:12:28 am »

I would have if their was a greater then 1/9 chance that you would be nked, as it was i sort of suspected you and was about 90% sure it would be wasted no matter who i casted it on.
However, if you roleclaimed (usually a stupid move on day one though) then i would have protected you, and i think it would have made it semi-clear that blue was scummy (because you were town and if green protected you then green would have been pretty towny), and then we could have lynched person day two and you could have used your power to find out who the scum was with a pretty good chance.
Oh well, good game kamina.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 16, 2010, 04:43:32 pm »

Maybe. Probably. I wouldn't of claimed, though.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]