Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 227031 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2010, 06:55:26 pm »

Mysteriousbluepuppet, I don't think I've played a game with you before, so you can answer a question.

webadict is wearing a dress, and he asks you if it makes him look fat. What's the proper response?

Now for a question I actually care about the answer to. What's your general feeling going into this game? Excited? Nervous? Intimidated?

Also, Meph, since there's no indication of aliens in the flavor can we assume there are none?

Combo platter of the 3, havent played that fflavor of mafia yet, and it appear pretty damn nice.

Yaddah Solifuge Yaddah Yaddah

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2010, 06:59:42 pm »

Yaddah Solifuge Yaddah Yaddah
Why did you vote without a reason?  Are you not aware of how RVS works, or do you just suck at being useful?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2010, 07:02:24 pm »

... Are you not aware of how RVS works, ...
It doesn't.  We should skip it.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2010, 07:05:55 pm »

Forgive my ignorance, but what should we skip to?  There's nothing to work with before it.
RVS works a lot better than going HEY LOOK AT ME I'M VOTING FOR NO REASON, AND NOT EVEN ASKING A QUESTION.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2010, 07:10:41 pm »

Its a conversational catalyst, if nothing else. It leads to opinions and such. By itself, it really means very little... but what it creates is what is useful.

...like Mysteriousbluepuppet, the scummiest scourge on the seven seas.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2010, 07:13:51 pm »

Forgive my ignorance, but what should we skip to?  There's nothing to work with before it.
RVS works a lot better than going HEY LOOK AT ME I'M VOTING FOR NO REASON, AND NOT EVEN ASKING A QUESTION.
We should skip immediately to lynching scum.  Since that's not likely, I wouldn't be opposed to an Org policy lynch (as you may have noticed).  Failing that, anything that will get people talking is useful.  RVS can do that, if done well.  But so few people do it well that it's rarely useful.

But ... we're in the mountains.  (At least that's what I'd assume.  There's only one road which was destroyed by rockslide.)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2010, 07:16:17 pm »

But ... we're in the mountains.  (At least that's what I'd assume.  There's only one road which was destroyed by rockslide.)

This is precisely why this is a problem. How did he even get here?

Watch a master scumhunter at work, my friend, and learn.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2010, 07:17:26 pm »

Its a conversational catalyst, if nothing else. It leads to opinions and such. By itself, it really means very little... but what it creates is what is useful.

OMGUS much?
We should skip immediately to lynching scum.  Since that's not likely, I wouldn't be opposed to an Org policy lynch (as you may have noticed).  Failing that, anything that will get people talking is useful.  RVS can do that, if done well.  But so few people do it well that it's rarely useful.
Why so anxious to move on without any useful info?  Want to start lynching townies ASAP, Janus?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2010, 07:26:46 pm »

Why so anxious to move on without any useful info?  Want to start lynching townies ASAP, Janus?
What do you mean exactly?  My entire point was that anything to get people talking is useful (RVS not doing that well). 

Obviously, I'd rather lynch dopps and/or aliens.  The entire reason that I'm voting Org is because he never provides useful info.  Even now, the little he's posted has been ranting against me rather than doing anything useful.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2010, 07:31:00 pm »

What do you mean exactly?  My entire point was that anything to get people talking is useful (RVS not doing that well). 

Obviously, I'd rather lynch dopps and/or aliens.  The entire reason that I'm voting Org is because he never provides useful info.  Even now, the little he's posted has been ranting against me rather than doing anything useful.
Ok, that makes more sense.  Sorry for the misunderstanding, but it looked like you were trying to rush things from the first half of your post, the second half contradicted that, however.  I suppose my lack of any experience playing with Org is showing.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2010, 07:35:21 pm »

Herp derp derp.
I dont know, it'll be pretty ironic.
Never provides. Useful. Information.
Of course, the number of games I did actually play in, don't count, I guess? Hm?

Also, FOS Kamina, he is rushing, you are dumb.
Janus basically just said that I haven't done anything useful, pretty much the pot calling the kettle black.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2010, 07:39:33 pm »

How am I rushing anything?  The game is on a deadline.  Nothing I do will make the day move any faster. 

At least it's getting you talking, even if that talking isn't really helpful thus far.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2010, 07:40:21 pm »

How am I rushing anything?  The game is on a deadline.  Nothing I do will make the day move any faster. 

At least it's getting you talking, even if that talking isn't really helpful thus far.

the pot calling the kettle black.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2010, 07:47:35 pm »

Org, you'd make a perfect spore spreader.  Chances are you're not one, but damned if you wouldn't be THE BEST at it.

While it looked like he was trying to rush, he revoked it and it isn't going to work anyway.  From what I've seen of his playstyle in other games, he tends to do stupid shit like that whether he's town or scum, so I can't really conclude anything from it.  I will watch him, but I don't see enough evidence to vote him yet.

And lynching someone for being 'dumb' isn't a good strategy.  Look at where it got us in the current BM.  Two 'dumb' townies lynched in a row, and now at LYLO.  This isn't a BM, but voting on grounds of being 'dumb' isn't a good idea.  Especially using your definition of dumb, i.e. anyone who disagrees with you.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2010, 07:48:44 pm »

Fuck you, JanusTwoface. You claim that RVS isn't going to start the conversion. Protip: Neither is a call for a policy lynch. Either everybody agrees with you, Org gets lynched, and you've otherwise learned nothing or people don't agree with you and nothing happens. So tell me, how is a policy lynch on Org going to kickstart the conversation?

Mr. Person, how do you think the new rules will affect day one dynamics?

There won't be any day kills, but otherwise it's going to be the same.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 66