Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 227017 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2010, 07:53:31 pm »

While it looked like he was trying to rush, he revoked it and it isn't going to work anyway.  From what I've seen of his playstyle in other games, he tends to do stupid shit like that whether he's town or scum, so I can't really conclude anything from it.  I will watch him, but I don't see enough evidence to vote him yet.
But ... but ... yeah.  It's probably stupid, but that doesn't mean I'm going to back down.  At least in Paranormal, there's always a backup plan.

Fuck you, JanusTwoface. You claim that RVS isn't going to start the conversion. Protip: Neither is a call for a policy lynch. Either everybody agrees with you, Org gets lynched, and you've otherwise learned nothing or people don't agree with you and nothing happens. So tell me, how is a policy lynch on Org going to kickstart the conversation?
Um.  Look what's happening.  People are conversing.

And a policy lynch doesn't make the day any shorter.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2010, 08:00:39 pm »

Usually there's indication of the existence of third party roles in the flavor, unless I've been so out of Paranormal mafias that this has changed. They'll show up as UFO sightings and other things, or they used to.
I can almost guarantee that there will be 1-3 aliens about. Happened in every round so far.

Do you think we should be worried about them already?

I have no idea. If we should be worried about them there's no way to really know until the game starts moving forward.

I'm not throwing out a random vote. What, if anything, do you think of what I'm doing right now?

Employing you're notoriously offkilter scumhunting method of questionable effectiveness.

webadict, what will be your strategy for this game?

This question bugs me and I can't quite put my finger on why.

Why are you not asking webadict a hypothetical question? Since you're asking what he's going to do, not what he would do, it's almost rolefishing, since strategy is inextricable from role.

Org, you'd make a perfect spore spreader.  Chances are you're not one, but damned if you wouldn't be THE BEST at it.

While it looked like he was trying to rush, he revoked it and it isn't going to work anyway.  From what I've seen of his playstyle in other games, he tends to do stupid shit like that whether he's town or scum, so I can't really conclude anything from it.  I will watch him, but I don't see enough evidence to vote him yet.

This is entirely too much explanation for an FOS from Org. Unvote. Watcha scared about, Squirtle?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2010, 08:06:16 pm »

Wait, what the hell am I talking about.

KaminaSquirtle, new question. What the hell are you talking about in that post I just voted you for? Who do all those ambiguous pronouns refer to?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2010, 08:09:50 pm »

Org, you'd make a perfect spore spreader.  Chances are you're not one, but damned if you wouldn't be THE BEST at it.

And lynching someone for being 'dumb' isn't a good strategy.  Look at where it got us in the current BM.  Two 'dumb' townies lynched in a row, and now at LYLO.  This isn't a BM, but voting on grounds of being 'dumb' isn't a good idea.  Especially using your definition of dumb, i.e. anyone who disagrees with you.
Kamina, you'd make the perfect scum. You probably are one. You are pretty obvscum.
Oh wait, you are. With Janus.
Or he is a spore spreader. Looking into that.

You are buddying him. Right now.
RIGHT NOW. You just made an excuse for one of his slip-ups. JEGUS.
UNVOTE. VOTE KAMINA SQUIRTLE

He isn't revoking a rush. He is still going. Nothing changed.
I wasn't lynching for being dumb(not completely anyway), I wanted to lynch him for accusing me of the same thing he is doing.
Derp, herp.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2010, 08:10:31 pm »

webadict, what will be your strategy for this game?

This question bugs me and I can't quite put my finger on why.

Why are you not asking webadict a hypothetical question? Since you're asking what he's going to do, not what he would do, it's almost rolefishing, since strategy is inextricable from role.
Sorry, it's only my 2nd game, and I royally sucked in the RVS of the first one, so it's effectively my first experience with RVS.  Would you like me to rephrase the question?

This is entirely too much explanation for an FOS from Org. Unvote. Watcha scared about, Squirtle?
For one, I'm too used to defending against Azure right now, and you need large a explanation to do that.
I had no way of telling just how much people ignored Org's opinion, Janus may have just wanted me to believe that.

Wait, what the hell am I talking about.

KaminaSquirtle, new question. What the hell are you talking about in that post I just voted you for? Who do all those ambiguous pronouns refer to?
Sorry for the ambiguity, the hes in the second paragraph referred to Janus.  I was responding to Org.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2010, 08:19:01 pm »

Org is right, for once. Since we're still thick in the RVS there's no reason for you, KaminaSquirtle, to be coming out and defending JTF for whatever he's said and done. So why are you buddying him?

Sorry, it's only my 2nd game, and I royally sucked in the RVS of the first one, so it's effectively my first experience with RVS.  Would you like me to rephrase the question?
For one, I'm too used to defending against Azure right now, and you need large a explanation to do that.
I had no way of telling just how much people ignored Org's opinion, Janus may have just wanted me to believe that.

You talk too much. In an explanatory and conciliatory manner, no less. And you give too much ground at the slightest push.

*sniff*

I'm thinking you're probably scum. Or at the very least a paranoid noob. Which is it, Squirtle Squirtle Squirtle?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2010, 08:22:07 pm »

The Whiteboard
Eduren: Toaster
JanusTwoface: Leafsnail, Mr.Person, Org
KaminaSquirtle: Jim Groovester
Mr.Person: Zathras
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Solifuge
Org: JanusTwoface
SHAD0Wdump: Criptfeind
Solifuge: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Zathras: Ottofar
webadict: KaminaSquirtle

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2010, 08:26:13 pm »

Org swapped his vote to KaminaSquirtle.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2010, 08:27:38 pm »

Org is right, for once. Since we're still thick in the RVS there's no reason for you, KaminaSquirtle, to be coming out and defending JTF for whatever he's said and done. So why are you buddying him?

You talk too much. In an explanatory and conciliatory manner, no less. And you give too much ground at the slightest push.

*sniff*

I'm thinking you're probably scum. Or at the very least a paranoid noob. Which is it, Squirtle Squirtle Squirtle?
What do you think it is?  This is my first non BM game.  Everything seems to work completely differently.  Look at that game and how it worked.  That is my only experience with mafia.  Now I know what's expected.

I didn't know what the hell was expected.  Now I do.
So fuck off.  Time to get down to goddamn business.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2010, 08:33:07 pm »

And a policy lynch doesn't make the day any shorter.
Not timewise, but it makes us short town.  Scum should be lynched, not town, no matter how stupid.  That is the point of town.
Unvote.
Vote JanusTwoface.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2010, 08:36:08 pm »

It's a shame, I was about to extend you some noob slack but then you go and do something violently reactionary like this.

Whyyy are you voting for JTF? You were just explaining away his actions a minute ago.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2010, 08:43:03 pm »

It's a shame, I was about to extend you some noob slack but then you go and do something violently reactionary like this.

Whyyy are you voting for JTF? You were just explaining away his actions a minute ago.
Because I was thinking in the context of BM.  What he's doing seems different now.  I understand it from a new perspective.  He's suggesting a lynch simply because of a player's rep, with no regards to losing a chance to lynch scum.  I can unvote whenever the hell I want.  I want answers out of the fucker.

I'm done being wishy-washy, as you pointed out I was.  Are you seriously suggesting I would be so stupid as to bus my scumbuddy this early just because of a small accusation?
Goddamn, I'm not that stupid.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2010, 08:43:28 pm »

Eduren, given that flavour points our four dopp pods, how many other non-town roles should we expect?
While I may have more experience with Paranormal than you, I don't have much familiarity with the setup. If I were to venture a guess I'd say that the cult is unlikely, and we will have 3 or 4 third party roles.

Eduren, would you vote to lynch a claimed spore spreader?
Right now I see the spore spreader as a Jester. In both cases, a claim for that role is a whole barrel of WIFOM. Without any evidence to the contrary, my tendency is to lynch all WIFOMers. But I'm not really sure in this case.

Solifuge.

It starts!

I'm not throwing out a random vote. What, if anything, do you think of what I'm doing right now?
Its a conversational catalyst, if nothing else. It leads to opinions and such. By itself, it really means very little... but what it creates is what is useful.

...like Mysteriousbluepuppet, the scummiest scourge on the seven seas.
Why did you make a post specifically to say that you wouldn't be participating in RVS, and then RV MBP?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2010, 08:46:46 pm »

Yep, watch it guys. Kamina is probably scum, or spore spreader.
Or scum hiding as ss.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2010, 08:52:31 pm »

Because I was thinking in the context of BM.  What he's doing seems different now.  I understand it from a new perspective.  He's suggesting a lynch simply because of a player's rep, with no regards to losing a chance to lynch scum.  I can unvote whenever the hell I want.  I want answers out of the fucker.

I'm done being wishy-washy, as you pointed out I was.  Are you seriously suggesting I would be so stupid as to bus my scumbuddy this early just because of a small accusation?
Goddamn, I'm not that stupid.

You were getting answers out of him before, and the vote wasn't required. What more do you think you're going to get out of him now that you're voting him? This 'tough' new stance you're taking seems a bit hollow and unnecessary.

Also, you're putting words in my mouth. I made no suggestion about your motives. But now that you've brought it up, is JTF your scumbuddy? I mean, since you just got accused of buddying, what better way to prove that you're not then voting the guy you're accused of buddying up to?

Yep, watch it guys. Kamina is probably scum, or spore spreader.
Or scum hiding as ss.

Let's all get really paranoid any time somebody is acting scummy why don't we.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 66