Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 231521 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2010, 01:35:49 am »

Wait did you turn out scum that one game? I think maybe you did.

Also I have played with pandar more then I have with you, one game does not a tack record make. Unless you only have one game that is.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2010, 01:50:09 am »

Wait did you turn out scum that one game? I think maybe you did.
Also I have played with pandar more then I have with you, one game does not a tack record make. Unless you only have one game that is.

I don't know which one you mean. You and Pandar were town in VM1, and his/your tunneling doomed the game and gave scum (Org & IronyOwl) a win. The other one I think we shared was Sorcerer's, where I hammered you, but if I was tunneling, it was on Jim, not you; that was also a win for scum, Org & IronyOwl thing.... There may be others, but I don't recall.

Please don't emulate webadict. One is already far more than we need.
Off-topic: Sigged!
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2010, 02:06:01 am »

Cript, you have me mistaken for Pandar. He's the one that has a history of tunneling on you (see VM1). Me? I'm guilty of the same with you and with Jim, but never without reason, and neither of you have given me reason just yet, Jim, what are your interpretations of Cript's play so far? How about Janus, shadowdump, lurky webadict or I? what are your top scumpicks so far?

Hm? Why is that blue text there? Meaningless, I tells ya, meaningless.

I can't follow Criptfeind's argument. At all. There's a lot of pointless argumentation going on there, but I think the bulk of it is that JTF wanted to pursue a policy lynch on Org, and Criptfeind doesn't like that. I don't understand his problem with that since that's pretty much JTF's opening move every game he's in. It's pretty much just a lot of hot air and I'm not getting anything really useful out of it. Since I have no reason to believe either of them is scum for arguing with each other I think they're both pretty decently town.

SHADOWdump is obviously up to something. I'm debating whether or not he's capable enough to pull off a Spore Spreader fakeclaim. The way he's trying to convince people to think that he's not capable is making me think that he might not be one. But then that might just be a well-disguised attempt to get himself lynched. I dunno, I'm wrangling with the WIFOM but I think he's a third party of some sort. I think he's a problem that can wait, at least until Day 2 when we get more information about what we're up against.

webadict can do whatever the hell he wants because he's webadict. He's impossible to get any useful information out of, even with the most stubborn questioning, instead opting to prove how smart he is by fallaciously dissecting questions to their core fallacies. If he gets really mad at somebody because they accused him of having, I dunno, the brain of a Nobel Prize Nominee instead of a winner, and tries to get them lynched because he's insecure about his widdle ego he's probably town. Absolutely infuriating to play with. Usually he's more talkative than this though, so that's at the least a bit curious. Also you should probably not ask me about webadict because I find it addicting to antagonize him because he's so easy to rile up into a bloodthirsty rage and I frequently become his target because of this.

And you want me to talk about you? You're throwing a bunch of meaningless blue text around like it's candy. I don't like it. But that's what you do. You also don't seem as talkative or as focused as you were in Sorcerer's Apprentice but perhaps you don't have a target yet. You're not doing anything that screams scum to me but I'm wondering why you care about my opinion. Why do you care, Zathras? I don't see the point in asking about what other people think of you unless you're worried about that, which is not something that you should be as town.

As for scumpicks, SHADOWdump is at the top but I'm wrangling with whether or not it's a good idea to get him lynched. KaminaSquirtle comes in next for extreme reactions but my opinion might change depending on how well he picks up the game in the next few days. My prediction: probably pretty well. After that I got nothing but a bunch of lurkers. Mysteriousbluepuppet never answered why he was voting Solifuge despite being available, so he's at the top of the lurker list for me even though there are probably more egregious examples out there.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2010, 02:09:49 am »

SHAD0Wdump may or may not be sporespreader, but at best we kill scum and at worst we... make a masonry? How is that bad at all?

Everyone giving me shit for lurking: I leave myself logged in 24/7. If you see me offline it probably means someone stole my computer or my charger stopped working.

I intend to be inactive:
While sleeping
While in classes
While doing other things

I intend to lurk (that is, read without posting):
Never, you tardfaces

Any further questions?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2010, 02:17:18 am »

I don't think when the Spore Spreader gets lynched its new hosts know who each other are.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2010, 02:27:20 am »

Ah, you're right about that.

Even still, Spore Spreaders are still more-or-less town aligned unless the whole town gets converted/wiped out, in which case... we win with Spore Spreaders anyway.

Also this discourages the potentiality of Dopps hiding behind that claim - especially if it's a Dopp PWV
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2010, 02:44:22 am »

Hmmm.

Intentionally acting to get lynched is extremely difficult to do. Do you think SHADOWdump is capable enough or do you just not care who the claim is coming from?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2010, 02:48:11 am »

@JanusTwoface: Why are you now changing your story? You are aware that's scummy, right?

Did you call for a policy lynch on Org because you wanted Org lynched or did you call it to get the conversation started? It looks an awful lot like you legitimetly wanted Org lynched, yet now you seem to be saying you never wanted Org lynched at all. And even if you did do it to get the conversation started, I can't bring myself to even consider unvoting you. Good job.

I'd normally be all for lynching SHAD0Wdump, but you're even scummier. Somehow.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2010, 03:15:57 am »

Pandar, I know the posting has been furious, and it would be unfair for me to accuse you of lurking at this point, so I'll Unvote you for now... but please do answer my original RV question:

Pandarsenic, how lurky or active should we expect you to be this week and the coming weekend? If you don't live up to your answer, should we policy-lynch you?

On other things:

Why do you care, Zathras?
Because I do care, Jim darling, your interpretations may or may not be good, accurate or incisive, but they're bound to be interesting. C'mon! Give us them pearls of wisdom, man! Or should I post a limerick?

Quote from: jim
SHADOWdump is obviously up to something. I'm debating whether or not he's capable enough to pull off a Spore Spreader fakeclaim. [...] SHADOWdump is at the top but I'm wrangling with whether or not it's a good idea to get him lynched.
I'm right here with you. He seems like the right D1 lynch, except for the fact that he seems too obviously like an ideal D1 lynch. I would not oppose his hanging, but I feel there's more to his story than he's letting on (unwittingly or not). I'd prefer to find a scummier one, and keep him in the backburner until we've got more data.

Mysteriousbluepuppet never answered why he was voting Solifuge despite being available, so he's at the top of the lurker list for me even though there are probably more egregious examples out there.
Both MBP and Solifuge are suspicious to me at the moment. Neither has been useful, both have a history of spreading mischief when allowed to lurk, and both their arguments are vacuous.

webadict can do whatever the hell he wants because he's webadict. He's impossible to get any useful information out of, even with the most stubborn questioning
This seems very similar to Janus's original point about Org, and yours about Shadowdump, without the variable of him not knowing what he's doing -- he most certainly does. Thus, until I hear more details from him that convince me otherwise, I'm thinking Webadict is our correct target for the day one lynch,
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2010, 03:30:45 am »

Well peeps, I'm back, and wow, Orger than Org... I feel so proud.

But ask yourselves.

Who the hell would do this?

-Spore spreader, sure... And if I am then you guys did the worst thing possible potentially.
-Dopp, that's alot of attention garnered. Even a tough one wouldn't shrug that off.
-Alien of any type, see dopp.
-townie power, why?
-basic townie, WHY?

Basically, it doesn't matter who I am. The point is, I'm playing the way I want to. Possibly like no-one else can or will. Go ahead and lynch if you feel the need, but it'll give you just about as much information as anybody else.

So far, I'm having a boatload of fun. But I'll agree, I'm not working quite like a town so far. So I'll try to go back to my original plan of playing this game as properly as possible while limiting myself to as few words as possible per post if you let me, since it's very enjoyable trying to go for word economy.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2010, 03:38:08 am »

Why do you care, Zathras?
Because I do care, Jim darling, your interpretations may or may not be good, accurate or incisive, but they're bound to be interesting. C'mon! Give us them pearls of wisdom, man! Or should I post a limerick?

Don't be flippant; it was a serious question. Why do you care what I think of you? And it doesn't have to be specifically me. Why do you care what anyone thinks of you? Since you asked you're clearly interested in it on some level.

What other people think of you is not a very good thing to be interested in, because you appear to be less interested in finding scum and more interested in not getting lynched. Dead ringer for scum.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2010, 03:41:18 am »

Pandar, I know the posting has been furious, and it would be unfair for me to accuse you of lurking at this point, so I'll Unvote you for now... but please do answer my original RV question:

Pandarsenic, how lurky or active should we expect you to be this week and the coming weekend? If you don't live up to your answer, should we policy-lynch you?

I intend to be inactive:
While sleeping
While in classes
While doing other things

I intend to lurk (that is, read without posting):
Never, you tardfaces

Any further questions?

Re If I care it's SHAD0Wdump doing it:
No, it's weird behavior (confessed by him to be nontownlike in his last post) and I suspect him of trying to make us think he's attempting reverse psychology on us by going "I'M A SPORE SPREADER BUT DON'T LYNCH ME."

I've made my opinion on people fucking with the town quite clear in the past and I think that SHAD0Wdump doesn't deserve special treatment. He makes his scumgame better by making his towngame worse (THREE WORDS/POST LIMIT HURRRRRRRR) and I'm having none of it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2010, 03:46:26 am »

Re If I care it's SHAD0Wdump doing it:
No, it's weird behavior (confessed by him to be nontownlike in his last post) and I suspect him of trying to make us think he's attempting reverse psychology on us by going "I'M A SPORE SPREADER BUT DON'T LYNCH ME."

I've made my opinion on people fucking with the town quite clear in the past and I think that SHAD0Wdump doesn't deserve special treatment. He makes his scumgame better by making his towngame worse (THREE WORDS/POST LIMIT HURRRRRRRR) and I'm having none of it.

This is pretty convincing.

Unvote Squirtle Squirtle Squirtle. SHADOWdump.

Who the hell would do this?

Wait, are you trying to scare us into not voting you? But that's what you want, right?

Brilliant or stupid. I don't know which.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:48 am »

But I'm not scum, and I'm not SporeSpreader.

;D

But seriously, all this talk about me has put me in a really silly mood, stop egging me on or I'm automatically calling you scum.
That's right, I am a scum-dar now!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2010, 03:48:59 am »

But I'm not scum, and I'm not SporeSpreader.

;D

But seriously, all this talk about me has put me in a really silly mood, stop egging me on or I'm automatically calling you scum.
That's right, I am a scum-dar now!

On a scale of "One" to "A good way to change people's minds about you," this is not a good way to change people's minds about you.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 66