Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230052 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 hates the government
« Reply #615 on: November 26, 2010, 08:07:11 pm »

And before anyone suggests I'm the exterminator because I was blocked, you better explain why I was so eager to post that PM, and why I went along with Zathras's plan, among other things.

Why are you preemptively defending yourself from an accusation that nobody has leveled against you? You could have had that PM exchange to fool everybody, for all I know.
Because that's how everyone found Pandar, and because I didn't know that exterminators have natural mind shields.
What with Leafsnail hating on me as much as he can, I figured that's what he would claim next.

But if you go out of your way to defend yourself from accusations that haven't occurred yet, you look jumpy. Jumpy people look like they have something to hide, so jumpy people look scummy.

Since you knew exactly what you were going to say to defend yourself, why did you bring it up in the first place? Since you were prepared, why not just wait for the accusation to come?

Hmm... what was it you said yesterday again?
Why did you flip the fuck out over it in the first place?

Blah blah overreactions are scummy blah blah.

True fact: Whenever I go blah blah blah in the middle of a post it means I don't take what I say very seriously. Usually I do it to represent what I think somebody would say if they wanted to be unreasonable or stubborn or idiotic.

Also, it's not an overreaction to express how much of an idiot I think you are. That's a favor.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 26, 2010, 08:10:12 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Leafsnail
Leafsnail: Jim Groovester
Ottofar: JanusTwoface, KaminaSquirtle

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 26, 2010, 08:24:43 pm »

And before anyone suggests I'm the exterminator because I was blocked, you better explain why I was so eager to post that PM, and why I went along with Zathras's plan, among other things.

Why are you preemptively defending yourself from an accusation that nobody has leveled against you? You could have had that PM exchange to fool everybody, for all I know.
Because that's how everyone found Pandar, and because I didn't know that exterminators have natural mind shields.
What with Leafsnail hating on me as much as he can, I figured that's what he would claim next.

But if you go out of your way to defend yourself from accusations that haven't occurred yet, you look jumpy. Jumpy people look like they have something to hide, so jumpy people look scummy.

Since you knew exactly what you were going to say to defend yourself, why did you bring it up in the first place? Since you were prepared, why not just wait for the accusation to come?
Because, to me, it seemed obvious that someone would accuse me of that, and it's fun to preemptively point out someone's plan.
Obviously I was wrong.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 26, 2010, 08:27:24 pm »

Heh.  Your interest in the scenario is apparently only piqued, but you're still pursuing it.  Just as you did yesterday, and as you will continue to do from this point on.

The very fact you even attacked Zathras in the first place when you knew he'd have a chance to prove himself if he were town is ridiculously scummy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 26, 2010, 08:45:43 pm »

Hmm.  Zath's clearly not a dopp, and I tend to buy his warden claim.  I have trouble seeing a Kamina/Zath exty-op combo, so I'll have to ponder Kamina's case.  In the mean time...

Ottofar:
Well.
I guess Pandar might be a dopp. Not too sure.
Zathras, as stated, is probably an alien.
I'm gonna go sleep.
This post demands explanation.
While you're explaining it, please tell me if this explanation makes sense to you:  You're an Alien Survivor who used Pandar's obvscumminess as an opportunity to come out to the scum team so you can help them win at LYLO.

Mish hasn't posted since the 19th, and probably needs to be replaced.

MBP has no such excuse.  You're willfully ignoring this thread since you were just on the forum.  Get in here or die.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 27, 2010, 03:55:04 pm »

Thank you Kamina for posting that; I'm glad we can move on.

Webadict:

You are still at the top of my list. Your game has done nothing to help town; your posts have been devoid of content or hunting, except for attacking the one person who was attacking you; your attitude yesterday was suspicious; and your activity minimal, posting only often enough to not be accused of lurking, and yet doing next to nothing in those posts. I am pretty sure you are scum.

Janus & Jim:

I don't buy that either of you is town. Jim, your eagerness to jump on my case as the day started is scummy, and revealed suspicious knowledge: how did you know I didn't block Janus? Yes, I read your explanation, and I don't buy it. It seems you have other means of communication, and we know what that means.

Janus, your killing of Org was suspicious, as I said, plus your request to be blocked; your "missing" the point of Jim's first message of the day adds to this. I am not sure you are scum, but you are high on my list of possibilities.

More substance on both of these will come later in the game day, I'm busy now.

Mish & MBP:

MOD: I strongly request a forced replace or modkill for these two. People lurking for a couple of days is a challenge that the town must spot and stop. People not posting in a fucking week is something the Mod should remedy.

But we can make it easier for you: replacements are hard to come by, and someone replacing MBP would face 600 posts and the town's animosity; since he's posting elsewhere, his lurking is the activity of scum, and should just hang for it instead of going through the replacement pains. I will support a lynch of MysteriousBluePuppet if people decide to go for it. I think Web is scummier, but MBP's absence hurts the game more. Hanging either of these scumbags is OK with me.

Even if he comes back now, it is too late for him. I would go as far as to suggest people here who host their own games to remember his attitude this game and prevent him from joining games in the future. If only we had some sort of a thread to help mods keep track of people's attendance... but we don't seem to want that either.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #621 on: November 27, 2010, 04:03:43 pm »

Mod: Have Mish and MBP been prodded at all?

Just to rule out MBP legitimately forgetting this game exists, or something.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 27, 2010, 05:57:00 pm »

Both have been prodded. Mish has not responded, so I'm doing a forced replace of him.

Replacement requested for Mish
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement requested
« Reply #623 on: November 27, 2010, 09:11:04 pm »

This made me pretty damn suspicious of him, and made me expect that he'd try to fakeclaim something. So then when the day finally came around, there was no Exterminator kill, and since I suspected him of being the Exterminator, I was half-expecting that Zathras was going to claim that he blocked the Exterminator which would have been ridiculous and would have clinched it that he was a lying fakeclaimer who should be lynched immediately. So I came out swinging today.
So you jumped the gun somewhat more extensively than the times you've claimed others have done the same as you? At this point, I don't think you'd be crazy enough to try what I'm guessing, but that doesn't mean it doesn't seem suspicious.

Oh hey, it's day 3.

Lurkers best stop lurking, soon.

... <snip> ...
This is a *very* active lurky post. 

I went back and the last time you really pushed for anything would have been on Nov 21 (if you can find a newer post link me to it). Pretty much everything since then has been vague meta-commentary on how roles work, when games are active, and the like not really adding anything new to the conversation.

Active lurking == scummy.  You == active lurking.  Ergo, you are scummy. Behind Ottofar. Wish we had more than one lynch. :-\

While you're explaining it, please tell me if this explanation makes sense to you:  You're an Alien Survivor who used Pandar's obvscumminess as an opportunity to come out to the scum team so you can help them win at LYLO.
If Ottofar is a Survivor, he's really bad at it. Why would he try to defend Pandarsenic? If he was going to try to work with the Dopps, he could have done that before the lynch. I think he's just scum (and bad at that as well).

Janus, your killing of Org was suspicious, as I said, plus your request to be blocked; your "missing" the point of Jim's first message of the day adds to this. I am not sure you are scum, but you are high on my list of possibilities.
I didn't miss the point of his first post of the day, I missed the first post of the page here. It wasn't until later that he actually explained that he was assuming that you had gone off on your own because there was no Exterminator kill. So really you're going after me for the Org thing and ... what else? Nothing really.

I still don't get the bit why you wouldn't actually want to block me if you thought I was scum. It's not like you have a physical role that would set off a PWV (if I were lying, but that would mean someone else killed Org and hasn't claimed it...).

But we can make it easier for you: replacements are hard to come by, and someone replacing MBP would face 600 posts and the town's animosity; since he's posting elsewhere, his lurking is the activity of scum, and should just hang for it instead of going through the replacement pains. I will support a lynch of MysteriousBluePuppet if people decide to go for it. I think Web is scummier, but MBP's absence hurts the game more. Hanging either of these scumbags is OK with me.
If you want him lynched, vote for him. Hanging back until you see a consensus is scummy, even in a case like this. I'd rather see Ottofar either contribute something that isn't scummy or hang first.

Especially if you think of this: There are three dopps left. You think webadict is scummy enough to vote for and "don't buy that either of [Jim or I] is town" and yet you still are okay with a MBP lynch.  Why is this?  Because it really looks like you just want to get a lynch through on someone and don't particularly care who.  Either that or you really think that you have the entire Dopp team + the Exterminator nailed down (pro tip: in any game, if you think this you're either scum or wrong 95% of the time)

Even if he comes back now, it is too late for him. I would go as far as to suggest people here who host their own games to remember his attitude this game and prevent him from joining games in the future. If only we had some sort of a thread to help mods keep track of people's attendance... but we don't seem to want that either.
Not really going to help this game... But it's something to consider.

MOD(s): Could you mark in the OP who's up for replacement? I'm 95% sure it's only Mish right now, but it would be easier if there were a list.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 27, 2010, 10:02:33 pm »

More substance on both of these will come later in the game day, I'm busy now.

So, should I be waiting for this? It's a waste of time for me to be waiting for something that will never come, but it's also a waste of time for me to respond to your worthless single line accusation that I already answered to somebody else if you have other stuff you want to bring to the table.

But I'm impatient.

I don't buy that either of you is town. Jim, your eagerness to jump on my case as the day started is scummy, and revealed suspicious knowledge: how did you know I didn't block Janus? Yes, I read your explanation, and I don't buy it. It seems you have other means of communication, and we know what that means.

This is moronic.

When you say things like this:

No, I'll decide what to do later, and we'll see where that leaves us tomorrow, but I'll only dance this dance once. The purpose of the power is not to dick about with it where it does no good, it's to prevent kills as it did last night. If you guys wish to lynch me for it, then go ahead, we'll discuss that when the time comes.

I assume you are not going to follow along with the plan.

But no, you are right. The only plausible explanation for why I came out voting for you today is because I read about it in scumchat, instead of the astronomically improbable explanation that when you defiantly stated you were not going to follow the plan I believed you.

To put it bluntly, Zathras, why are you being retarded? You don't have to believe what I say, but you do need to think it through. Why is it so improbable that I believed you when you were being a defiant fucker about being confirmed?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 27, 2010, 10:10:10 pm »

No, I'll decide what to do later, and we'll see where that leaves us tomorrow, but I'll only dance this dance once. The purpose of the power is not to dick about with it where it does no good, it's to prevent kills as it did last night. If you guys wish to lynch me for it, then go ahead, we'll discuss that when the time comes.
He never said he wouldn't follow the plan.  Just that he'd "decide what to do later".

So where does "defiantly stated you were not going to follow the plan" come from?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 28, 2010, 12:11:52 am »

That sounds like a big "Fuck you!" to the people who wanted to confirm him.

Thanks for interjecting on Zathras' behalf. Again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 28, 2010, 12:32:46 am »

Janus:
If Ottofar is a Survivor, he's really bad at it. Why would he try to defend Pandarsenic? If he was going to try to work with the Dopps, he could have done that before the lynch. I think he's just scum (and bad at that as well).
I can't guess his motivation- that is why I asked him for an explanation.  I'm quite interested in hearing it.

Let's go back to an old favorite while I wait for him to reply.

Kamina:
As for my suspicions, Ottofar and Leafsnail top the list for me.  Mish and MBP's lurking has me worried though.  If they don't come out of the woodwork and start contributing soon, my vote will shift to one of them.

Ottofar is my vote for now, as there a possibility that Leafsnail is just raging townie who is absolutely convinced that JTF and I are scum.
Speaking of that, do you still think I'm scum after what happened last night with Zathras, Leafsnail?
You neglect to mention WHY you're voting him.  I read back quite a ways and never saw you express a suspicion of him, so I must ask why you think so now.  I also note you're leaving a convenient out for your suspicions of Leafsnail, in case he turns town on you.

Meph:  Requesting prod on Webadict and Ottofar as well- neither have posted since day start.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 28, 2010, 12:47:23 am »

You neglect to mention WHY you're voting him.  I read back quite a ways and never saw you express a suspicion of him, so I must ask why you think so now.  I also note you're leaving a convenient out for your suspicions of Leafsnail, in case he turns town on you.
I didn't?  Hmm.
Well, it's because he's pretty much contributed nothing, and what he has posted looks awfully scummy.  Not much else to it.  I didn't have too much to go on this day start.  Obviously my vote hasn't really gotten much (any) reaction from him yet, as I had hoped.

As for Leafsnail, he's starting to look less and less scum to me.  He has been a bit reactionary and tunnely, but I've been realizing that's just how he is.

However, he still hasn't answered my question:  Does he still find me scum after the Zathras stuff tonight?  What would that mean to the situation as a whole?

I'm too tired to formulate a proper analysis right now, but JTF and Jim have been posting some interesting stuff.  My vote may be changing soon.  I just need to make sure I've thought everything over.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 28, 2010, 01:35:41 am »

As for Leafsnail, he's starting to look less and less scum to me.  He has been a bit reactionary and tunnely, but I've been realizing that's just how he is.

Maybe you should wait for the roleflip before you make any judgments about his playstyle.

Leafsnail has had absolutely no variation in his suspicions throughout the whole game. He's been calling you and JTF obvscum since Day 1. Obvscum. This has apparently been clear to him and nobody else. And this is all for stuff you and JTF did early on in Day 1, completely ignoring everything else you and JTF have done since then and completely ignoring everybody else.

Does this really seem like something a townie would do? Make up his mind early on Day 1, and then never change his mind, or even his focus?

No, Leafsnail is scum.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 66