Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229310 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 4 is shadow and light
« Reply #885 on: December 07, 2010, 04:10:43 pm »

An Advanced Mind Shield could be turned off for a night (as could a regular Tech mindshield, but not a natural one). However, that would have to be stated without knowing whether or not they'll be targeted that night.
That's sensical.  Makes it rather worthless for Zathras to target Leafsnail though. Hmm. 

I'm right there with you on Toaster, hard to test for, though; less so on Leaf, but it's certainly plausible.
Not really hard to test, if he was lying he's the last Dopp.  Just block him or lynch him tomorrow.
Well, yeah; if Arg flips town that is a valid test. I rather meant it would be hard to test if Arg flips as the last dopp, as we all seem to think he will.
But if he flips Dopp, that means that Toaster isn't.  It'd be really stupid at this point for town to lie, so that'd mean that he's the Exterminator.  In which case, he didn't lie on any case except maybe Dariush being his Operative, because the rest were confirmed by who would then have to be town.  And if that's the case, then we can theoretically lynch/block Toaster. If the game doesn't end with his death then Dariush is the Operative...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 07, 2010, 04:13:23 pm »

Well, if I'm not getting blocked tonight, I do know who I am investigating.  I'll PM the name to someone I trust in the night.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 07, 2010, 04:14:20 pm »

Quick note, since rereading that I can see a part that could cause confusion.

Advanced Mind Shields require that the person has a natural mind shield. If an Advanced Mind Shield is turned off it reverts to the basic natural mind shield.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #888 on: December 07, 2010, 04:18:25 pm »

Well, if I'm not getting blocked tonight, I do know who I am investigating.  I'll PM the name to someone I trust in the night.
I would actually suggest that everyone (well, the people with night actions) do this if they don't mind.  Basically, it will give us a way to still get some information if they die and can allow us to keep them at least somewhat honest.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 07, 2010, 04:26:27 pm »

Meph, the Exterminator Mind Shield is classified as a natural one then, right?

There would be no reason for the Exterminator to ever turn off his Advanced Mind Shield.

KaminaSquirtle, if I were the Exterminator, why would I claim Kook? Of aaaaaaall potential roles I could choose, why would I pick the worst one ever?
It seriously looks like you could've copied this from the mafiascum wiki page for "WIFOM" then added then added in the relevant details.

The answer is very simple: So you'd be able to say
If I were the Exterminator, why would I claim Kook? Of aaaaaaall potential roles I could choose, why would I pick the worst one ever?

I mean, if you have a modulator, you can make yourself appear as any role.  If you don't, well, you're screwed if you're inspected whatever role you chose, so why not pick a super-WIFOM one?

With clever editing I could say the exact same thing about your role. I mean, Survivor with a Mind Shield just screams Exterminator trying to fake claim.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 07, 2010, 04:37:02 pm »

Meph, the Exterminator Mind Shield is classified as a natural one then, right?

Correct.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 07, 2010, 04:42:41 pm »

One more, then: Meph, does the alien survivor get a natural mind shield?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 07, 2010, 05:02:46 pm »

One more, then: Meph, does the alien survivor get a natural mind shield?

They can, but it's not guaranteed.
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 07, 2010, 05:29:00 pm »

With clever editing I could say the exact same thing about your role. I mean, Survivor with a Mind Shield just screams Exterminator trying to fake claim.
Yeah, but I haven't been WIFOMing my ass off about it in the same way you have.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 07, 2010, 08:31:28 pm »

C'mon, end the day already! I have stuff I need to go do, but I don't want to miss the roleflip! It's not like there's a lot of discussion that would be cut off; we're talked out, and night actions will depend on the flip.

Sorry, just being impatient...
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 07, 2010, 08:42:52 pm »

The Whiteboard
Argembarger: JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, KaminaSquirtle, Leafsnail, Toaster, Zathras
Jim Groovester : Dariush

Kamina picks up the shotgun and turns to face Argembarger.

"Sorry. I...uh...really hope you're dopp!" he stammers out.

"I hate you all" hisses Argembarger. As Kamina levels the shotgun he rushes forward. Kamina yelps and staggers backwards as Arg slashes at him, long talons sprouting from his fingertips.

Kamina smashes him in the face with the butt of the shotgun. The monster growls in pain, clutching at it's face. Moving quickly Kamina then fires off the gun into its belly.

The smooth face of a doppelganger is revealed as Argembarger slumps to the ground.

"I hope the aliens fry you all" he burbles, dark blood flowing down from his mouth. "If I could, I'd kill you all myself.".

"Oh, shut up" Kamina blasts him in the head with the shotgun. "Vengeful creature, wasn't it?" He asks, looking a bit shaken up.

Happy, relieved, and a bit shocked at how the day ended you all head off for home. The nightmare is almost over. Assuming you live long enough to deal with the final threat, at least.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Night 4
« Reply #896 on: December 10, 2010, 11:13:23 am »

You gather again, the few of you that are left.

KaminaSquirtle, however, fails to show up. Glumly you head off towards his house.

The place is empty. His door was unlocked, but there are no signs of him or any struggle inside. Strange. Looking around you do find some clues as to what he did. Lots of pictures of him in a security uniform, and even a few ‘Employee of the year’ placards hanging up on the wall. Reading one of them, you see that he was known for being a very Observant Guard.

Zathras speaks up. "I...may now know where he died". He leads you back to his house.

There on the ground behind his house you find the body of KaminaSquirtle. He has a large hole burned through his chest, and a look of fear on his face.

"I'll explain when we get back." He says, sadly.

Sighing at the loss of such an upstanding citizen you head back to the courthouse.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Come play Mafia with us!

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 5
« Reply #897 on: December 10, 2010, 11:22:07 am »

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for that meddling chains flavor!
(Congrats, Zath ;D)

//Argembarger shuffles off his mortal coils and his spirit drifts lazily in the void//
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 10, 2010, 11:43:47 am »

Jim is indeed a Townsperson.

What'd you find out, Zath?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 10, 2010, 12:08:50 pm »

Bla-bla-bla ethereal chains wrap around your limbs bla-bla-bla
Hey, proof enough that I'm not exty?

So, the list of suspicions boils down to JTF, Toaster and Leafsnail.
Toaster, what did you find out?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 66