Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drunk Dwarves?  (Read 783 times)

ToothedCube

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Rogueish charm]
    • View Profile
Drunk Dwarves?
« on: November 10, 2010, 06:17:17 am »

So I've started a new fort, and i was looking at my new batch of migrants, when I saw this guy:

and as the image shows, i can't assign him jobs, and he doesn't go into any assigned burrows.
Is this a common occurance? What should I do with him?

EDIT: I've also found a couple of other dorfs with similarly uncommon job titles
A thief
URL=http://img87.imageshack.us/i/thiefy.jpg/][/URL]

and someone called a "hunting Peasant"

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:26:13 am by ToothedCube »

Kurouma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 06:26:10 am »

What version are you running? Migrants were bugged in this way recently but have since been fixed.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 08:20:12 am »

I can smell a new "feature". Dude, this is awesome! A a dwarf that's  recovering drunk (I wonder what that would mean in DF), a hunter that can double as a nice hauler, and a friggin THIEF!!! Apparently, your fortress has become a penitentiary.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 08:39:56 am »

You are using an outdated version of DF. This is fixed in the latest version, 31.16.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 08:40:21 am »

They are like nobles, just without mandates.  I recommendatory Magmatic happiness.  Also Clowns...
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."