Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Whats your Definition?  (Read 4757 times)

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
Re: Whats your Definition?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 11:31:38 am »

Dungeon Keeper meets The Sims.

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
  • Diabeetus makes you sleepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 01:53:33 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is the only game in the world that fully emulates an entity on the very brink of complete insanity.
DF as a game is the equivalent of sitting down and having a conversation with the homeless guy in the park who screams about flying children trying to rip his skin off.
Sigged

:D

Can I sig :D

"DF as a game is the equivalent of sitting down and having a conversation with the homeless guy in the park who screams about flying children trying to rip his skin off. "

I'm fine with it, but I don't know if there is some ethical code where only one person can sig the same phrase. Supposing ordak doesn't mind, I don't see why not.  :D

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 01:57:06 pm »

I once heard DF described along the lines of "like The Sims, except instead of buying a couch, everyone dies."
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 09:24:38 am »

Dwarf Fortress... defining it could well be a small gamemode.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 09:29:55 am »

I once heard DF described along the lines of "like The Sims, except instead of buying a couch, everyone dies."

Isn't that the definition of the Sims anyway?
Pages: 1 2 [3]