Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: DFusion - a lua based plugin system (integrated into DFHack)  (Read 143959 times)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system (integrated into DFHack)
« Reply #540 on: January 08, 2012, 05:58:20 pm »

Has anyone written there a Leaving Your Fort on Autopilot for Dummies guide?  I just want to let my fort keep running while I go adventuring and start other forts.  I never was able to do this with DFusion when I tried a while back.

Also, is this all going to be significantly screwed up by the new release?
1. AFAIK impossible changing into adventure mode stops everything.
2. Yes it will be screwed quite significantly. But not as much as dfusion (old one) or spellcraft(dead with one version change :/ )

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 09, 2012, 11:08:50 am »

Has anyone written there a Leaving Your Fort on Autopilot for Dummies guide?  I just want to let my fort keep running while I go adventuring and start other forts.  I never was able to do this with DFusion when I tried a while back.

Also, is this all going to be significantly screwed up by the new release?
1. AFAIK impossible changing into adventure mode stops everything.
2. Yes it will be screwed quite significantly. But not as much as dfusion (old one) or spellcraft(dead with one version change :/ )
Well you can't get the fort to continue working on making metal swords when you switch over to adventure mode but you can set up a main hall where every one spawned will walk towards.

1/12/12 edit Here's a unfinished dump of my work so far, made for genesis 3.25k(which is really outdated)
Please be warned most of the lua functions are buggy and will kill FPS faster than opening hell.
The stuff that are accessible is the fort mode lever functions one being able to turn an iron statue into 5 different items. Though 2 only have effects that either give you free meat, or kill your fort from all the dead pile around.

the file is here
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:31:02 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

EngineerFromHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 11, 2012, 02:35:44 am »

If I want a multiracial military I should run friendship pre-embark? Or friendship and migrants? Or there's no way at all for that?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 11, 2012, 05:53:10 am »

Run friendship (migrants too if you want to have multirace migrants coming) and if there is no other race creatures in military list (dunno why but sometimes it happens) try tool->set race and change "main" race to something else (e.g. TROLL) set squads and then (optionally) set it back.

EngineerFromHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 11, 2012, 06:21:06 am »

Run friendship (migrants too if you want to have multirace migrants coming) and if there is no other race creatures in military list (dunno why but sometimes it happens) try tool->set race and change "main" race to something else (e.g. TROLL) set squads and then (optionally) set it back.
Even after that there's no other race units in military list.
Should I run friendship pre- or postembark?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:26:58 am by EngineerFromHell »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 11, 2012, 07:42:34 am »

Even after that there's no other race units in military list.
Should I run friendship pre- or postembark?
pre-embark

EngineerFromHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 11, 2012, 08:21:00 am »

Well, it finally works in new world, but I still can't create squad out of creatures obtained after embark through Runesmith (Human caravan guards and serpent man, for example), maybe it doesn't display some flags?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 11, 2012, 10:42:26 am »

Well, it finally works in new world, but I still can't create squad out of creatures obtained after embark through Runesmith (Human caravan guards and serpent man, for example), maybe it doesn't display some flags?
That's because if their not migrants, or born into the civ, they would be lock out of access the noble selections and being a leader to a military group is part of it.
you need to make dwarf(normal) leaders that has a multirace squadmembers for it to work (now), or make the new converted men and women have children so the children could be enlisted.
"body swapping and YOU!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 11, 2012, 10:45:08 am »

That's where the half-breed problem crops up.

EngineerFromHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 11, 2012, 11:04:41 am »

That's because if their not migrants, or born into the civ, they would be lock out of access the noble selections and being a leader to a military group is part of it.
you need to make dwarf(normal) leaders that has a multirace squadmembers for it to work (now), or make the new converted men and women have children so the children could be enlisted.
But I can't add them even to squad with dwarven leader, they're simply not in the list.
Also, is there some way to deal with tile occupancy bug?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:27:05 pm by EngineerFromHell »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 11, 2012, 04:38:04 pm »

That's where the half-breed problem crops up.
well the half breed issue comes from the facial(random generated) descriptions of the two creatures are different and the game calling for one set while looking at a creature who set up with something different.
The theory is that if you get two races with the same randomgen part DF won't see there's a problem all allow you to look into it. What IamanElfCollaborator did was prove that the game won't do this in a natural birth and use the mother side info for the baby until what ever you did to cause it to stop. I still don't know how you done it either so I chalk this up to high level random event that might advance !!SCIENCE!! and lead to horrible hybrid babies on command.
"body swapping and YOU!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 12, 2012, 04:11:36 am »

I know THAT,but the effort needed to have children, not to mention the fact that some may make half-breeds, and also that there is a SLIGHT chance of world crashing after the birth, makes waiting for the converted people non-viable.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48:36 am »

the game crashing after the birth is a new one.
usually when I get past one step I just save scum the hell out of the results so that if I screw up some where down the line I can go back a save.
But I can't add them even to squad with dwarven leader, they're simply not in the list.
Also, is there some way to deal with tile occupancy bug?
had you tried checking if they have: "is resident" flag check off, The Tame flag check off, have the civ number correct to the civ your in, a dwarf in the leaders spot.
have you gone into the miltary screen and on the select member screen use dfusion to change who running the Civ?

you could also change them(the beast) to the civ race(dwarf) add them to the list then change their race back.
Oh and make sure all custom race are added to the friendship race.txt before using it or you'll end up losing access to playing with them and might autodoom a fort that way.

okay what is this Tile occupancy bug?
"body swapping and YOU!"

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 24, 2012, 12:18:08 pm »

Big bump, how do I use the Embark plugin to choose castes of whichever race I want? Example: I play the Fallout:Equestria mod, wherein the author used hundreds of castes to get the right cutie marks. How would I pick which ponies I want?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 02, 2013, 09:45:28 pm »

AFAIK impossible changing into adventure mode stops everything.
Well you can't get the fort to continue working on making metal swords when you switch over to adventure mode but you can set up a main hall where every one spawned will walk towards.

I also just want to "retire" my old fort while leaving behind living dwarves (or whatever) and have the fort continue to be a part of my race's civilization, while I either go adventuring or start a new embark. Basically, I REALLY want a "legacy" game. I understand the old fort will not keep running while adventuring, but that does not matter to me.

Please, would you explain how to "set up a main hall where every one spawned will walk towards"?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38