Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: DFusion - a lua based plugin system (integrated into DFHack)  (Read 143644 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.6
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2010, 06:32:31 pm »

and I can't get -f to work either (It fails on Creature Gloss)  I assume the adventure changing issue was because of the Offset labeld "Adv" something or other... anyone have that offset for .18?
The reason it's failing at Creature Gloss is because you're running -f at the title screen. That won't work, you're supposed to do it in-game in either adventure mode or fortress mode. Anyway, try the offsets darius provided.

Code: [Select]
CreatureGloss : 0x12e5370
CreaturePtr : 0xacf848
CreatureVec : 0x12df5a0
CurrentRace : 0x10cdaf0
StartDwarfs : 0x4f87e2

just checked the .18 version and OH my same problem. looks like DFusion needs a .18 update.
shame to
That's strange, it works for me.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2010, 06:44:30 pm »

I have those already,  but like I said I still can't get adventurer offset (Which I assume is required for the Body-swap to arm companions)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2010, 06:57:43 pm »

It had a .18 update...
First "-f" goes into commandline (win+r, cmd, cd to path, dfusion -f) second this needs to be done when df is in game (or at least in choose embark location).
Third the adv mode change is bugged. (Gets the wrong address just noticed it myself) Have it fixed but need to fix few other things...
Quick fix would be:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2010, 06:59:47 pm »

So -f doesn't work when playing Adventure Mode?  (I was getting the creature gloss failure while running DfFusion -f with an adventurer loaded up.)

Okay time to go add those lines, thank you Darius

edit: Add the entire line? or just add the "break" after the line?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:02:32 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2010, 07:05:56 pm »

So -f doesn't work when playing Adventure Mode?  (I was getting the creature gloss failure while running DfFusion -f with an adventurer loaded up.)

Okay time to go add those lines, thank you Darius

edit: Add the entire line? or just add the "break" after the line?
just break
Oh and i am not sure about "-f" in adv mode.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2010, 07:11:26 pm »

Oh and i am not sure about "-f" in adv mode.
It does work. Just tested it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2010, 07:24:36 pm »

It does work. Just tested it.

You playing modded or vanilla?

Also, probably something that I should also have asked prior, does DfFusion still work if it's in a different directory than DF itself? or do I need to toss it in with DF.exe being in the folder one-up from DfFusion (like how SoundSense worked/works)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:30:03 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2010, 07:30:37 pm »

Hmm theoretically modded could ruin the "-f" to be precise creature_gloss lookup. It depends that first creature is TOAD.
Just paste this into offsets.txt in case of modded .18 (SDL)
Code: [Select]
CreatureGloss : 0x12e5370
CreaturePtr : 0xacf848
CreatureVec : 0x12df5a0
CurrentRace : 0x10cdaf0
StartDwarfs : 0x4f87e2
and do not run the "-f" as it will fail and delete good values.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:33:27 pm by darius »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2010, 07:47:21 pm »

It was modded, Deon's Genesis mod. I got the values without any problems.

I just tested vanilla now as a human and, huh, it doesn't get Creature Gloss in Adventure mode. Then I tried it again as a dwarf and it worked. That's odd.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2010, 08:27:24 pm »

I after looking at the code for swapping I wonder in a "non-coder layman's" term way how adventurer swapping worked.
Does it boot out the original character and insert the name and number the creature playing?(if so then that would explain why traveling out{with a different body} would lead to a random character... the game must have a extra piece of code that searches for either the number/name of either the last character or the adventurer the game started with, but seems to fail at that so it goes and selects the closest one.).

also I only modded in Bronze Colossi and some reactions and all seem fine except for the adventurer Reactions. which seems to fail.
bummer.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 08:38:58 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2010, 09:05:22 pm »

I after looking at the code for swapping I wonder in a "non-coder layman's" term way how adventurer swapping worked.
Does it boot out the original character and insert the name and number the creature playing?(if so then that would explain why traveling out{with a different body} would lead to a random character... the game must have a extra piece of code that searches for either the number/name of either the last character or the adventurer the game started with, but seems to fail at that so it goes and selects the closest one.).

also I only modded in Bronze Colossi and some reactions and all seem fine except for the adventurer Reactions. which seems to fail.
bummer.
"non-coder layman's" first do you know pointers if yes skip this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My program just loads all the creatures vector (an array of creatures, or just list) but df keeps only pointers of them. I switch the first one with selected and voila: you have a different body, switch back and you have your own body again. I guess what happens if you leave with other creature is that df tries saving you, but your body has no "adventurer data" or "legends info" or something like that (todo try to posses a historical figure and leave) and then fails. Why it jumps around when you leave is a mystery to me...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2010, 07:38:42 am »

well that explains it.
the characters don't have historical/adventure data on them when traveled will cause the game to search for the nearest one who close to it, like a crundle or a demon underground.

also the time spent not as your adventurer would count that as him/her as retired and the days spent away would start the adventurer dodads and crafting addons to stuff which if one wants to go into crafting biz that's a sure fire way to do it.
sucks that all my utilities I think except for tweak don't work on .18

edit:oh and some how your companions will leave you if you stay to far gone in a different body weird too as the body swap list is all I had for finding folks in towns and that's not saying much when many tend to have same names.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:25:48 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2010, 12:08:31 pm »

I saw someone mentioning -f only worked when used on a dwarven adventurer, that might also explain the problem I have with being unable to swap/equip my companions, the character I'm playing as is an Elf, and currently all my companions for them are the "Marsh Dwarf" Trader civ I modded in.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2010, 10:00:56 am »

nah doesn't work.
I even updated the version from 1.5 to 1.6 and still doesn't work, and played as a dwarf.
edit: some how testing this in fort mode lead to access to adventure mode swapping.
but does it have to ask for a Race of char?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:13:51 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2010, 06:41:17 am »

nah doesn't work.
I even updated the version from 1.5 to 1.6 and still doesn't work, and played as a dwarf.
edit: some how testing this in fort mode lead to access to adventure mode swapping.
but does it have to ask for a Race of char?
It should ask it only once (for every time it does not detect offset in offsets.txt) but due to a logical bug (program never really quits) it never saves the file. That's why you need to ask for race every time.

There. Should be fixed+ scripts (although i forgot to document how to use them :/ )
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:09:58 am by darius »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38