Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: DFusion - a lua based plugin system (integrated into DFHack)  (Read 143906 times)

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.8
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2010, 04:28:27 pm »

I tried running DFusion on both .17 and .18 (SDL).
Embark anywhere works fine on both.
But when I try to run Embark, I get this:
plugins/embark/plugin.lua:9: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got function)
So...How do I get it working?

Thanks in advance!
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.9
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2010, 04:47:28 pm »

My bad. Should be fixed now.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2010, 10:20:16 pm »

anyway to make a plugin or tool that will allow you to replace missing bodyparts (or ones still there) for a certain creature with the orginal tissue or something else (like a milita commmander with a clear diamond eye and a steel arm and leg), and a plugin or tool to add special tags to a certain creature (not race) so say you have the only flying fire breathing cat in the world. Also I updated my guide

EDIT: or a HEAL ALL tool

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2010, 01:22:34 am »

I wonder do scripts work with adventurer swap?
If so then maybe there a way to write a script that plays everytime I travel.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2010, 02:38:27 am »

no, currently scripts have no way to trigger. This is only usefull when you need more then one command.

anyway to make a plugin or tool that will allow you to replace missing bodyparts (or ones still there) for a certain creature with the orginal tissue or something else (like a milita commmander with a clear diamond eye and a steel arm and leg), and a plugin or tool to add special tags to a certain creature (not race) so say you have the only flying fire breathing cat in the world. Also I updated my guide

Damn that sounds dwarven. Although not sure how the first part could work (are there any similar already in game workings?) but the second part could be doable.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2010, 09:17:12 pm »

no, currently scripts have no way to trigger. This is only usefull when you need more then one command.

Damn that sounds dwarven. Although not sure how the first part could work (are there any similar already in game workings?) but the second part could be doable.

I like this "doable" heal all (that is a part of your civ don't need maimed elves getting healed)

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2010, 10:04:10 pm »

Excuse me, but how do you get the adventurer swap tool to work?  It asks me for my character's race, and refuses to believe that "human" is a valid answer (instead giving me the line "incorrect race" over and over again, with absolutely no indication of what is the correct answer).  My adventurer is human, of course.

Okay, it had to be in all caps.  Unfortunately, swapping now causes the game to crash as soon as I attempt to move.  The entire view screen goes black as well, although the rest of the interface does not.  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:40:55 pm by Shinziril »
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2010, 12:19:04 am »

Excuse me, but how do you get the adventurer swap tool to work?  It asks me for my character's race, and refuses to believe that "human" is a valid answer (instead giving me the line "incorrect race" over and over again, with absolutely no indication of what is the correct answer).  My adventurer is human, of course.

Okay, it had to be in all caps.  Unfortunately, swapping now causes the game to crash as soon as I attempt to move.  The entire view screen goes black as well, although the rest of the interface does not.  Any suggestions?
let me guess you try to travel using a companion? oh and if the screen goes black(with no sudden close on DF then) try mashing the space bar and movement keys awhile the game needs to search and zoom over to the creature you swap.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2010, 12:42:52 am »

Swapping works  (besides the crash when it jumps to a creature not revealed), though it doesn't seem to pick up custom races,  anyone get this to work with a swap with alternate character races, (Like Genesis with all it's non-van creatures)   I can't seem to get it to switch to a Marsh Dwarf (City-based trader dwarves I made.)

It's kinda weird, it shows the name of said dwarf , in this case cilub, but when I jump to that name it puts me to the nearest human companion (Again the dwarf is from the Marsh dwarf entity I added)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 12:44:33 am by Kaelem Gaen »

HermitDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2010, 02:32:57 am »

The listing for which body you're switching is off. It won't show animals or anything, but you can type in more numbers than the ones listed and it'll move you. Sometimes with unexpected results (crash).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2010, 02:49:07 pm »

Swapping works  (besides the crash when it jumps to a creature not revealed), though it doesn't seem to pick up custom races,  anyone get this to work with a swap with alternate character races, (Like Genesis with all it's non-van creatures)   I can't seem to get it to switch to a Marsh Dwarf (City-based trader dwarves I made.)

It's kinda weird, it shows the name of said dwarf , in this case cilub, but when I jump to that name it puts me to the nearest human companion (Again the dwarf is from the Marsh dwarf entity I added)
man I just notice the crashes too.
shame how the older version doesn't even have that.(only crashes where caused by doing something in DF than DFusion)
"body swapping and YOU!"

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2010, 03:19:06 pm »

let me guess you try to travel using a companion? oh and if the screen goes black(with no sudden close on DF then) try mashing the space bar and movement keys awhile the game needs to search and zoom over to the creature you swap.

I did NOT attempt to [T]ravel while swapped, as I had read the notifications that that could cause "bad things".  The other reason is that attempting to [T]ravel while swapped would require the game to not crash instantly. 

Hitting the space bar or the period key or any of the movement keys while the screen is black ALSO caused the game to crash instantly.  The crash seems highly reminiscent of the crash caused when swapping to an unrevealed creature (as typing a number that did not appear on the list of available swap-names caused it to swap to a character with a different speed value than the first swap, the screen went black in the same manner, and the game promptly crashed instantly). 

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2010, 03:31:56 pm »

damn it... I know its because i change two vectors. But not sure which one is the right one. I it would be great help if some one would test it with first and second vector. I have no time for it now. (see plugins\tools\plugin.lua in function "tools.change_adv")

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2010, 04:12:51 pm »

I GOT IT TO WORK!

The creature I wanted to switch to (my companion) was listed as "1" on the list of available creatures (the character I was currently playing as was listed as "0").  Typing in "9" caused it to switch to my companion properly. 

EDIT: Ehehehehe . . .  this can be a little erratic.  Trying to swap to various numbers (including the number of my companion, and the number of my companion+8) while on the site of a lair did *not* result in crashes, impressively, but instead transplanted my soul into random creatures inhabiting the cave systems below me. 

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, it seems the problem is that the name of the creature you are supposedly are going to swap to and the creature the program actually swaps you to are not properly correlated with one another.  At the site of the lair, the list of swap targets is 1:bemta (me), 2:sapa (my companion), and 0:zakosp (the night creature we just killed).  Typing in "0" or "zakosp" swaps me to myself (no visible effect; this is consistent with what I had observed earlier- 0 is "yourself").  Typing in "1" or "bemta" swaps me to the deceased night creature.  Typing in "2" or "sapa" swaps me to a monitor lizard fiend in Hell.  Note that these are all reproducible; I can swap back without causing a crash, and repeating the input swaps me to the same target as previously.  The fact that it is noticing the night creature as a listed swap target is also a little odd, as the selected race is "human", but I suppose it is technically a transformed human?  I don't know. 

Typing in "3" swapped me to a draltha in the caves, however, swapping back failed to work properly.  When I savescummed and tried it again, it swapped me to a monitor lizard fiend in Hell (not the same one as when swapping to 2, but it was standing right next to it).  4 and 5 swapped me to further demons in that same cluster.  I think distance might factor into this somehow. 

TRIPLE EDIT: Aaaaand "9" swaps me to my companion properly, despite the fact that his displayed target number in the program is different than the last time that worked.  What the hell.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 06:01:49 pm by Shinziril »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2010, 06:22:03 pm »

yeah.. 1.8 and up seems to have a wonky list.
I'm using 1.6-7 or before the scripts where added. and those on  df.18 doesn't randomly toss you into a different body.

Also I found out that you can find where a demon fort is with this if you find your list of humans/dwarf/you past the 4 hundreds.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38