Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: DFusion - a lua based plugin system (integrated into DFHack)  (Read 142237 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.2
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 09:00:53 am »

did some play testing with this program over the weekend, works very nice. I thought it would be like your old "FE" but I was surpised to see that using the Embark option seems to make the selected races that have [INTELLIGENT] allow you to change their labors and do normal hauling tasks until you use Friendship, very very nice. But Is there anyway to assign creatures other then dwarves to noble postions or military?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 10:50:33 am »

wait I remember people saying there no towns for dwarfs and goblins and the game pretty barren.
Is this true?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 11:10:07 am »

did some play testing with this program over the weekend, works very nice. I thought it would be like your old "FE" but I was surpised to see that using the Embark option seems to make the selected races that have [INTELLIGENT] allow you to change their labors and do normal hauling tasks until you use Friendship, very very nice. But Is there anyway to assign creatures other then dwarves to noble postions or military?
I suspect its the same as FE. You need to activate tools->give sentience before that creature comes to map (i.e. before embarking or before migrants come) that way they are added to some super secret vector that allows them to be picked for positions and military (also growing up could also trigger this)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 01:49:56 pm »

hmm so one could slap this on before embarking into a human town on humans and they will be able to apply to said noble ranks?

also I wonder why the offset in the new one isn't a set of numbers like the last projects you had.

The last -f check seem to fail on CreatureGloss.
"body swapping and YOU!"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 03:39:45 am »

hmm so one could slap this on before embarking into a human town on humans and they will be able to apply to said noble ranks?

also I wonder why the offset in the new one isn't a set of numbers like the last projects you had.

Offsets now are in hex (it was in base 10 before) and also now it's possible to add script to find new offsets.
And i really need to add some sort of way to get DF version :/. Also is the site down? or is it just me?

EDIT: try new version with "-c" flag Rumrusher.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:41:14 am by darius »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 08:37:14 am »

Offsets now are in hex (it was in base 10 before) and also now it's possible to add script to find new offsets.
And i really need to add some sort of way to get DF version :/. Also is the site down? or is it just me?

EDIT: try new version with "-c" flag Rumrusher.
sweet thanks will try also could you add a profession changer? so that I can bypass the noble and children canceling the ability to join you.
oh good news I finally got a child to be brought in 31.xx the lass name is Rush Covensports and was born from normal human parents using the pet tag only. Sadly this lead to the father still not to be named.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.3
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 08:45:09 am »

getting version 1.3, so I will need to use "Give senientance to creature" in the tool menu then use the embark function? and then utimatly embark, to have them to be assigned to milita and noble? and would this also include them getting married and reproducing?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 09:14:36 am »

getting version 1.3, so I will need to use "Give senientance to creature" in the tool menu then use the embark function? and then utimatly embark, to have them to be assigned to milita and noble? and would this also include them getting married and reproducing?
from my progress all you need is the Pet tag on the creature for them to start breeding but expect no father's listed. though on the subject of the no towns.
I think the reason is that the protagonist from final fantasy 8 covers the whole town in his Emo gunbladeness so finding like finding a needle in a hay stack. I think using adventurers to map out the area would be a great idea if not the gunbladeness also blocking out land marks... yeah sucks but I do notice how stupid fast this (.13) version is compared to 10. it's like all wild life got wipe out for Cpu space.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 09:28:58 am »

At least I know how to breed my elves but I'd like them to be goblin fodder when they seige, and im still having trouble getting them set into the milita

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 12:09:24 pm »

had some trouble with v1.3 the "Friendship" option seems to be broken unless it does not like it when a given creature has been given Sentiant, so I reverted back to 1.2 to see if I get the same problem. Still no luck with assigning noble status or milita but then again its probally a end-user fault (me that is)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 01:21:10 pm »

had some trouble with v1.3 the "Friendship" option seems to be broken unless it does not like it when a given creature has been given Sentiant, so I reverted back to 1.2 to see if I get the same problem. Still no luck with assigning noble status or milita but then again its probally a end-user fault (me that is)
Hmm can you say what happens exactly  in v1.3? And about nobles and militia seems i'm still missing something...

Oh and finally retired, embarked and found my adventurer. Now towns are way larger and its hard to say where exactly to embark.

Edit: oh i found a bug in friendship v1.3 :/
Edit2: and fixed it:

Miniguide to achieve this: start DF, select start new game, select dwarf fortress, Run DFusion in there: Embark+friendship+tools->Give sentience:TROLL (not sure if last one is needed) and embark where you want.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:49:30 pm by darius »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.35
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 09:03:56 am »

just downloaded 1.35 hopefully I don't mess up these simple steps of getting "friendship" to work as well as assigning milita and nobles

EDIT: Works very nicely I like this alot now I can play my multi cultural fortress
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:35:11 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.35
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 09:01:57 am »

To use a race(s) (other then Dwarves) make sure you do not have the [PET] tag, as this will stop you from assigning labours (but not stop hauling) due to the "This creature is ready for slaughter (Y/N)" but you are still able to set them as soldiers and nobles, steps to follow:

Getting Started
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Create New World (if you have one made already good)

-Start a new game in "Fortress Mode"

-Run DFusion
--Use "Embark" function (make sure you have edited the "races.txt" to your desire)
--Run DFusion again and use the "Friendship" function (the "races.txt" have to be edited as well)

-Now pick you place to embark and either use "Play Now" or "Custom" and enjoy.

---Optional (if a creature you have selected to come along is unintelligent use the "Tools" function in DFusion and in there use "Give Sentience" and type the creatures tag Ex. "TROLL")
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if you have no Idea on how Editing the "races.txt" files (there are three, one for "Embark", one for "Friendship", and one for "Migrants") in the DFusion folder open the "Plugins" folder there you should see a group of Folders three will be "Embark", "Friendship", and "Migrants". Inside these folders are the seperate "races.txt" but all three must be edited differently

Editing the Plugins (races.txt)
Embark (races.txt)
-for every creature tag you will get one of those creatures with you (ex. from original "races.txt")

DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
ELF
HUMAN
GOBLIN
TROLL

this will have you start with [3x DWARFs] [1x Elf] [1x HUMAN] [1xGOBLIN] and [1x TROLL] but you can have as many as you want, just make sure the creature tags have their own line (just to look nice and avoid confusion and probally errors). Now I copied the creature I wanted in the raws and added a "D" to the end of its tag due to "Friendship" covering this later.

Friendship (races.txt)
-You only need one of each creature tag that you want within your team of controlable creatures (ex. from original "races.txt")

DWARF
HUMAN
ELF
GOBLIN
TROLL
GREMLIN
ELEMENTMAN_IRON

Now these allow DFusion to find all creatures within the game and make them playable (in a sense, hostile creatures will still attack and act as normal, but due to them being "considered" your RACE they will demand burial. So not only when Goblins come to attack and you kill them all, but they will also be put in your coffins)

Migrants (races.txt)
-This file goes by a random pick so if you have only two creature tags (DWARF and HUMAN) it will be a coin toss to see what race a migrant will be. So adding a large amount of one creature tag makes it more common (as it has a higher chance of being picked randomly) here is a example from the original (races.txt)

HUMAN
DWARF
ELF
ELF
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
GOBLIN
HUMAN
DWARF
ELF
ELF
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
GOBLIN
TROLL

So imagin a huge wheel with 17 segments with a tag in each segment, when "Migrants Arive" this spins, and when it lands on DWARF you get a dwarf, then it spins again landing on what ever fate demands until all migrants have come.

Now to fully explain my above statement of copy-ing a creature is so that there is no way that creature is acually in the "World" and that you would never encounter it (thus allowing me to kills Elves but not bury them [because my elves are a different creature altho exacly the same.])

My Embark (races.txt)

GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_STEEL
GOLEM_STEEL
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF

My Friendship (races.txt)

DWARF
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_STEEL
HUMAN

My Migrants (races.txt)

DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
GOLEM_STEEL
DWARF
HUMAN
HUMAN
DWARF
DWARF
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
DWARF
DWARF
DWARF
HUMAN
DWARF
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
DWARF
GOLEM_STEEL
DWARF
DWARF
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
GOLEM_IRON
HUMAN
HUMAN
HUMAN
GOLEM_STEEL

and thats all I need

EDIT: if these instructions are a little hard to follow let me know and I will remedy this, and if you want I can add sections. I.E. TOOLS and CHANGE RACE

EDIT 2: proof-reading, added MIGRANTS, and  updated my (races.txt)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:12:39 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.5
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 10:09:37 pm »

Bumping because added adventurer swapper. Usage: tools->Change Adventurer, type in number you want to change in, do stuff, press enter to get back. Used for: stealing items from unsuspecting npc, starting chaos (attack npc with npc) and most importantly arming your friends.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.5
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 12:06:57 am »

Oooh, niiiceee. Thanks for making this.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38