Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: DFusion - a lua based plugin system (integrated into DFHack)  (Read 142244 times)

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.5
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 03:27:29 am »

Do other races fall in strange moods?
Finis sanctificat media.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 03:31:46 am »

Bumping because added adventurer swapper. Usage: tools->Change Adventurer, type in number you want to change in, do stuff, press enter to get back. Used for: stealing items from unsuspecting npc, starting chaos (attack npc with npc) and most importantly arming your friends.
No more Cage traps!
NO more Cage Traps!
oh god wait number? meh time to EXPLOIT!
dang I found out that walking a good mile away from the main character could lead to a crash.
good news is now we can control our companions, and equip them properly which means community adventure mode can be done with out killing or retiring a adventurer.

edit: there a proven way to stay the character you swap to when you travel. you have to boot up fusion again and type the name of the character again.

edit: oh don't sleep if you want to keep your character... unless you want to hike back to the last area and swap back.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 07:14:51 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 07:51:14 am »

They do. Had a few troll artifacts.

Also would be very cool to change adventurer "permanently" (i.e. with travelling and quests...) but i think it depends on history entries and thats an uncharted territory.

Edit 3: also caves make a very good houses, till some demon comes and kicks you out. Killed 3 adventurers (+6 henchmen) already.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:03:06 am by darius »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2010, 09:30:24 am »

They do. Had a few troll artifacts.

Also would be very cool to change adventurer "permanently" (i.e. with travelling and quests...) but i think it depends on history entries and thats an uncharted territory.

Edit 3: also caves make a very good houses, till some demon comes and kicks you out. Killed 3 adventurers (+6 henchmen) already.
darn thanks for the info on that I notice that you can input any number and become a unknown creature which save me from death during a bogeyman rush... sadly I was a child and a buzzard and both pretty got wrecked during the attacks.
oh I wonder is there a away to get a Travel anywhere? I'm getting sick of walking thirty miles away from a non-hostile fort I got a quest from.

that and it seems missing a aim attack doesn't provoke folks or punching them... or was this lady just have a enough tolerance for stupid people.

edit: oh snap I just got an idea! you can use companions as pack mules now!

edit: if your companions have companions those second tier companions will follow you as well.
I don't know if they will 'T'ravel yet but one could move entire town doing this.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:44:34 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Halconnen

• Bay Watcher
  • Danmaku Fortress
    • View Profile
    • Certaincake
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 05:48:25 pm »

Is there any chance that embark can be modified to let you select the specific caste of a creature you want along?

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 09:20:48 pm »

Is there any chance that embark can be modified to let you select the specific caste of a creature you want along?
Will look into it, but no promises.

Also new version: now you can randomise migrants. Although i don't trust the rnd gen that i cooked up in assembly but it should be distributed nicely. So if you want to have a rare goblin just type a lot of "DWARF" and one "GOBLIN" into the races.txt. Have fun :)

Ramiel.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.6
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 11:34:08 pm »

This looks great, I can't wait to try it all out.  Just a few things, to make sure I have this correctly.
I personally don't care about mixed-race embarks / migrants - not opposed, just not too worried about it.  What I really want to do is take Elf/Goblin prisoners and make them citizens (slaves) of my fort - I can do that with tools->race changer, right?  (Actually, can't Runesmith do something like that?  Have it, but haven't used it yet).
If I do that, then I can use friendship to make them work, right?
Second, Tigermen.  If I read this right, I'll have to remove the [PET] tag to give them labors, but they can still be in the military without it?  I believe removing the tag means the Elves will stop bringing them tamed.  I assume I can wait for them to bring a breeding pair (or three), remove the [PET] tag from the save raws, then use friendship?
Even if not, still a great set of tools I plan to make good use of.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 03:08:24 am »

Not working for me in 17. I get
Code: [Select]
Invalid peek type
plugins/common.lua:101: attempt to index local 'vec' (a nil value)
for embark,
race num:0
Invalid peek type
plugins/common.lua:91: attempt to index local 'vec' (a nil value)
for friendship, and
Invalid peek type
plugins/common.lua:101: attempt to index local 'vec' (a nil value)
for migrants. Strangely, simple embark and embark anywhere work fine. I haven't tried change race or adventurer yet.

Trying -f, I get
Searching offsets:
Offset "CreatureGloss" Invalid peek type
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'lua::runtime_error'
  what():  offsets.lua:37: attempt to index local 'vec' (a nil value)
which I assume is the same thing Rumrusher had, but -c does nothing for me.

Am I missing something? :P
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 05:03:49 am »

oh I got it to work perfectly for me in .17
just that I had the Windows version.
the -c is for versions before .13
which makes it playable for 10 which I was using before I found out how to breed adventurers and sentient folk using the pet tag.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 05:07:46 am »

This is the windows version I'm having issues with. Thinking about it, maybe it has issues with the SDL version. Will try that now.
Music, Ballpoint

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 05:10:32 am »

This is the windows version I'm having issues with. Thinking about it, maybe it has issues with the SDL version. Will try that now.
have you try going to CMD and getting the file there using the -F function?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2010, 05:16:40 am »

Yes, of course. Which version are you using, SDL or Legacy? And which version of DFusion? The newest? Trying to track down where the difference is.
Music, Ballpoint

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2010, 06:32:51 am »

Yes, of course. Which version are you using, SDL or Legacy? And which version of DFusion? The newest? Trying to track down where the difference is.
can you paste what is printed in the beginning when you run it with "-f". And the dfusion is designed to work best with newest DF SDL version.

This looks great, I can't wait to try it all out.  Just a few things, to make sure I have this correctly.
I personally don't care about mixed-race embarks / migrants - not opposed, just not too worried about it.  What I really want to do is take Elf/Goblin prisoners and make them citizens (slaves) of my fort - I can do that with tools->race changer, right?  (Actually, can't Runesmith do something like that?  Have it, but haven't used it yet).
If I do that, then I can use friendship to make them work, right?
Second, Tigermen.  If I read this right, I'll have to remove the [PET] tag to give them labors, but they can still be in the military without it?  I believe removing the tag means the Elves will stop bringing them tamed.  I assume I can wait for them to bring a breeding pair (or three), remove the [PET] tag from the save raws, then use friendship?
Even if not, still a great set of tools I plan to make good use of.
Hmm not sure about slaves. The runesmith does have the ability to change creatures civ (though its not hard to make a tool or small lua script for dfusion) and idk if it has the ability to change flags (from invader to friendly) but the part that i have no idea is military and nobles. Oh and usually you don't need to remove [PET] tag for it to work. If you have a large running fort i suggest backing up and just experimenting.

EDIT:I and also i heard traps were bugged with 31.17?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2010, 08:22:43 am »

Speaking on jobs I should see if my hunch "that designations would work out side of fort mode."
would really work.
The materials I would need is a auto designator like auto fort and a bunch of adventurer mode reactions that on teach new skills.
If I prove successful this may be the next breakthrough than lighting your self on fire to become immune to magma.

edit:wait someone updated Tweak for .17 so now I can simply carve a hole in the ground... and properly install buildings like cages or statues.
sadly I can't figure out cage traps...
maybe it's a mix of mechanism or a type of tile that needs a cage.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:29:57 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Ramiel.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2010, 02:06:05 pm »

Well, I started a new fort in a Savage Tropical biome, and by mid-summer had caught and tamed a few Tigermen.  I removed the PET tag from the raws (think I'll try putting it back in later) and used friendship - they can be assigned labors now, but as far as I can tell they won't actually do any of them.  Tried to get them to mine - nothing.  Tried to smooth stone - nothing.  Tried to get them to just haul stuff around - still nothing.  I used Runesmith and changed their Civilization value to the same as my dwarves, then later removed the tame tag.  No luck.  I'm not much of a modder or programmer (yet), so I don't know what I should try next; just though I'd report on my actions.
I also tried using the Give Sentience tool at one point, but I think it crashed or something.  Not too sure what happened there.  Later: I just tried again, and after typing the token name, the program just sits there doing nothing.  Have to ctrl-c to get out of it.

Now I need to wait for goblins to attack, and see what I can do with them.

Also, I'm running 31.16 for now.  I wait for most/all of the utilities to update before changing versions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38