Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: DFusion - a lua based plugin system (integrated into DFHack)  (Read 142248 times)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: DFusion - a lua based plugin system v1.6
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 02:49:50 pm »

Well, I started a new fort in a Savage Tropical biome, and by mid-summer had caught and tamed a few Tigermen.  I removed the PET tag from the raws (think I'll try putting it back in later) and used friendship - they can be assigned labors now, but as far as I can tell they won't actually do any of them.  Tried to get them to mine - nothing.  Tried to smooth stone - nothing.  Tried to get them to just haul stuff around - still nothing.  I used Runesmith and changed their Civilization value to the same as my dwarves, then later removed the tame tag.  No luck.  I'm not much of a modder or programmer (yet), so I don't know what I should try next; just though I'd report on my actions.
I also tried using the Give Sentience tool at one point, but I think it crashed or something.  Not too sure what happened there.  Later: I just tried again, and after typing the token name, the program just sits there doing nothing.  Have to ctrl-c to get out of it.

Now I need to wait for goblins to attack, and see what I can do with them.

Also, I'm running 31.16 for now.  I wait for most/all of the utilities to update before changing versions.
Did you add tigerman to the races.txt in plugins\friendship ?

Also new offsets if you are afraid or sth to run with "-f" for 31.18:
Code: [Select]
CreatureGloss : 0x12e5370
CreaturePtr : 0xacf848
CreatureVec : 0x12df5a0
CurrentRace : 0x10cdaf0
StartDwarfs : 0x4f87e2

Ramiel.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2010, 04:50:41 pm »

Yes, I did that before anything else.  Don't think they would have had labors enabled otherwise.
And in case anyone asks, yes, I spelled it Tigerman like in the raws, not Tigermen.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2010, 06:36:50 pm »

Yes, I did that before anything else.  Don't think they would have had labors enabled otherwise.
And in case anyone asks, yes, I spelled it Tigerman like in the raws, not Tigermen.
Can you upload a save? I happened to me before with dragon (thought maybe megabeastness made him lazy) but maybe there is something else.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2010, 06:59:44 pm »

Code: [Select]
H:\df_31_17_win>dffusion -f
lua working ok!
Running lua file:common.lua
Searching offsets:
Offset "CreatureGloss" Invalid peek type
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'lua::runtime_error'
  what():  offsets.lua:37: attempt to index local 'vec' (a nil value)

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
I don't suppose you're using .net? I've had issues with .net on my install since forever. Not always, but enough for it to be a possibility, and that termination message looks awfully familiar...

Trying it with the new version soon, just have to generate a world.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Ramiel.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2010, 07:30:11 pm »

Sure, no problem.  Never done that before - just upload the region folder from the save folder, right?
http://www.mediafire.com/?6yr2waje2jmm9sx

I added the [PET] tag back onto them, and they lost the ability to work again, replaced by the 'cant work; slaughter Y/N' stuff.  Ran friendship again just to be sure, and it gave an error.  Closed up, re-deleted the [PET] tag, and when I reloaded labors were enabled again.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact they don't have names?  I heard Tame Tigerman cubs are born named, going to wait for a few to be born and see what I can do with them.  On an unrelated note, what tag in the raws says how long it takes a species kids to grow up?  I can't find it, and that'd make testing quite a bit easier.

For the record, the only utilities I've used on this save/world are DFusion, Runesmith, and DT.  Only mods/additions are the display case, NoExotics, and an extra descriptor (Cacame).

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2010, 09:05:47 pm »

Getting the same issue with new version, even with the new offsets you posted :( Really want to try the migrant changer, oh well
Music, Ballpoint

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2010, 03:12:02 am »

Getting the same issue with new version, even with the new offsets you posted :( Really want to try the migrant changer, oh well

Oh damn. -.- seems that my there was a real big misunderstandment between me and your OS. All other os'es load patterns.lua first and then common.lua yours skips patterns.lua? or loads it too late?
Oh and there is no net even close to my programs ( bad memories)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:16:40 am by darius »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2010, 03:36:41 am »

some how sleeping as a body swap character in the same tile makes your player character stats Jump around.
first time I done that my bronze had 230 when he woke up but when I done it the second time it jump up to 1626 from the normal ~400 speed range. oh and some how flooded the lower levels of my lair/fort.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:40:32 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2010, 03:37:18 am »

Speaking of patterns.lua...
H:\deons genesis 3.18 ASCII\deons genesis 3.18 ASCII>dffusion
lua working ok!
Running lua file:common.lua
Found plugins:
1).patterns.lua
2).tools
3).simple_embark
4).migrants
5).friendship
6).embark
launching patterns.lua...
cannot open plugins/patterns.lua/plugin.lua: No such file or directory
H:\deons genesis 3.18 ASCII\deons genesis 3.18 ASCII>
Looking at this more closely... H:\ is an ext3 volume, managed through ext2 volume manager. Apparently it's not liking how directories can be stored on such, because it's seeing patterns.lua as one, which is crazy. I don't even know what's going on here - I'd have to look at the methods you're using for file retrieval. In any case, copying it to my windows partition makes everything peachy.

Patching in a different file retrieval method might work to solve this, but then it might break things completely, so I wouldn't bother unless you're curious about what's going on (I know I am, especially because it might indicate buggy implementation for ext2 volume manager) - this is going to be a rare problem for most users. I use the ext3 partition because it has just under a terabyte more space than my windows partition, and because of a dumb mistake when I first built the filesystem for Ubuntu, I can't resize it without losing data, and I can't back things up because I don't have another drive.

TLDR: I'll just move something off of C:\ to make room for DF :)
Music, Ballpoint

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2010, 03:43:10 am »

<...>
TLDR: I'll just move something off of C:\ to make room for DF :)

I think that something invisible could be in the ending of patterns.lua, cause if you look into init.lua you'll see that it matches the end of files (or directories) with ".lua" and runs them and then removes from the table. (as ext3 supports more letters then ntfs e.g. i had a folder created from ubuntu that was not accessible from win just because it had "?" :D )

Sure, no problem.  Never done that before - just upload the region folder from the save folder, right?
http://www.mediafire.com/?6yr2waje2jmm9sx
<...>

I just tested the save. Just as run friendship the tigermen run to engrave. Maybe that error is to blame?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:44:59 am by darius »

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2010, 01:03:56 pm »

I'm running this with .18 but I can't seem to get the  adventurer changer to work,  how do I do that exactly I get no number and typing in a name doesn't effect anything.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2010, 03:54:44 pm »

I'm running this with .18 but I can't seem to get the  adventurer changer to work,  how do I do that exactly I get no number and typing in a name doesn't effect anything.
well if you type any number you could swap you to someone unless you try that and nothing happens.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Darkdwarf14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2010, 04:56:10 pm »

Where do you put "-f" to update the offset?

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2010, 05:29:33 pm »

well if you type any number you could swap you to someone unless you try that and nothing happens.

That's what I meant, I typed a number hit enter, and nothing happened, and I can't get -f to work either (It fails on Creature Gloss)  I assume the adventure changing issue was because of the Offset labeld "Adv" something or other... anyone have that offset for .18?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2010, 06:18:09 pm »

That's what I meant, I typed a number hit enter, and nothing happened, and I can't get -f to work either (It fails on Creature Gloss)  I assume the adventure changing issue was because of the Offset labeld "Adv" something or other... anyone have that offset for .18?
just checked the .18 version and OH my same problem. looks like DFusion needs a .18 update.
shame to
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38