Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobolds will soon survive  (Read 2498 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobolds will soon survive
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:22:59 pm »

For those of you who don't view the main page frequently, here's the latest update, parts relating to this subject in bold (at the end):
Quote from: Toady One
06/09/2011  Found my first tower-cap bed in a human's bedroom. It had an image of the foundation of a dwarven mountain hall in giant toad bone. An iron scourge made by the goblins made it to the back of the warehouse as well -- it commemorated a skinless demon becoming the law-giver of the goblin civilization. I also put in some extra precautions and tweaks so that dwarves form markets properly and are more survivable in world gen. Kobolds as well.

Just thought this might make some of you very pleased.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Kobolds will soon survive
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »

*Fistpump*

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 08:03:04 pm »

Yeah, caught that.  How exciting.  I'm more stoked about vampires, but all these things are good.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 08:10:49 pm »

Everything is good, this next version is gonna be epic

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:26:32 pm »

Well, once all of the bugsfeatures with the new stuff are ironed out.

Of course, if any of those bugsfeatures involve spontaneous combustion, I'll be fine with them.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 08:34:55 pm »

Well, once all of the bugsfeatures with the new stuff are ironed out.

Of course, if any of those bugsfeatures involve spontaneous combustion, I'll be fine with them.

I'm really looking forward to any bugs that will be occurring. Bugs with undead systems will be awesome, and those with cities should be interesting. I'm waiting for stuff like undead elves eating themselves; that sort of thing. That, and this announcement.

Or, y'know, a mostly bug-free release. That's not as much unexpected Fun, though.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:52:42 pm »

This is gonna be fun. I wonder if Kobolds will still charge nest boxes in Fort mode and lay their children as your citizens.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 09:24:29 pm »

Kobolds don't claim nests, no wild animals will (which includes Kobolds).  I'm looking forward to my first undead trade caravan.  Not from an undead civ, but from the humans who were turned undead but the code forgot to change them.  That, and being attacked by a vampire horde that promptly bursts into flame as soon as they enter the map, because they timed their assault during mid-day.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:46:48 pm »

There is no day or night in Fort mode. Chances are, they'll burn no matter what if they're on the surface. Really makes me wonder whether they'll have the intelligence to visit from the caverns.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 09:11:31 pm »

Everything is good, this next version is gonna be more epic than normal
Fixed.

This is gonna be fun. I wonder if Kobolds will still charge nest boxes in Fort mode and lay their children as your citizens.
What version was that bug, again?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 09:15:14 pm »

It was the version that eggs first came in.  .19, right?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 09:50:23 pm »

There is no day or night in Fort mode. Chances are, they'll burn no matter what if they're on the surface. Really makes me wonder whether they'll have the intelligence to visit from the caverns.
Day/Night doesn't apply in Fort mode. Nocturnal creatures will still come, so that means day/night doesn't apply.

Adventure mode, however...