Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Why Plump Helmets?  (Read 19999 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Why Plump Helmets?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2010, 05:17:21 am »

We like plump helmets because they have what Dwarves crave. They have electrolytes.

/obligatory idiocracy reference

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2010, 05:37:27 am »

I wonder how many of you sick puppies have started referring to your genitals as "the plump helmet in my pants".*

*I'm not judging you.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2010, 05:43:03 am »

*raises hand*

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2010, 06:00:52 am »

I might start now that you've given me the idea. I already call my skull a "braincase" due to somthing else.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2010, 06:12:27 am »

I might start now that you've given me the idea. I already call my skull a "braincase" due to somthing else.

That or braincage.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2010, 06:41:58 am »

I wonder who among you have attempted the megalithic dong project.*

*Again, I'm not judging you, I'm just trying avoid plagiarization and give credit where credit is due.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 06:44:52 am »

I wonder who among you have attempted the megalithic dong project.*

*Again, I'm not judging you, I'm just trying avoid plagiarization and give credit where credit is due.
I prefer the giant middle-finger-showing-hand directed at the most popular map edge among sieges and caravans.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 06:47:48 am »

Bonus points if you can figure out how to make it purple.

Consider a shiny gold doubloon nailed to the mast on this project, fast track this bitch.

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 12:51:27 pm »

I still use plump helmets for the sake of variety, and as an emergency reserve for a food crisis.  Though, to be honest I haven't had much of a food crisis lately.
Cage traps are my magma.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2011, 08:35:51 am »

I use Plump Helmets only for brewing, but can't seem to keep my dwarves from eating the all the time. That's why I always have stockpiles full off 1000+ Plumpies.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2011, 09:05:32 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:21:41 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 09:41:48 am »

I was quite surprised to see a familiar thread revived, and even more so when it was my thread... How did you find this thread? Googled something and this popped up?

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2011, 09:53:10 am »

So weird that people wouldn't just let a thread like this go and have to necro it.

However, since there's already two posts, I'll contribute: Plump helmets pick up the slack if other crops fail or are insufficient for the whole fort. I tend to use them as filler in a farm plot to even out the ratios of the other crops. They're the most edible and versatile. If only they could be made into clothes or pressed into oil...
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 10:09:46 am »

theyre practical and help provide good amounts of booze. ill eventually get round to growing above ground and other supground crops but i can often subsist n gathering naturally growing things
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 10:37:49 am »

I prefer longland grass

Because I can make longland beer, and beer just sounds most dwarvish :)
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6