Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Titans of Steel: Warring Suns - Strategic Mech Wargame  (Read 17522 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Titans of Steel: Warring Suns - Strategic Mech Wargame
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2010, 06:03:22 pm »

If someone sets up a league, there is some interest and the network code is still working, I will participate.
Haha! Now, guys, we must do it! You don't always get an opportunity to try and beat a game's creator on his own turf.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2010, 06:46:41 pm »

I may be interested too, but we would have to figure out how to track everything.

Pita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2010, 08:56:49 pm »

Great! This might actually work.

I'm still trying to find a decent way to track the league. I don't mind putting in a lot of slog myself to make it work, but I want to make sure it's elegant enough for everyone playing.

I play in a Blood Bowl league, and they do it pretty well, so I'm borrowing some ideas from them.

-I would like to make a dedicated webpage that displays the fixtures and standings. I'm no PHP buff, so at the moment I would just do it manually and with a bunch of spreadsheets. But if I can find a free league manager with html export, that would simplify things.

-I would send a PM to the people who are scheduled for a match, and they would organise a time through PMs to play.
-We would need a place to show up to and start games for actual playing. (like an IRC channel)
-And then a place to post match results to. (a forum thread)

I'll flesh out more detailed draft of the league structure here, and then start a thread in 'play with your buddies' if people think it could work. I'm guessing there is a dwarf fortress IRC channel, the wiki lists a whole bunch. Where would be the most convenient place?

I'm mainly worried about getting multiplayer games to work, the network setup quick guide in the matrixgames forum recommends using hamachi, which I think I might have to use since only my LAN IP shows up when creating a game. Haven't fiddled with the router yet though.

Wow, just got hit by the brutality of the game. Got 3 jocks up to green status two of them in nice recon close-combat mechs and one in a light energy gun-bucket. Third mission of Deep Core two decided to turn their jumpjets off over lava and the take a nap, combusting the engines and killing them and destroying their mechs. The last one got close to finishing but was forced to eject from a lucky shot that almost took out her engine.

Oh well, time to start again!

Aieee. I did basically the same thing, but it wasn't as painful because it was with fresh rookies in acid. Once it had fallen over, it wasn't getting back up again.

Edit:

Yeah, let's not use tournament teams, since part of the fun of a league is putting the development+management parts of the game to good use! I'm leaning towards using green teams with a team tonnage limit of 210t. This lets you field 3 light titans, or up to 5 recons, which is plenty of variety for completely new teams. It also gives you access to the bank, which might be vital to stop teams from an early retirement!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:13:20 pm by Pita »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2010, 07:40:32 am »

I'm having some trouble in the factory designing a mech. Every time I attempt to place a heat regulator on any part of the mech that has slots avaliable it just beeps at me as if I can't put it there. I've tried placing the engine first then HR, HR in the same place as the engine and even placing the HR first. I've got no idea why and the manual isn't helping at all.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2010, 07:48:02 am »

Heat regulators are installed automatically to their appropriate segments. If it says 3 slots on HR's description, it means that it'll take up one slot in each leg, and one in torso(or was it lower torso? or back torso? somewhere in there). 5 slots means that it'll use additional slots in each one of the arms(or side torso parts, I really don't remember, but you get the idea).
Make sure you've got those slots available.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2010, 07:50:36 am »

Thanks I've figured that out now, I was getting worked up over nothing XD

LarkinVB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2010, 08:21:27 am »

Thanks I've figured that out now, I was getting worked up over nothing XD

The info is hidden in the factory. When you have selected to install heat regulators you can press F1 and select 'more'. There is a lot of F1 help in the factory.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2010, 08:27:34 am »

ok thanks all for help in this.

DarkAnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2010, 11:47:12 am »

I'll play too, just PM me when you're ready to start.
Why do my dwarves hate me?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]