Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to BRRAAAIIIINNNNNSSSSssss....  (Read 23075 times)

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to BRRAAAIIIINNNNNSSSSssss....
« on: November 09, 2010, 12:21:44 am »

Roll to BRAIINNNSSSS....

5-7 players to start. Survivors welcome via searching.

It's been only 2 days since the zombies came. You collected some supplies and fled for your life, leaving all you've known to burn behind you.  The zombies seem to be seriously weakened by sunlight, and avoid it, but at night they are almost unstoppable killing machines. You've managed to hold up with a few others in this small storm cellar for the night, but it has no supplies, no food, and is far too cramped for long-term survival. There's plenty of places in town that could serve as a night-time shelter, but right now, you're limited by how far you can move in the light, and what you can collect in the day. Any place you decide to hold for the night should be fortified, or at least, easy to fortify, or else the zombies will quite easily rip through the windows, or punch right through the walls, if you give them half a chance.

standard RTD rules (i think...)
The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TIME: Queue up your actions for the Day, and for that Night. I will respond to all posts on Thursday (or sooner if everyone posts and I'm feeling like it), and give you until Saturday noon (EST, but i prob wont post till the evening/night) to change your Night actions. Combat/ambushes will resolve without your input; tell me conditionals (e.g. 'i always try to run if possible' or 'if we have the upper hand, we attack'.). I will resolve the Night by Monday evenings (most of the night will be recuperation and waiting for the sun to make the zombies give up trying to claw open the door). If I don't have input from you, I'll assume you either repeat what you did, or aid others, or stay at the base and fortify/repair it.

Exploring (aka LOOTING): A Rummage check searches a single structure/area each action. Large structures (malls, hospitals, Home Depot, etc.) have 2 or more 'areas' (part 1, part 2, etc.). Rummage checks above 1 result in finding at least 1 item in the area of your search. High rummage checks rusult in directly useful items, and/or a large number of items. Many structures have been looted, destroyed, or burned, so not all strucres have very useful items. Notable locations on next post.

Chars:
Name:
Stats: 2pts, max 2 in any stat.
   STRength (melee attacks, lifting stuff, carry capacity), FINensse (ranged attacks, manual dexterity, most craft checks), REFlex (dodge in combat/enviornmental), TOUghness (Health Points, physical resistance), COUrage (Morale Points, mental resistance), INTellect (craft checks, engineering), PERception (notice zombies, notice ambushes/ambush points, rummage), LUCk (avoid epic FAIL, better epic WIN, slight improvment to all checks).
Skills: 6pts, max 3.
   Rummage (search for things), Engineering (mehcanical crafting, fortifications, repair, etc), Medical (first aid, surgery), Martial Arts (unarmed and light melee), Melee, Guns (also crossbows), Throw (rocks to grenades), Chemistry (crafting drugs, explosives, poisons, glues, etc.), Navigation (faster routes = more time to search, less likeley to get ambushed, better results inside structures), Culinary (extracting food/water from animals/plants, preparing food), Stealth (avoid zombies, sneak attacks)

Perks (pick UP TO 2; feel free to suggest an equivilent perk):

Health, etc.

!!INFECTION!!: zombies bites are infectious (to humans; animals seem to be immune). Zombification has an unkown hibernation, but deals 1 HP every dawn. You can delay the onset of the infection by preventing the damage with a medical check (consume supplies+pain drugs) before dawn. A chemist working with a doctor might be able to sythesize a cure, or even a vaccine, or perhaps a mass cure to revert the zombies (!!), but it will be very hard and take a LOT of supplies - and if something goes wrong... well, all drugs need test subjects...

Carry Capacity: You can carry up to 50lbs (you have a backpack by default) without issue. Each point of STR increases that by 10 lbs. You can haul around double your capacity, but traveling takes a full action (unless you have a vehicle), and you take penalties in combat.

EQUIPMENT:

Edit: I made this in notepad, so forgive spelling errors.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:36:49 am by bowdown2q »

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to BRRAAAIIIINNNNNSSSSssss....
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 12:22:13 am »

Current Players:
Jetsquirrel - you're short a pet (dog/cat/goat)

Monk12

maxicaxi

Frelock - your skills are short 1 rank (I think)

kilakan

JacenHanLovesLegos - where are the points from Academic going? also, no truck, the party van has been claimed (:p)

Scood - assuming you put your acedemic points into eng and medical? Also, you're equip is wrong, I reduced the number to give you pack B. As for the P90...the civilian model is single-fire only. you can use engineering to make it full-auto, wiht parts.

Waitlist (or "OHGODHELP"):

Notable Locations: ( a map of some sort will follow.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 02:32:39 pm by bowdown2q »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 12:50:26 am »

Name: Jack Hanson
Stats: 1 pts intellect , 1 pts luck
   2 pts Medical , 2 pts Chemistry ,2 pts Culinary
Perks: Academic(medical + chemistry) & masterchef
equipment: Package A + Machete
i suggest somebody to become a driver and take a minivan or something.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:46:08 pm by Jetsquirrel »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 01:04:14 am »

Name: Malcolm Young
Stats: +1 Strength, +1 Perception
Skills: +2 Navigation, +1 Rummage, +2 Stealth, +1 Martial Arts
Perks: MONK (+1 COU, +1 Martial Arts, deal extra damage with Martial Arts, and can use quarterstaff with Martial Arts), DETECTIVE (+1 PER, +1 Rummage. Roll twice using Rummage)
Carry Capacity: 60lbs

Equipment:
5 food, 2 water, medical supplies 1, pain drugs 1, Volt the Dog.
Quarterstaff

Description- A tall, lanky young man, Malcolm used his cunning to survive the mean streets of Suburbia. A great runner and martial artist, he now must survive the mean streets of Zombieland.

I run, I find shit, I run some more. Think Mirrors Edge, or some kind of odd zombieland urban ranger thing.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 01:19:09 am »

Chars:
Name:Sam Wright
Stats: +1Str +1Ref
Skills: Engineering +3 Melee +4 Martial Arts +1
FIGHTER - +1 STR, +1 to any 2: Martial Arts, Melee, Guns, Throw.
AMBIDEXTEROUS - you may dual-wield at -2. (normal -4).
EQUIPMENT:
longsword
C: 8 food, 4 water, pain drugs 2.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 02:13:27 am »

Name:Detective Bob
Stats: +2 LUC, +1 PER
Skills: Rummage +4, Gun +3, Navigation +1
Perks:Detective(+1 PER, +1 rummage, May roll twice on rummage rolls) Gun Nut (+1 to gun, starts out with SPAS 12)
Equipment:
SPAS 12 (8 rounds)
C: 8 food, 4 water, pain drugs 2.

A police detective who got where he was based almost solely on his incredible luck, along with his ability to notice things that were slightly out of place when he just happened to stumble across them.  Instead of joining the riot team at the start of the infection, he picked up a SPAS 12 from the armory and booked it.  Good thing too; the riot team was wiped out in the first hour.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:39:23 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 01:47:18 pm »

ehm guys we need some kind of mechanic.engineer or/and a driver with a minivan. Or we barricade ourselfs in or we keep on the move

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 01:57:21 pm »

well, you've got a decent engineer, although not a theoreticaly maxed out one. Driving, if it gets down to stunt driving, will just use FIN (or navigation to loose perusers), and you'll have to scrounge around to find a car with keys in it, or hotwire one.

Speaking of which, adding Crazy Eddie's Used Car Emporium to the locations list

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 02:38:23 pm »

I propose we steal concrete from abandoned construction projects to make a zombie proof castle and secure our position of power in the new world order.

But first, some armor that can withstand zombie bites. Baby steps and all that.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 02:55:19 pm »

If this starts i sugges that we first raid the hospital
the meds are really helpful and i know already what im going to need badly to survive this apocalypse and we could find our first vehicle there namely a ambulance! Or the tool shop, you can find handy stuff in there like chainsaws, axes and other goodies

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 03:40:37 pm »

If this starts i sugges that we first raid the hospital
the meds are really helpful and i know already what im going to need badly to survive this apocalypse and we could find our first vehicle there namely a ambulance! Or the tool shop, you can find handy stuff in there like chainsaws, axes and other goodies

Ooh, tough decision. I say hit the hospital before some other survivor steals an ambulance. Maybe hit up a gas station, stockpile some gas and twinkies.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 05:16:56 pm »

So IN, totally stealth driver.  Don't expect me to leave the van much, though I'll totally cover you guys with a rifle, when I get one, until then MAGNUM!!.
Name:Khan
 Reflex 2
 Luck 2
 Navigation 3
 Stealth 3
 Guns 2
Perks:
Ninja-+1 stealth, +1 called shots/trip, +1 when attacking undetected
Stunt Driver-+1 Navigation, +1 reflex, +1 Luck
Equipment:
heavy revolver (2 hand; .44)
Vehicle: Commercial Van (took this cause they don't have back windows, and more space.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:19:50 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 06:17:49 pm »

Name : Jacen
Stats : 2 INT
Skills : 3 Engineering, 2 chemistry, 1 medical
Perks : Detective, Academic
Equipment : Choice A ,goat
Vehicle : Pickup
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:18:59 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 06:21:31 pm »

Chars:
Name: Dan
   STRength () FINensse (1), REFlex (), TOUghness (), COUrage (), INTellect (1), PERception (), LUCk ().
Skills: 6pts, max 3
Rummage (1), Engineering (2), Medical (1), Martial Arts (), Melee(), Guns (2), Throw (rocks to grenades), Chemistry (), Navigation (), Culinary (), Stealth ()
Perks:
TRAP MASTER +1REF, +2 when crafting/setting/arming/disarming traps.
ACADEMIC - +1 INT, +1 to any 2: Engineering, Medical, Chemistry, Navigation
Carry capacity: 50
Equipment: 5 food, 5 water, 5 mechanical supplies, 2 chemical supplies, P90  5 ammo
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 07:28:13 pm »

Name : Jacen
Stats : 2 INT
Skills : 3 Engineering, 2 chemistry, 1 medical
Perks : Detective, Academic
Equipment : Choice A ,goat, .22 rimfire
Vehicle : Pickup
Dude you get one packet and one handgun, not one of each.
Nom nom nom
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12