Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: automating the creation process for creature raws  (Read 420 times)

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
automating the creation process for creature raws
« on: November 10, 2010, 06:23:59 pm »

Hey has anyone tried to build a "creature creator wizard"?  As in a program that step by step walks you creating the raws for creatures?

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: automating the creation process for creature raws
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 06:51:13 pm »

just wanted to bump this up a bit.

would a program like this be do-able with the VBASE thing that (i can't remember the name of the forum member) has created?

I have SO many ideas for races and creatures that i want to create, but I just cannot get my head around the RAWs.  A program/wizard like this would make the RAWs so much more accessible to those of us who don't have (for whatever reason) the ability to mod manually.

Capabilities:
it would be able to spit out a basic compiled creature where you pick and choose body parts and are able to redefine these parts (i.e. that horn there is a spiral horn, not like a rhino horn, etc.)

it would be able to create entity info based on a questionaire about your civ (questions about ethics, tendancies and whatnot).

have a little thingy (technical name, of course) that would make it easyier to create sprites for your race/update the DF folder with sprites you acquire.