Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is it with my dwarves fascination of humans?  (Read 2122 times)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is it with my dwarves fascination of humans?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 03:00:12 pm »

Takes longer to rig up a controlled demolition with a support and lever than it does to send in Urist McExpendable to clear out the last chunks of rock.   :D

Besides, migrants are an infinitely renewable resource.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 03:35:22 pm »

My dwarves, in all the fortresses, tend to have a strong fixation on the region they embarked in. Nearly every artwork of any kind will be about something that happened in that region. Also, they like to just engrave/sculpt/etc dwarves with no description or generals/kings-queens of their civ. Also, they like to depict the fortress' history, especially the founding and the politics (mayoral elections etc).
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 03:42:07 pm »

Takes longer to rig up a controlled demolition with a support and lever than it does to send in Urist McExpendable to clear out the last chunks of rock.   :D

Not true your world can run out of migrants. And if you lose to many of them they will decide that your fort isn't save.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 03:54:49 pm »

My last fort was apparently in the hunting ground of a Marsh Titan; nearly every engraving was of the Marsh Titan killing someone.  Cheeriest dormitory ever!
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 04:01:27 pm »

they're playing Human Town

Psssh, what's next?

Humans playing Elven forest/retreat [/]
Elves playing Goblin Tower [/]
And Goblins playing Dwarf fortress? [/]
WE ARE THE GOBLINS!
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 04:08:44 pm »

Not true your world can run out of migrants. And if you lose to many of them they will decide that your fort isn't save.

By the time the migrants wise up about the death trap of the fortress you have you should have your own dwarven breeding programs going. With 100+ children in the fortress there's always a new peasant for fun! :D
Pages: 1 [2]