Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: .17 Token Extraction  (Read 11464 times)

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
.17 Token Extraction
« on: November 11, 2010, 03:34:14 pm »

As I said I would, I've just gotten done dragging some night creature RAWs out of an uncompressed world.dat, plus searching creature_standard.txt.  I haven't checked to see what's new with demons or FBs, as I cut my study version of world.dat down to Night Creatures.  (Just checked, and I saw nothing new aside from natural skills.)  I'll be modifying this as I uncover more.

Creature Tokens:

[SPOUSE_CONVERTER]: I'm sure it's in some way associated with... well, converting spouses.  Figuring out how it works is a task for later.  There's no white-spacing in world.dat since it's only meant for machine reading.  Bogeymen don't have this.

[SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGET]: Creatures with [SPOUSE_CONVERTER] will target these.  Goblins lack this.

[NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER]: found on all night creatures not named "bogeyman".  Presumably sets their tactic type to "hunter," whatever that means.

[NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN]: found on bogeymen.  Sets their tactic type to "bogeyman"?

[LAIR:(type):(prob)]: presumably determines what sort of lairs this night creature is associated with, with (prob) determining the probability (is it a weight or a probability out of 100?  Seems the latter) of that lair being chosen.  (type) can be SIMPLE_BURROW, SIMPLE_MOUND, SHRINE, and LABYRINTH as types.  Night creatures all have SIMPLE_BURROW and SIMPLE_MOUND, with (prob) of 50 each.  Bronze colossi and titans also have SHRINE at 100, and minotaurs have LABYRINTH.  Other lair creatures (dragons, hydras, and so forth) have SIMPLE_BURROW.

[LAIR_CHARACTERISTIC:(characteristic):(prob)]: Only case I've seen is [LAIR_CHARACTERISTIC:HAS_DOORS:100] for Night Creatures.  A string dump or searching other files should find any other characteristics.

[LAIR_HUNTER]: Found in minotaurs and hydras.  Presumably means it will hunt you down if you enter its lair, as opposed to some other behavior (hiding or fleeing?).

[LAIR_HUNTER_SPEECH:(text file)]: Only case I've seen is [LAIR_HUNTER_SPEECH:lair_hunter_minotaur.txt].  Appears to be what the creature says while hunting you in its lair.

[HABIT_NUM:TEST_ALL]: I don't know, I've never seen it in any other format.  Precedes all habit lists.

[HABIT:(action):(prob)]: Cannot determine meaning of prob, guessing it's a weight.  Actions include COLLECT_TROPHIES, COOK_PEOPLE, COOK_VERMIN, GRIND_VERMIN, COOK_BLOOD, GRIND_BONE_MEAL, EAT_BONE_PORRIDGE, USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON, or COLLECT_WEALTH.

[NATURAL_SKILL:(skill):(num)]: As described by Toady One, gives a creature a natural skill.  I don't know the scale for (num), but demons have 10 for all (num)s as an example. 

[CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:(tile)]: Tiles for soldiers of that species.

[SOLDIER_ALTTILE:(tile)]  Alt tile for soldiers of that species.

Entity Tokens:
[BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS]:  Found on humans.  Castle construction?

[BANDITRY:(num)]:  Found on humans, goblins, and kobolds; humans and kobolds have a (num) of 10, while goblins have 50!  Presumably it says how probable it is a member of the species will turn to banditry.

[LOCAL_BANDITRY]: Found on goblins and kobolds, but not humans.  Someone toy with this and figure it out.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:59:57 pm by KillerClowns »
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .17 Token Extraction
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 03:46:27 pm »

From file changes.txt:
   new creature tags
      NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER
      NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN
      SPOUSE_CONVERTER
      CONVERTED_SPOUSE
      SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGET <-- Dwarves, elves and humans have this
      LAIR_HUNTER
      LAIR_HUNTER_SPEECH:<speech file>
      HABIT:<habit token>:<percentage>
      HABIT_NUM:<TEST_ALL or a number>
      NATURAL_SKILL:<skill token>:<amount>
         skill starts here and cannot rust below here
      CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:<tile>
      SOLDIER_ALTTILE:<tile>
      CASTE_SOLDIER_TILE:<tile>
      CASTE_SOLDIER_ALTTILE:<tile>
      SKILL_LEARN_RATES:<percentage>
      SKILL_RUST_RATES:<3 rust tags from SKILL_RATES>
      SKILL_RATE:<skill token>:<4 tags from SKILL_RATES>
      SKILL_LEARN_RATE:<skill token>:<percentage>
      SKILL_RUST_RATE:<skill token>:<3 rust tags from SKILL_RATES>

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 03:50:25 pm »

From file changes.txt:
   new creature tags
      NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER
      NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN
      SPOUSE_CONVERTER
      CONVERTED_SPOUSE
      SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGET <-- Dwarves, elves and humans have this
      LAIR_HUNTER
      LAIR_HUNTER_SPEECH:<speech file>
      HABIT:<habit token>:<percentage>
      HABIT_NUM:<TEST_ALL or a number>
      NATURAL_SKILL:<skill token>:<amount>
         skill starts here and cannot rust below here
      CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:<tile>
      SOLDIER_ALTTILE:<tile>
      CASTE_SOLDIER_TILE:<tile>
      CASTE_SOLDIER_ALTTILE:<tile>
      SKILL_LEARN_RATES:<percentage>
      SKILL_RUST_RATES:<3 rust tags from SKILL_RATES>
      SKILL_RATE:<skill token>:<4 tags from SKILL_RATES>
      SKILL_LEARN_RATE:<skill token>:<percentage>
      SKILL_RUST_RATE:<skill token>:<3 rust tags from SKILL_RATES>
Ooh.  Heh, should've checked there.  Thanks, I'll fix up my post and correct it.  Still, compiling legitimate variables is useful, and not all new tags were listed.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 05:59:24 pm »

Just noticed that "GHOST" was also added to the list of texture types in graphics_example.txt
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 06:11:24 pm »

Having LOCAL_BANDITRY on a human civilization seems to make them treat you as hostile everywhere but your home town. Perhaps even in your home town after you leave it for the first time. I don't intend to test that out, but it's something to consider.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 06:27:40 pm »

The lair types, lair characteristic, and habits seem to be complete in the first post.

From a quote by Toady, LOCAL_BANDITRY should be the official patrols that were mentioned in the latest devlog story.

Tool tokens:
LIQUID_COOKING
LIQUID_SCOOP
GRIND_POWDER_RECEPTACLE
GRIND_POWDER_GRINDER
MEAT_CARVING
MEAT_BONING
MEAT_SLICING
MEAT_CLEAVING
HOLD_MEAT_FOR_CARVING
MEAL_CONTAINER

New body part token as mentioned in Toady's post
CONNECTOR - for spines to prevent easy severs

New item type
SLAB - Memorial slabs

Item function/tool tokens
METAL_MAT
METAL_WEAPON_MAT
TOOL_USE
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 07:35:53 pm »

Makes me wonder what the collect wealth habit would do on a fortress race.   

My own custom race is kinda...hoardey?  Nah dosn't sound right...   Anyway they are supposed to like collecting shiny objects, which if that works the way I think it would in fortress mode it would be interesting to have to make sure everyone has enough storage for all their shiny valuable goodies they collect.  ...most likely a future thing though.

As a side note I've also given the custom race a number of learn rate modifiers to different skills. (110% learning rate to most combat skills, 80% or lower to most crafting and 'artsy' skills)  I guess I get to see how well they work in large scale practice.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 08:51:25 am »

On a semi-related note, I'm currently trying to figure out the viability of creating non-random creatures adhering to night creature behaviour. It isn't going well... which was probably to be expected. Unlike the titan/forgotten beast/demon tags, the night creature tags do actually seem to be parsed without error, but they appear to be completely ineffective. Chances are the game looks for GENERATED or something along with the behaviour token.

Edit: Yeah, as far as I can tell lairs only work on megabeasts or generated creatures, unless the game is just waiting for the creature in question to do something noteworthy. The other tokens don't seem to influence this at all, nor allow for night creature-esque behaviour. Oh well.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:57:23 am by 3 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 09:07:44 am »

What, we cannot use night creature tokens on custom creatures? Ahhhh. Here go my ideas about vampires and zombies...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 09:16:30 am »

I'm not finding generated there.  However, I think it will only place hunters if they have spouse converter right now.  Otherwise, you might as well use a semimegabeast.  You can use all the habits with the semis and they will work as long as you use a lair, I think.  It depends on exactly what you are trying to do.  To do conversion, you want SPOUSE_CONVERTER on the main caste and CONVERTED_SPOUSE on the secondary caste.  This is all said without having tested it, but I'm not finding generated used in many places, so there is hope of some progress.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 09:22:11 am »

Hmm. I suspected that was the case, but couldn't find anything in legends nor in the exported creature list after trying it out. I'll take another look and see if I can work anything out.

Edit: You're correct, of course. It seems that I needed to force the game to show all caves for them to show up. But they are showing up, so that's great.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:28:25 am by 3 »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 09:28:59 am »

Lessee....  you'll also want biome flags for them, and it looks like it is probably expecting it to be a lair dweller (rather than a cave).
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 09:39:13 am »

Do they require cluster or population numbers associated with them? Or are they distributed like megabeasts and therefore have no need?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 09:40:14 am »

Thank you for coming here, Toady :). I really hoped to make different custom creatures with this behavior both for Genesis and Wasteland mod.

So basically, they should be non-cavern creatures with two castes (one as "converter" and another as "spouse") with biomes as for aboveground critters or make them semimegabeasts? Thank you for clarifying.

*Runs off to test*.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 09:48:05 am »

What happens if a given caste has both converter and spouse tokens?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games
Pages: [1] 2 3